The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Review

brand new: The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
Release Date: Nov 21, 2006
Label: Mar 2005-Apr 2006
Genres: Indie Rock, Emo
Brand New seem to know exactly what they're doing and whether they want to stay underground or fully break into the mainstream, this album has the potential to do either.
 Lyrics: 8.8
 9.1
 9.2
The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 21, 2006

Sound: The drastic change from "Your Favorite Weapon" to "Deja Entendu" was easily noticed. In TDAGARIM, it feels a lot more like Deja Entendu because the poppy feel has completely left the band. Brand New clearly stated they did not want to make the same album twice, and they continue to follow that formula. You will notice that the album as a whole sounds a little hollow, as in it was recorded in a big music hall. You can tell that simply by their latest release. // 8

Lyrics: Brand New is one of the few bands that have mature, non-simplistic lyrics. They join the ranks of Taking Back Sunday, Underoath, and such. The Song "Jesus Christ" shows the maturity of their lyrical ability and demonstrates a new kind of singing style much like Matchbook Romances' album Voices (which lacked in a lot of categories). Obviously we can always expect great lyrics from Brand New, and this album is no different. // 10

Overall Impression: If you were a fan of Deja Entendu you will be a fan of this. Sowing Season was Deja Entendu at it's Prime while the song Jesus Christ has a poppish ending which felt a lot like Your Favorite Weapon. Degausser, Limousine and You Wont Know are great songs because it seems a lot different than what we are use to. The good thing about brand New is that we were never expecting the new album to sound like Deja Entendu, therefore many wont hold it to that standard. The Choir part in Degausser is different in a positive way. The only reason why many would have high expectation for this album is because they waiting 3 years for it. If then, don't hold your breath, it might not be worth 3 years, maybe 2.9. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: sonixon, on november 22, 2006

Sound: Before indulging in this album, I could never really say I was a fan of Brand New. I'd heard basiclaly all of their songs but they weren't a band I'd go out of my way to listen to. This CD changed that. Musically, I feel like this CD is a good combination of what was good about the first album, and what was good about the second album. I absolutely love every song on this album, especially the first half of it. Every song on it sounds like it could be a single. It is very apparent that plenty of time was put into the making of this CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are breathtaking, as for Jesse's usual standard. Brand New's music has always seemed centred around the singing to me, and this album keeps it up. I've found more than a few times, I would be listening to a song I love from this album and hear a new line sung that I didn't notice before and that song just becomes exponentially better. There is more than one song where the vocals are done in harmonies for the majority of the way through it, and I love that style of singing. The lyrics also fit with the music perfectly. These songs seem like classics that have been around for several years. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is number one on my listening list right now and has replaced Protest The Hero's 14 month straight run in my car's CD player, which I must say, is really saying something. My two favourite slower songs from the album are "Luca" and "Jesus Christ", for their simply beautiful melodies and vocals, and my favourite harder ones are "The Archer's Bows Are Broken" and "Sowing Season", the latter of which starts of slow and just begins booming about a quarter of the way in and just sounds amazing. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't think twice about replacing it. It's music like this that reminds my thick head why music can be worth every penny. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: stellar_legs, on november 30, 2006

Sound: On 2003's excellent Deja Entendu, Brand New realized that whispering and screaming weren't the only ways to convey emotion, and that there were more than one emotion worth conveying. Around witty, well-crafted hooks/lyrics, frontman Jesse Lacey paid tribute not only to the people who have hurt him, but the people that he had hurt. Epic, sexy songs about shipwrecks, debauchery, first times, and cold, heart taking men. But on their major label debut, he seems more worried about saving his soul. The album is riddled with references to God, Satan, and everything that tempts one to either side. The point (and selling factor) is melodrama, but Lacey and the band makes it work in a way so many of their peers attempt but fail. On "Jesus" he begs forgiveness and worries about an afterlife without God. On "Millstone" his mindset is a little more South of Heaven as he rejects those that would care for him for a tempting life of sin, free of mortal worries. And perhaps for the first time, the band's influences come into play more than on previous efforts, such as Modest Mouse guitar squeals in "Jesus." And the opening two minutes of the excellent "Limousine" sound like an outtake from Ok Computer. But there is a line from using influences and completely stealing them, and they have yet to learn how to manage that. But they've done a better job than their peers (example: Thursday borrowing so heavy from their influences on their latest album that it borders plagerism). // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics seem to have taken a backseat to the overall feel of the album, but as Thom Yorke would easily argue, it's not what you say but how you say it. And with any obviously personal effort, that's understandable. Some of these lines soar, some of these sink. Lacey paves the way for this adventure on "Sowing Season," proclaiming "It's losing all my friends/it's losing them from drinking and to driving." Such blunt exclamations work exceptionally well on the majority of these tracks to keeping with the raw emotion, but others fail to register. But on "Limousine" as Lacey repeats over and over "I love you so much/do me a favor baby don't reply/cuz I can dish it out but I can't take it" you feel as if you're their with him, in his apartment, consoling him like a hurt child, wallowing in his self-pity. // 3

