You In Reverse Review

built to spill: You In Reverse
Release Date: Apr 11, 2006
Label: Warner Bros.
Genres: Indie Rock
It is one of Built To Spill's strongest efforts, and anyone who has followed their career knows that this is high praise indeed.
 8.3
 9.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
You In Reverse Reviewed by: karlh07, on june 06, 2006

Sound: This album was particularly upbeat, at least more so than Perfect From Now On. The music itself was fantastic, with lots of grabbing guitar lines. The lead guitar melodies seemed to tell a story, meshing perfectly with the rhythm and backing melodies. Some parts, however, did seem to be a bit repetitive. Namely, the song "Liar." Other songs, such as "Wherever You Go" made good use of the few effects used in this album. // 8

Lyrics: I think that this album contains some of Doug Martsch's best lyrics to date. A lot of subtle clever bits woven in with the music. I think that some of the songs, again, "Liar", did not have the best lyrics possible. It was quite repetitive at at times. // 8

Overall Impression: You In Reverse is positively my favorite Built to Spill album yet. "Wherever You Go" and "Mess With Time" are my two picks for best song, in an album that is fairly consistant with having all around good songs. // 9

More Built To Spill reviews rating latest review