Songs Of Ireland Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Songs Of Ireland Reviewed by: Josh D., on january 17, 2012

Sound: This is a very unique band, and there are only two members. They started off playing at Renaissance Faires and the like. One plays a mandolin, and the other an auto-harp. They play a lot of the more traditional Irish songs you have probably heard of, but they add their own little twists to them. Also, they have their own songs. Have loved these guys since I first heard their version of "The Rocky Road To Dublin". // 8

Lyrics: Their lyrics are not entirely their own, as they sing some more traditional Irish/Celtic songs, but they add some lyrics not in the originals. The singers level might not be the best, but they do a good enough job to keep me interested. And they have a very comedic undertone with their songs. // 10

Overall Impression: I have to say hands down, "The Rocky Road To Dublin" is my favorite song from this album. They have some original songs on here as well, and they are funny. I love the comedic value they add to the songs, and of course, I love the Irish sounds. I would recommend this album to others, and have actually bought copies for some close friends. For an otherwise, unheard of band. They have impressed me a great deal. // 10

Comments