Hand Of Blood Review

bullet for my valentine: Hand Of Blood
Release Date: Aug 23, 2005
Label: Trustkill
Genres: Thrash, Alternative Metal
They've discovered the power of the riff, and they've got the balls and the bravado to see that no one soon forgets it.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 8.9
 8.8
Hand Of Blood Reviewed by: Snuffles, on may 14, 2007

Sound: In Hand Of Blood they have a great tone, but it takes some getting used to. They have awesome guitarists that can do awesome solos. The singing is great but maght take a little bit of getting use to because of the screaming. But they olny scream at some parts. They have a lot of great songs, but the thing that I like most abput Bullet For My Valentine is the guitar. They have a very talented guitarist. They are a great band. // 8

Lyrics: Their lyrics are good, but when they scream it's hard to understand but it still sounds good and when they do scream it always goes good with the music. When they don't they sound just as good or better. They have great flow and they don't come on really strong with a lot of distorted screaming. It sounds good though because they have great words to match great background music. It all comes together as one great sounding CD. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a great CD. Lots of great guitar solos, intros and chorus's. The best song is Hand Of Blood, it starts with a awesome intro and carries on to some great singing and then there's a really great solo. There other songs are great to. This is their best CD. The one problem with this CD is that I really wish that there were more songs because Bullet For My Valentine is such a great band. It was worth buying the CD. Bullet For My Valentine truly is a great band. // 8

Hand Of Blood Reviewed by: obey_yourmaster, on august 05, 2006

Sound: Great sound. They fit in perfectly with the metalcore genre. There is a healthy combination of singing and screaming, and enough solos to keep you satisfied for a week. The guitar is harmonized in almost all of the songs on this six-song CD. The songs aren't too long, or too short. They're just long enough so you won't much more, but they're not so long that you get bored of them. Here's a brief review of each song: 01. 4 Words (To Choke Upon) - shows the talent of everyone in the band. The drumming is crazy, the guitar is fast-paced, the singing goes from singing to screaming suddenly, and the bass keeps up with everyone excellently. 02. Hand Of Blood - great song. The intro scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it (as it fades in). But nonetheless my favorite song on this CD, and not disappointing. 03. Cries In Vain - very bubbly clean intro, until the distortion comes in. I haven't been able to mimic the bubbliness of the intro yet. Changes moods suddenly, and always keeps you guessing. 04. Curses - clean in the begining, but changes suddenly with powerful distorted chords at 1:22. Gotta love this song. 05. No Control - the heaviest song on this short CD. However, it confuses me when there is sining in the background, but screaming over that. But it's very cool nonetheless. 06. Just Another Star - very cool harmonized intro. It then goes into a rap/screaming verse, followed by "Jump, jump, jump, jump!" I'd love to see this song live, and see how pumped the crowd is when they do this song. Another one of my favorites on this CD. // 10

Lyrics: Very well thought out lyrics, and can apply to everyone's life at one point or another. Such as these lyrics from Curses: "If you saw the world through my eyes, then you wouldn't feel so high-rise". No Control seems to be about an abusive husband, "I scream into your face until my veins are bursting through, I have no control". Just Another Star has excellent lyrics, none of which I can understand. Hand of Blood is about regret for killing a girlfriend/wife, "There goes my Valentine again, soaked in red for what she said, oh my god have I done it again?" Cries In Vain is about cries being in vain. 4 Words (To Choke Upon) is about these four words: "Look at me now!" I haven't quite figured out what this song is about, but it's definetely about those four words. The singing is great, and the screaming isn't senseless, you can actually understand what the screaming is. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought this because it was the only one by Bullet For My Valentine in the store at the time, and it was only $7. Comparing them to other metalcore bands, they rank high. They combine singing and screaming, where as other bands (such as Trivium) just scream all the time. I loved the songs "Hand Of Blood" and "Just Another Star". In my opinion, they are the best songs on the CD. I have (after buying this) decided to purchase The Poison by Bullet For My Valentine, and now I wish I would have bought The Poison first. But a great thing about buying this is that it has about three songs that aren't on The Poison. I would strongly recommend buying at least "Hand of Blood" and "Just Another Star". But as far as the "bang for your buck" goes. I listen to all the tracks repeatedly, but I could have gotten it cheaper on iTunes. // 8

Hand Of Blood Reviewed by: BFMV_OWN, on october 02, 2007

Sound: The music is great. There heavy metal guitars, lightning fast drums, and killer vocals make this band not just a band but a kick ass band! It starts out with '4 words(To Choke Upon)' a song with great vocals, a fast solo, and awesome backing vocals done by Jay, the bassist, and Padge, their lead guitarist. Next is the title track 'Hand Of Blood' which is easily the best song on the album. 'No Control' is the hardest, heaviest, and meanest song on the EP, while 'Curses' is the softest. 'Cries In Vain' and 'Just Another Star' are other favorites, with amazing choruses and awesome guitars. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great, all about different things. 'Hand Of Blood' being about killing his girlfriend, and '4 Words (To Choke Upon)' about bullying and someone commiting suicide because of it. The compliance of the lyrics with the music is simply amazing and it's wonderous how they do it. The singer's skills are great with the perfect tone in every song and loud screams can also be heard. // 9

Overall Impression: It's a great album and compares to many other metal artist well. BFMV is definitely on it's way. The best songs of the EP are '4 Words (To Choke Upon), 'Hand Of Blood', 'Cries In Vain', and 'Just Another Star'. I love the backing vocals, or backing screams. I also love the lightning fast guitars and drums. It is a great EP and I would no doubt buy it again if it were lost. // 9

More Bullet For My Valentine reviews rating latest review