Population Override Review

buckethead: Population Override
Released: Mar 30, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Instrumental Rock, Guitar Virtuoso, Funk, Funk Metal
This is Buckethead's most consistent, enjoyable work, with great playing and almost none of the flash he has displayed on previous releases.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
Population Override Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 24, 2005

Sound: The sound on this record is pretty incredible. Though not like previous stuff where he's shredding uncontrollably. This album is alot more mellow and bluesy, you can he puts alot of feeling into his playing. Another cool thing I found out was that he does the bass on the album as well. It isn't really outstanding, but the two mesh well. Also Pinchface does some great drumming and Travis Dickerson has some awesome trippy keyboard parts. // 10

Lyrics: None, which is good because I think any kind of vocalization would only take away from the music. // 10

Overall Impression: When I bought this album I was expecting the regular insane shredding that buckethead is associated with. However, when I gave it a listen I found a more pink floyd/blues/altogether pretty unique collection of songs. The great thing about buckethead is the diversity between albums. This one especially is good whether you're already a huge fan of buckethead, or you've heard he was good so you want to check it out. If this album was taken from me I would ask God why, cry and piss myself, write anonymous leters to major media oulets, break into a random house in my neighborhood, then cry and piss myself in there. // 10

More Buckethead reviews rating latest review
+ Electric Tears 9.7 05/06/2014