Breed 77 Review

9.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Breed 77 Reviewed by: Stevie B, on may 13, 2006

Sound: This band sounds quite like Ill Nino with Spanish tinged metal and a mixture of Spanish and English lyrics. Screamed lyrics mixed with harsh guitar riffs showcase the heavier side of them but they also have a softer side with spanish acoustic guitar. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics can be quite strange at times and speak a lot of pain and suffering as well as equality and karma. Most songs have quite a lot of meaning but sometimes the lyrics just dont seem to make sense. The lyricist has a good voice and adds a Spanish influence to the music. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the only Breed 77 album that I have and I think it is a very good one. I think this band is better than Ill Nino who are the only other band I know of this particular style. The most impressive songs on the album are Shadows, with an amazing yet simple riff, and Rise, again with great riffs but very heavy. I love the stop start heavy soft feel of it as well as the great riffs and mixture of vocals they use. If it was stolen or lost I would get this album again. // 9

Comments