Overall Impression: It's been a year of risky discs, bands trying to top their previous efforts with blaoted, experimental music that's more questionable than listenable. But for a band who has topped themselves with every album, The Devil and God is a welcome fit, and a new addition to whatever direction Brand New choose to go in. The meloncholy and melodrama is too much for most people to take, even devoted fans, and a great deal of these songs are long and so-so. But as with almost all experimental albums, this is one for people who will "get it," which may be less than expected. But there is fun in tweaking a sound, which the boys are doing, and the majority of it does sound damn good. // 8

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: Physh, on december 11, 2006

Sound: The boys of Brand New out-do their sophmore effort "Deja Entendu" with this, their third album. The sound on this CD is a huge step ahead for Brand New, but in the same footsteps of "Deja Entendu". On this one, there is a lot more of eerie-sounding guitars in the background which, even though they may may make their sound a bit softer, it enhances the listening experience and creates a very unique atmosphere. Another great thing is the juxtaposition of the soft strums during the verse and the loud, simple, yet solid, riffs that come out in front on the choruses. A pretty cool thing about the album title: lead singer Jesse conceived it during a conversation with a schizophrenic friend of his. Thus the Devil and God represent two different personalities. // 8

Lyrics: On this album, Brand New shows themselves to have grown up and evolved as artists since the last cd, both musically and lyrically. The lyrics take themes from daily life and twist them around to show bitterness towards life, but at the same time a hopeful outlook. Also, lead singer Jesse's voice has matured a lot, along with his lyricall skills, and that is very obvious to hear in this album. Jesse shows his ability to sing very soft, lullaby-like, verses and then instantly switch over to gut-wrenching shrieks that in no way compromise their originality. // 8

Overall Impression: Right now, this is one of my favorite albums. It could be becasue I'm a huge Brand New fan, but I honestly think it may be their best work to date. I didn't think so at first, but after two days of listening to it throughout, I began to love it. It is, in fact, a great album, and I honestly believe it belongs in the collection of any new rock/alternative listener. It's not too heavy, it's not too soft. My favorite track is "Degausser" and it was actually supposed to bve the first single from this album, but it was switched to "Sowing Season (Yeah)". In an interview, Jesse stated that "Degausser" was actually his favorite song to perform. Were I to lose this CD, I would rush my ass over tot he nearest music store and buy another copy, seeing as I can't really make it through my day without listening to a few tracks from it and my Brand New collection would be incomplete without it; I own all their stuff, even the split they did with Safety In Numbers. In all truth, this is an album worth checking out, even if it doesn't immediately fit into your favorite genre. For me, it could quite possibly be the album of the year, topping Senses Fail, AFI, MCR, and Rise Against. Go get it. Now. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 23, 2007

Sound: Brand New astonishes me again. They completely remaster their sound, giving it a raw effect, as if they're playing in a large concert hall. They take the sounds of both "Deja Entrendu" and "My Favourite Weapon", and mash them together to create a great album, with an emo-ish effect. The second I listened to this CD, I fell in love with it. I haven't stopped listening to it since, and my favourite songs would have to be "Handcuffs" and "The Archer's Bows Are Broken". Every song is different from the last, which creates a truly enticing experience. Look for this at your nearest store, I would strongly recommend it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are compelling, though provoking, and emotional. They blend with the music perfectly, to create a raw image that will leave a delightful feel upon your ears. The lead singers mellow dramatic voice even greater accents the depressing lyrics, as he almost speaks to the listener directly. I would most definitely give the lyriccs a ten! // 10

