Accident Of Birth Review

bruce dickinson: Accident Of Birth
Released: Jun 3, 1997
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal
album is better than many latter-day Maiden efforts, and though the songwriting is occasionally uneven, the best moments (including "Man of Sorrows") make it an intriguing album.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Accident Of Birth Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 06, 2004

Sound: Bruce Dicksinson left Iron Maiden and started a solo career. In my opinion his solo career started quite bad, with Balls To Picasso, Tatooed Millioanre or Skunkworks, but when Accident Of Birth was released I was surprised. Such a perfect album compared with any earlyer cd by Dickinson. The sound is incredible, of course there are songs with less good sound and music but nothing is perfect. Bruce wrote about himself in Man Of Sorrows track 7, his childhood wad very sad. Accident Of Birth has a heavier sound than for example Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (Iron Maiden) but it's still great. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are good, very good. they match with the music quite well and you get a nice feeling when listening to it. Bruce Dickinson leads vocals in his solo band as well as in iron maiden. He is simply fantastic, a god in singing. His high notes are world known, (his nickname is really the "Air Raid Siren") but he can sing very calmly too. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that Accident Of Birth can be compared only with high quality music. It's too good to be compared with hip hop or rap IMO. It's very close to beat Metallicas Ride The Lightning, but I cant decide wich one I like more. My favorite songs are the Dark Side Of Aquarius, Omega, Accident Of Birth and the single Road To Hell. What I love with this album is the perfect vocals by Bruce and Adrians guitar playing. There is simply nothing to hate with this album, if I would loose it I would definitely buy one more! // 10

More Bruce Dickinson reviews rating latest review