Electric Tears Review

buckethead: Electric Tears
Released: Oct 8, 2002
Genre: Experimental, ambient
Label: Meta
It is considered one of his most calming albums to date, and features Buckethead on acoustic and electric guitars only, no additional instruments are present.
 9.7
 9.8
 9.5
Electric Tears Reviewed by: Nirvana6722, on september 10, 2008

Sound: This is by far Buckethead's softest albums. Electric tears is Buckethead's ninth studio album. They're are only two instruments played during the entire album and that is Buckethead on acoustic and electric guitar, not to mention the cool sound effects. This album can be described as a masterpiece by Buckethead. He wrote and composed all but one song. That song was "Sketches of Spain." The aura of the album is mystifying with such titles as "Padmasana" and "Witches on the Heath." It paints a perfect picture but that picture is distorted and you don't know what it is. There is always a backtrack that usually is acoustic while Buckethead solos with the electric. Generally all of the tracks share that format. Buckethead's talent as a writer and a composer and even a producer from this album shine through on all of the tracks. // 9

Lyrics: As most people know, Buckethead is not a lyricist nor does he really sing. He is a guitar player and most of his stuff is instrumental. Although, there have been some albums such as Bucketheadland 2 where he will sing, but it's often just for humor. This album is completely instrumental and has no lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I had a friend who told me once that this was the perfect album to listen to while strung out. So, I'll go with that. Electric Tears is one of my favorite Buckethead albums. Compared to his other stuff, this is very different. It is very soft and it is very bluesy. The guitar is always weeping. It just has an eerie sound to it, but it's calming. Very, very weird what music can do. My two favorite songs on the album were "Witches on the Heath" and "The Way to Heaven." So check those out if you get the album. If I were to lose the album, I would definitely buy it again. Overall, It is a very good album. I would recommend getting it. // 9

Electric Tears Reviewed by: ch153, on march 02, 2009

Sound: The impression I get from listening to this album is, "Time to sleep". This album is very soft music. I'm not sure if there's a story behind this album... But it's Buckethead... Is there a need for a story... !? There is one thing I would like to share... This album is awesome! // 10

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics is... These are the best lyrics ever. There could not be another album that sounds so great without lyrics than this one! Compliance of the lyrics... Huh? No lyrics here. Buckethead probably has some sort of singing skill... It's just not made public. (Obviously) // 10

Overall Impression: This album compares to Buckethead's "Colma" album. They have similarites. Some of the most impressive songs from this album inclued: The Way to Heaven, Padmusana, Spell of the Gypsies, Mustang, and Electric Tears. I love everything about this album. I sleep listening to it! (Seriously) There really isnt anything to hate about this album. If this was stolen. I would defidentally buy it again! // 10

Electric Tears Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 14, 2011

Sound: First of all I am making this review as a simple listener. I believe this is one of the softest albums if not the most soft album of Buckethead. Nonetheless the sound of this album is extraordinary the sound of it makes you feel things you never knew they were there. All tracks have been composed and performed by Buckethead exept "Sketches of Spain" which is actually Buckethead's version of orchestral piece named "Concierto de Aranjuez". In this album there no drums or other instruments than an acoustic guitar and an electric with loads of effect that give that mezmerising effect. I believe this album is suited for the moments were you want to be by yourself and relax. // 10

Lyrics: Well lyrics would be useless here because the music itself talks to you giving you images from other worlds. The guitar itself tell stories that no word could possible describe! // 10

Overall Impression: This album could maybe be compared to some post rock albums like "This will Destroy You" I can't think of any other guitar based music. In my opinion all of the songs are impressive although my personal favorites are "Witches on the Heath" "Sketches of Spain" and "Spell of The Gypsies". Everything in this album brings happiness to my ears! I can't find something negative. If it were stolen or lost I would DEFINITELY buy it again, its an all time classic. // 10

More Buckethead reviews rating latest review
+ Electric Sea 9.4 07/31/2012