Overall Impression: Brand New is fantastic compared to some of the mainstream bands out there today. The fact that they dare to change their sound, truly impresses me, and truly shows they do not play to impress the crowds, but they play because they love music. I love the creativity in the songs, you may randomly hear one of them whispering some abstract phrase in the background of the song, and the pure adventurousness of it astounds me. I would definitely repurchase this CD if it were lost or stolen (if it were stolen, atleast whoever stole it had good taste). // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 15, 2007

Sound: I've been waiting for a while to review this album, been seeing whether it wears thin after a couple of hundred listens. It doesn't. If anything, it becomes even more of a masterpiece. It's completely unfair to compare TD&GARIM to Brand New's previous albums, but it's inevitable, because there's so much evolution from one to another. Deja Entendu was a band trying to realise who they were - very formulative - but you could tell that if they did a little bit of growing up they could make something amazing. On Deja Entendu, they improved by leaps and bounds, lyrically, musically, thematically ... blah, blah, blah ... you're all Brand New fans, you know what I'm talking about. The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me is the realisation of Brand New's evolution. No doubt they'll continue to mature and grow, but they've now come into their own. They've perfected the dynamic soft/loud shifts, Jesse's voice has way more range and he uses it to even more subtly devastating effects, the drumbeats are more adventurous, and the guitar ... phenomonal - perfectly suits the emotion of every song. "Sowing Season (Yeah)" starts out soft and subtle, but in classic Brand New style reaches a roaring crescendo. Vinnie Accardi completely wrote the closer "Handcuffs" and is a real credit to his talents, although it isn't quite as good as some of Brand New's previous soft songs (such as "Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis"). "You Won't Know", "Not The Sun" and "The Archer's Bows Have Broken" are the most instantly likeable. More importantly, they stay likeable. Personally, my favourite is "Limousine", although it took a few listens to realise its beauty. The beginning is slow and brooding, and a little bit hard to listen to. The chorus makes use of the tried-and-true soft/loud dynamic, and then the 2nd verse is much easier to digest, being slightly more upbeat and melodic. The bridge is what makes this song really spectacular, as Jesse uses his voice to the best of his ability to display the aching, gut-wrenching emotion of the line "I love you so much/Do me a favour babe, don't reply/Cause I can dish it out/But I cant take it" whilst Vinnie slowly builds up the guitar into a mind-blowing climax that is close to orgasmic. The one weak spot would have to be "Welcome to Bangkok", the instrumental filler, although I suppose it fulfils its purpose in comfortably bridging the gap between the 1st and 2nd parts of the album. // 9

Lyrics: A large part of Brand New's edge has always come from Jesse Lacey's amazing skill for writing deep, slightly off-centre lyrics that cut straight to the heart of the matter being written about. TD&GARIM is a continuation on that, but in an unpredictable way. As the title makes obvious, the album has a lot of content that deals with religion. Sounds bad, doesn't it? But in fact it isn't, because it's an in-depth exploration of - and, at times, a question of - spirituality. "Sowing Season" doesn't really touch on religion, but "Millstone", the 2nd track is all about it. With lyrics like "I used to sleep without a single stir/Cause I was about my father's work" and "I used to pray like God was listening/I used to make my parents proud", it's obvious Jesse isn't bible-bashing here. In fact, with lyrics such as "Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not afraid to die/But I'm a little bit scared of what comes after" (plus the entire last verse), Track 3 "Jesus Christ" asks some good questions about accepted Christian principles such as the immortality of the soul. Even songs that revolve around love and relationships or loneliness and disappointment, such as "Degausser" and "Limousine", are haunted by theology ("When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?/Will he feel a little Old Testament?/And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone?/Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning" for the former; "In the choir, I saw our sad Messiah/He was bored and tired of my laments/He said 'I died for you one time, but never again'" for the latter). Meanwhile "Archer's..." blatantly criticises the hypocrises of religion, with lyrics like "Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?/Do you believe in anything?/Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?", "While you're beating with a book/everyone that book tells you to love", and "Cause the God i believe in never worked on a campaign trail". It's all very serious stuff, but Jesse handles it with his trademark sarcasm and acerbic wit. However, the quirky kind of lyrics dealing very poetically with slightly disturbing topics (as found on "Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades" and "Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis") are laregly absent, although "Handcuffs" does display a darker side ("I'd drown all these crying babies/If I knew that their mothers wouldn't cry/I'd lower them down and squeeze real soft/And let a piece of myself die"). TD&GARIM and its deep musings on love, relationships, loneliness, religion, penitence, regret, fear, vulnerability and (as always) bitterness consolidate Jesse Lacey's position as one of modern rock's best lyricists. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is the kind that is an instant alternative classic. Not everyone will get it and, although it has the potential to, I doubt it'll really hit the mainstream in a big way. But it will be influential to many, many people and countless bands will try to emulate the sound only to fail. Brand New have one of those undefinable qualities that set them apart. The development of their sound on TD&GARIM is an exhilirating journey, despite its few (insignificant) flaws. It better not take another three years for them to release the next album, because I already can't wait. // 9

