18 Til I Die Review

bryan adams: 18 Til I Die
Release Date: Jun 1996
Label: A&M
Genres: Adult Contemporary, Pop/Rock, Album Rock, Arena Rock
In the hands of someone else, a title like "18 Til I Die" may sound like a midlife crisis, but with Adams it's a testament to his die-hard, youthful spirit.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
18 Til I Die Reviewed by: bass1991guitar, on november 27, 2006

Sound: This album is 10 years old now, but it still sounds as if it was recorded yesturday. I suppose you could say that it's an album that will never age, in sound or in popularity. There is some great riffs on here, all of them wrote with sublime care. The production of the sound is alsodetailed to the, semibreve? Anyway, the sound is great, that is what I mean to say. // 10

Lyrics: There is some fantastic lyrics in this (especially in The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You). They arn't just well written, either. Adams carries them out in his songs with the precise skill in which he always does. All of the song lyrics (as far as I know) are written by Bryan Adams, which is a plus for me, as I tend to dislike bands that don't write or play their own material (not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think that it's lazy). They could be improved in some areas, but, then again, can't all lyrics? // 10

Overall Impression: Until I heard this album, I was never a fan of Bryan Adams, but as soon as I heard this I knew why people got so worked up about him. He is a master, of both guitar and vocals. Anyone who (like in one of my previous reveiws) rips him, saying that he is rubbish, deserves to be shot. I like him and his music. The matter of fact is that, like him or not, he is an infuencial, musical genius. // 10

More Bryan Adams reviews rating latest review