Here Come The Brides Review

brides of destruction: Here Come The Brides
Released: Mar 9, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Post-Grunge
The collaboration between Sixx and Guns should make Here Come the Brides noteworthy to their fans, while casual metal listeners will look to the glut of heavy riffing and dedication.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 8.2
 8.7
 7.6
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Here Come The Brides Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 25, 2005

Sound: Considering the incredible lineup of the band, (Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx, LA Guns guitarist Tracii Guns, drummer Scot Coogan with a resume to lenghty to list here, and talented newcomer London LeGrand on vocals), it surprises me that the Brides' debut CD slipped into stores so quietly. Ironically enough, when you pop this disc into your stereo, it'll be anything but quiet. The opening track, "Shut The Fuck Up", will assault your eardrums like any good metal song should. The pace is kept fairly well throughout the entire disc, slowing down only periodically for us to peel our collective jaws off of the floor. Nikki Sixx absolutely wails on his bass, and LeGrand's vocal skills never disappoint. Honestly, this record raises some serious hell. Loud and slammed over the head with hard rock 'tude, the songs remain catchy enough to stick in your head for days and days. // 10

Lyrics: I like to think that Sixx's songwrting skills have only improved since his Crue days, and with the backup of experianced bandmates, the lyrics are pretty solid. The chorus to "I've Got A Gun" becomes a bit repetitive, but gives LeGrand a good vocal workout, showcasing both his ability to carry a tune and his screamer skills which no metal vocalist should be without. Overall, not half bad. These lyrics drip with attitude, as moody and melodic as ever. // 8

Overall Impression: Despite the many elements that former members of successful bands are likely to bring to the music, this supergroup manages to achieve a sound detached from both the Crue and LA Guns, and still has put together a wicked record. Even if this cd were to break, the swaggering "Natural Born Killer" would never really leave my head. Although a bit slower than most of the album, that track has to be one of the coolest Brides' songs. The only thing I really have to complain about is the disappointing 9 track count. Nine songs for twenty bucks! Well unless you're lucky like me, and get a discount. Still, I'd buy it again if it were to mysteriously disappear, even without the discount. There were be a lot of pouting involved, though. // 10

Here Come The Brides Reviewed by: Rockstar112, on january 05, 2008

Sound: Nikki Sixx's new band Brides of Destruction debuts with this bash em out album that is a mixture of hard rock and punk. With catchy riffs and shred-tastic solos it's a great listen. The album was made while Motley Crue was in a hiatus. Nikki Sixx later left before their next album was made. Some highlights of the CD include: "I Don't Care", "Natural Born Killers", and "Shut The F--k Up". // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics, though pretty good aren't anything really unique. The lyrics fit the music and the band and the songs are definitely good. The singer of the band is London LeGrand and he has a wide range he can sing and he does it well. Overall the band write good songs but unfortunately they don't stand out much lyrically. // 7

Overall Impression: Brides of Destruction's debut album in my opinion is very good. They deliver hard rock that has been shown by few artist in years and they do it well. The songs that impress me the most are "I Don't Care", "Shut The F--k Up", and "Natural Born Killers". This CD is a great addition to my collection and I would quickly re-purchase it if it were ever misplaced. // 9

More Brides Of Destruction reviews rating latest review