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: bleevo, on november 28, 2006

Sound: If you have listened to the first to albums released by Brand New (Your Favorite Weapon and Deja Entendu) you can tell that the band matured and there content in songs changed. In The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, they again show more maturity and different content in there songs. You see the change from a more punk group of kids singing about highschool and love and friendship, to a band singing about losses of loved ones, sex, the music industry and so forth and then there latest album portrays a lot of religious struggles. Instrument wise, the band went from the simple guitar riffs and acoustic songs and more of a punk rock feel to more recently a more dramatic sound a deeper sound from the drums, slower songs that seem to try to have more impact. In Degausser you hear a choir like anthem and then jesse in the background, it's an awesome sound and the entire CD has something new that Brand New has never done. // 10

Lyrics: Like always Jesse Lacey shows that he is one of the best in the business when it comes to lyrics. He has never been scared to portray how he feels. On track #1 he starts off with "I'm losing all my freinds, Just losing them to drinking and to driving" towards the end he yells "I'm not your friend, I'm just a man who knows how to feel, I'm not your friend, I'm not your lover, I'm not your family, yeah!" After that you have to songs that start to jump into religion..in milestone he says "I used to sleep without a single stir, cause I was about my fathers work" and in track #3 Jesus Christ he continues to show that he believes but it's hard an awesome line in the song is "Jesus Christ I'm alone again what did you do those three days you dead cause this problems gonna last more then the weekend." After two albums Jesse shows he still has it, he and the band as well have shown that they can change and yet never change. If songs in the earlier CD's moved you then you wont be dissapointed here. // 10

Overall Impression: It's hard to say anyhting is better then Deja Entendu but honestly these two albums are different and I love this new CD and I will say it's as good if not better then most albums out there. You just have to like the style, but go out and buy it and I gaurantee you'll love it, maybe get Brand New's first two albums and then this one, actually you must do that because if you don't have there first two then that's your first problem there. Right now my favorite songs on it are really the first 6 on the CD, there are just awesome songs with there own great qualities, and one song that is really growing on me is handcuffs, I especially like it because the whole thing was written by Vince Accardi who gets under appreciated and Jesse's voice in it is awesome. I hope everyone goes out and buys this CD and forms there own oppinion. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 15, 2007

Sound: Deja Entenu in 2003/04 shot Brand New into the rankings of todays premire bands. I did question wether their next album would be a sell out or another masterpiece. Not only is this a masterpiece but it might as well be the best album I bought in 2006. Brand New with this album show's somehow any even more mature sound then Deja and that was pretty intense itself. You can see from the Sowing Season on this album was worht the 2 and a half year wait. The album is dedicated to 15 people who perished during this albums recording and the album really centers around issues of love, death, power, and religon. It is very sombering and the more you listen the more you get hooked. Musicaly it's easily the most creative of all the albums, the drum line is very different in much of the songs highlighted by the song The Archers Bows Have Broken. The guitar work is really addicted you'll probably find yourself humming the guitar part from Jesus another song which Brand New uses a mellow musical element on this album to progress the song. // 10

Lyrics: Jesse ranks as one of the best lyrcial writers in music today and in rock they may be no comparison. His masterpiece on Devil And God may is easily Jesus. The creativity in every song though is overwhellming. The Archers Bows Have Broken will get in your head and never leave. Jesse's voice rang on this may be the best out of any of the Brand New Albums, and even though a lot of the time his voice has a very somber feel, he picks it up and in the right parts hits the right high notes needed for the song. // 10

