Bucketheadland 2 Review

buckethead: Bucketheadland 2
Release Date: Oct 13, 2003
Label: ION
Genres: Avant-garde metal
Bucketheadland 2 is Buckethead's tenth studio album. Released in 2003, Bucketheadland 2 is the sequel to Buckethead's first album, Bucketheadland, a concept album about a fictional 'abusement park'.
 Lyrics: 5.5
 8.2
 6.8
 9.5
Bucketheadland 2 Reviewed by: Nirvana6722, on august 25, 2008

Sound: Buckethead is definitely one of the most experimental guitarists I have ever heard of. Bucketheadland 2 is a sequel to the other Bucketheadland album. It is the tenth studio album by Buckethead. It is based around the concept of an "abusement park" called Bucketheadland. There are 30 tracks on the cd. While there are many tracks of Buckethead himself just talking about headcheese, beheading, or the slaughter house, there are also many that follow the usual Buckethead style. Tracks such as "Two Pints" is Buckethead taking the roll of a little boy who wants his parents to buy him "head cheese." Like I said, Buckethead is experimental with this album. One minute you could be listening to an insane guitar solo then the next you could hear him ranting on about beheading people all in the same song. So overall, I wouldn't recommend it just for listening, but if your looking for some good solos to try to play you'll have to dig to find them. // 6

Lyrics: As everyone knows Buckethead does not do much singing. He did not sing on this album, but he does talk very much. I would say most of the 30 second clips of him ranting just contributes to the concept of the album. So, there is no real "lyrics" I guess. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall, the album is ok when it comes to your regular instrumental guitar songs. There is just so much other tracks that just weight down what is actually good on the album. If your looking at the concept point of view, I guess it would be a very good album. The clips of him talking are very boring and just do not attract much attention. As far as guitar solos go, the best song on Bucketheadland 2 would probably be "Carpal Tunnel Tomb Torker." I really enjoyed all of the guitar solos because Buckethead is a very good technical guitarist plus he can shred at hyper speed. I didn't like all of the voice tracks that are like 30 seconds to a minute long because it just weighted down the rest of the cd. If I lost it, I probably would not put up the $10.00(US) dollars I put up for it. So, overall it is not a bad cd, but it is not that great either. // 6

Bucketheadland 2 Reviewed by: grizzlyadams13, on july 11, 2011

Sound: The sound is great except a few things that sound like a cassette tape recording. This album is the second part of a concept amusement/Abusement park so there are some pretty out there things like baritone guitar, songs from a phyco killer, and random announcements. Also there's plenty of shred and to hand tap on guitar. The sound quality over all is great. // 8

Lyrics: There are few lyrics but when there are you are treated to some very interesting things. The main vocalist is this dude called Albert a homicidal guy that works in the slaughter house. This CD also includes some Bootsy Collins. Also there's random announcements with Throat Rake. // 7

Overall Impression: This is another great album by the Big-B, I can't really compare it to some one else because its so unique. The most impressive songs are probably "Can You Help Me?", "Frozen Brains Tell On Tails", "Digger's Den", "The Corpse Plower", and "The Cobra's Hood". What I love a bought this CD is it gives you freedom to make a theme park from what you here. And there's not much to hate a bought it. If this were stolen or lost I would probably get the firs one to see how they compare but eventually get this one back also. // 10

More Buckethead reviews rating latest review
+ Electric Tears 9.7 05/06/2014