Notorious Review

buried in verona: Notorious
Released: Jun 1, 2012
Genre: Metalcore
Label: UNFD
The band's sound has definitely evolved since they release "Saturday Night Fever" but they've also become very mainstream.
 Lyrics: 6.5
 7.6
 7.2
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Notorious Reviewed by: justjoshuaaa, on june 25, 2012

Sound: The band's sound has definitely evolved since they release "Saturday Night Fever" ("SNF") but they've also become very mainstream (which isn't to say they're not still amazing). The album uses a lot of metalcore riffs and breakdowns. Oh, as well as an excessive use of the word "f--k". There's nothing really outstanding about this album. It's the same old metalcore that's always been here. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are very hateful. The vocalist has definitely matured a lot since "SNF" but overall, he's still writing the same kind of lyrics. The very first lyrics heard are "If I found your burning body, I wouldn't stop to p-ss on you" If you love raspy screams then this is your album. // 3

Overall Impression: It's very similar to a lot of other bands like Confession, Attack Attack! and Your Demise. There are some songs which are weak but there are also some songs that stand out like "Couldn't Give 34 F--ks" and "LionHeart". If I had to choose between this album and something else to buy now, I'd definitely go for something else. // 5

Notorious Reviewed by: m0ther-mercy4, on august 20, 2012

Sound: The sound for "Notorious" has defiantly grown and changed since their last album, "Saturday Night Sever". They have been able to make up some catchy riffs which get stuck in your head, they have put in some intense bass and drums, which create some brutal breakdowns. Sure there are some hateful lyrics involved, but its not bullshit. Its got meaning. You can hear stories in each song. Most you can relate too. You see and just hear in both singers vocals, the emotion involved. They kept the insanity from "SNS" but have improved majorly. // 9

Lyrics: LYRICS ARE AMAZING. Too me I can relate too a lot, and when I hear it I am able to connect and feel closer to the song. They have done quite well lyrically, but too some they won't like it. There is a lot of swearing so if your not into that, then you may want to leave. Their first single "Four Years" doesn't include a breakdown, just has catchy guitars and drums, which down drain out the vocals, and with both singers screaming and singing their hearts out you just feel the emotion. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought this CD the day it came out, and it was probably the best buy for me this year. Its insane. I play it so much. Most impressive songs for me are "Lionheart", "Four Years" and "Forget What You Know". I love all aspects of the album and its just perfection! I can't find anything to hate about it, but that's just my opinion, but if you love this sort of music then you will LOVE this. // 10

Comments