Overall Impression: Deja was a major step away from the more happy energenic sound of your favorite weapon and it showed a much more mature Brand New. Devil And God is an even more mature and very unique album. It really is a unique album, it seems as though Brand New was locked in a house in Long Island on a rainy day and started writing the album. Very underground for a band in mainstream which add a very different element to the music. The highlight songs from the album are Millstone, Jesus, You Wont Know, and The Archers Bows Have broken, but each song really fits in on it's own. You'll find yourself listening to the CD more and more it's just that unique. Once again Brand New has managed to impress again, easily there best album. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: leezer, on january 17, 2007

Sound: This album is a departure from both the previous albums. If you only hear this album you would assume that Brand New were a certain type of band but if you hear "Your Favorite Weapon" and "Deja Entendu" you will have a broader view of Brand New. The album kicks in with Sowing Season and when you hear this song you will notice that it doesn't have the funky sound of some of the tracks on Deja Entendu but it is distinctively Brand New. You cannot say that this record has one partiular style, it's easy to say alt/rock but that doesn't explain what this album actually is, acoustic-somber then fading into heavy alt-rock. Track 4 "degausser" has a haunting feel about it and the fluid guitar just seems like it is meant to be; with a seeming choir of angels joining Brand New for the chorus, listen and you will know what I mean. What defines this album is the change from quiet to loud and light to heavy that happens on many of the song, most notably "Luca" which in my opinion is a weak track up unto the end, listen and you will see what I mean. There is a track on this album called Welcome To Bangkok which is totally instrumental and when I first heard it I didn't like it but it has really grown on me to the point where I think lyrics would spoil the beauty of the song. // 9

Lyrics: In my opinion, Brand New are the best band, lyrically, in the world at the minute. Jesse's words come out and flow, not necessarily rhyming but just seeming like he chose the right words. Track 5 "limousine" seemed to bore me but then I listened again to the lyrics and the part where jesse breaks in with "hey my beauty supreme" and it made me want to write about the beauty of the track, however you should also find out what this track is about! I could honestly write pages and pages on the lyrics. Go to a lyrics page and while you are listening to Limousine read them, you will understand what I mean. It's clear that the band is very ambiguous about lyrics in this album and it has sparked debate among fans as to what the songs mean but this is because Brand New has become an even more layered band than they used to be, things seemed to be more spelled out on My Favorite Weapon. // 10

Overall Impression: Brand New are very distinctive, the closest band to them lyrically I would say would is taking back sunday and althought TBS seem to be more successfully without a doubt Brand New are the more accomplished band, I heard that Jesse the lead singer of Brand New used to be in TBS, but I think he is now in the better band. The best song in my opinion on this album is "You Won't Know" This album isn't as good as Deja Entendu but to compare them isn't fair, they are 2 totally different pieces of art, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me is still about break-ups and girls but it's also a lot deeper than that musically and lyrically. If I lost this album I'd write a song to explain my anguish and become a musician just so I could convey the unsung heroes of Brand New and their fantastic cd. I love this album, there's nothing I would change about it even thought I know it isnt perfect, it's imperfections are beautiful. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2007

Sound: Brand News newest CD is something brand new itself. Nothing like I'd expect from them. the sound of this album is a clear sign that they have matured, you can tell by the mysic alone. The sounds of this album are by far some of the best I've heard coming from them, or any band I'd lable within the same genre that they are. The "emo" that they were slapped with back when "Your Favorite Weapon" came out. The bass line in not the sun (bass intro) is a mandatory. Each Brand New album has one. The most famous would have to be "Sic Transit Gloria". Their sound is unique, it's done by a lot of bands. but only they can pull it off. // 3

Lyrics: Jesse Laceys lyrical genuius is the backbone, body, and heart behind Brand New. His wording is so obvious, simple, yet never thought of before or always taken for granted. With songs like Millstone, Jesus Christ, and Sowing Season; you can tell exactly what he feels when he writes it. The best song by far is Degausser. "Take apart your head, take apart the demon up in the attic to the left" is pure amazing. the childrens voices on the song give me a small reminder to Pink Floyds "The Wall". the reason I always have liked his music is because if you were a friend of his and something happened and he happened to write a small one liner about it in a song, you'd know exactly what he meant. Also the backing lyrics Vinnie does, period, in anysong. Could be an amazing song all by itself. Well Luca is, that's all written by Vinnie and it's my seconf fave on the new CD. // 5

