In The Mouth Of The Young Review

bullets and octane: In The Mouth Of The Young
Release Date: Apr 11, 2006
Label: RCA
Genres: Punk Revival, Alternative Pop/Rock, Alternative Metal
Bullets And Octane make the most of their leap to a major label on In The Mouth Of The Young.
 8.3
 8.7
 7.9
In The Mouth Of The Young Reviewed by: sk8adioforlife, on april 13, 2006

Sound: Man, these guys are great, their drummer is amazing, their guitarist is amzing though I don't feel much for the singer. He needs to be more heavy metal. What I love about the guitarist in this band is in any second he will just breakdown and play an awesome solo. The drummer is like in its own world and it doesn't match the singers voice or the guitar but it still goes with the song somehow. The singer is like a cross from Nickelback and The Bled. The bass is hard to notice but if you listen, it plays a lot in the begging and the end never in the middle that much though. Altogether they sound like Avenged Sevenfold but better. You sholud listen to them. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are normal, the singer goes in and out of rock and metal thought so it's a little different that's mostly why I like it. They sing about mostly life and things in that nature. Save Me Sorrow is the best song in my view. The lyrics sound a lot like Hinder's lyrics which there alright. // 6

Overall Impression: I love them and any one who likes Hinder, Avanged Sevenfold and Nickelback would. The Disease is a very impressive song because it starts out with a solo and it goes backwards, any band that can do that is a good band. I would have to think about buying this CD again if it got stolen. I probably wouldn't because they're a band you can get sick of. I hate that the singer sings like Nickelback but I love the sound of the instruments and how they sound heavy metal. // 9

In The Mouth Of The Young Reviewed by: Ed Wise, on september 27, 2006

Sound: The whole albume is quick and up-beat. With 'Bathroom Floor' being the closest to a ballad this band get. Generaly Bullets and Octane sound similar to Avenged Sevenfold but without some of the lengthy guitar solos. The solos there are are brilliant especialy the one in 'Queen Mirage'. By far the best riff is at the begining of 'My Disease' which is arguably one of the best riffs ever! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are all rather 'dark'. They aren't always that clear but there are a lot of catchy bits in the first three songs on the album. The singer is well suited to the style of music and I am glad to say doesn't shout all the time like Matt Heafy from Trivium. By far the best lyrics are in 'Cave In'. The chorus words being: "She's too naive for suicide but God I wish that bitch would die." // 10

Overall Impression: This is a brilliant album that you can never get sick of no matter how hard you try. Definitely worth listening to and if someone stole it off me it would be the best thing they'd ever stolen. There are a lot of feel good song with the highlights being: My Disease, Save Me Sorrow, Cave In, Queen Mirage. This album is definitley worth buying. // 10

More Bullets And Octane reviews rating latest review