Overall Impression: This CD shouldn't be compared to the older CDs. This is a whole new side to them. but if I was to compare it to anything, it would be a mix of "okay I believe you but my tommy gun don't" and a lot of the slower stuff they've done. I wouldn't know what bands to compare it to. Since they are their own idea, nothing like anyone else. And I love that itself. Well my CD did get stolen, and I bought another one. // 9

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: SkateNDestroy39, on october 04, 2007

Sound: This CD is really really different from Your Favorite Weapon and Deja Entendu. They sound a lot more mature. Especially compared to the punk-pop sound of Your Favorite Weapon. You can tell they recorded this in an empty music hall. It sounds hollow and a little flat. Almost dreamlike. I also believe that on this CD, they've learned how to deliver real emotion into their music. The yells in Sowing Season and the low, almost whisper in Limousine are examples of this. // 10

Lyrics: At first, I missed the way that the singers would always harmonize perfectly with eachother in their earlier albums. The more and more I listened to The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, however, the more I liked the singing in this new album. Like I said, they really deliver emotion on this one. On "The Archers Arrows Have Broken," Jesse's voice sounds really mature and straightforward. At least, that's what I think. The vocals are different on this CD, but in a good way. As for the lyrics, they have less to do with relationships and more with religion. In a lot of the songs, it sounds as though they are struggling with religious issues. It sounds as though they want to believe in God, but they're hesitant to. There are lines like "Jesus Christ I'm not scared to die, I'm a little bit scared of what comes after (Jesus Christ)," and "When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne? Will he feel a little old testament? And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone? Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning (Degausser)," that make it obvious that they are struggling spiritually. The title of the album itself gives it away. // 10

Overall Impression: I got this song last winter and I used to listen to it and watch the snow. It has a very Winter-y feel to it. Does that make any sense? like, the hollow echo-y sound of the album reminds of the dead of winter. Like snow and bare branches and stuff like that. My favorite songs of the album are Luca, Limousine, Sowing Season, You Won't Know, and The Archers Arrows Have Broken. Luca is definitely my favorite, though. Especially during the bridge. It's the way that all the instruments give way to the acoustic guitar and the soft singing. The lyrics about being at the bottom of the ocean add to that sense of being totally alone. I'm so excited to see where they go next. Who knows, maybe they'll be like Radiohead and turn to electronica for the next CD. // 10

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2007

Sound: In this lifetime you hear about musicians with an incredible ability to amaze people. In the year 2002 I heard the most extraordinary band out there, and they are Brand New. they amaze me in every single way possible. The devil and god are raging inside me is such a good CD and brand new did a great job on it for making there fans wait abotu 3 years before realesing it. They are truley a band I look up to and they inspire me I have and wil always be a true fanunlike other bands for instance Fall Out Boy I had so much respect for them and when thry soldo ut my respect for them went down the drain. I know htat no matter how popular brand new gets they will never sell out because htey are true and they are always oging to be true especially to there original fans. // 10

Lyrics: There is much to say abotu the lyrics of brand new they have the most incredible lyrics out there! No doubt about it I can go on for hours tlaking aobut how great and inspiring there lyrics are. I have fallen in love with the way they sing. They have the most incredible lyrics out there, they have amazed me in every single way possible form the 1st album to the last. There lyrics have these powerful meanings that are like puzzles. The way they describe things and events in such a metaphorical way is the main reason that makes me get such anticipation to hear more and more from them. They have that power to make you want more from just hearing the beat of the music. They are inspiring to everyone who has an open mind and an open heart. Brand New gets me through tough times when I need a boost in confidence, they are always one click away all I have to do is press play. I atruley love all there songs! // 10

Overall Impression: brand news albums does not compare to anybobys other album. I mean yeah there are some super great bands out there but htey are missing such a big quality in there albums, but brand new has that quality. There is to mcu hsongs that they have created that it is too muich I mean seriously toooo much to type and describe. There is absoultuy nothing to hate about brand new and there albums excpet that they shoudl tour more towards the inland empire in cali. Other than that Brand New is the best band otu there and has the best albums out there! If my CDs got lost or stolen I would go out and rebuy them and if they were osld out I would go on the internet and check to see if there on sale on there. // 10

More Brand New reviews rating latest review