And They Shall Take Up Serpents Review

Released: Jul 12, 2005
Label: Prosthetic
Genre: Rock
Styles: Death Metal/Black Metal, Thrash Metal
This album is absolutely pulverizing in the most brutal of manners.
 8.9
 9.7
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
And They Shall Take Up Serpents Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 08, 2005

Sound: I think this album is amazing and original. I suppose it can be considered as heavy metal. Though, I'm not to sure. Anyway, I love the guitar riffs and the lyrics. The whole band is just amazing. If youre a fan of metal or heavy metal, death metal etc, I highly recommend this album. Its their newest album and not too many people know who they are. Amazing. // 8

Lyrics: I really like the lyrics. They go well with the music because the lyrics are a little angry and informative and their music is heavy as well. I think the singer is great. He kind of screams, but he knows his limits, I think. // 10

Overall Impression: I couldn't find the album that they put out before this. I'm sure it's great as well. The most impressive song (to me) I think is Red Neck War or Ancestry Of The Antichrist. I love how Byzantine isn't trying to be like every other heavy metal band out there. Or any other band. If my CD were stolen I'd cry, be angry, and buy it again. I definitely think it's worth it. // 10

And They Shall Take Up Serpents Reviewed by: Pantera_CFH666, on september 09, 2005

Sound: Byzantine is, by far, one of the greatest metal bands to come out of my home state. Their sound is just like some "Shred Your F--kin Face Off" s--t. It's just plain out crazy! Their music style is like nothing I've ever heard in my life. They're not trying to sound like anyone else, they've created their own sound, and its plain out amazing. // 10

Lyrics: Many of the lyrics have to do with the band memebers heritage I belive. Growing up in West Virginia, and being in a state full of coal with other people trying to export it, brings the lyrics for Red Neck War. Chris (OJ) Ojeda is an amazing vocalist (and guitarist). I don't think I've ever heard a vocalist quite like OJ. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this album is much better than The Fundamental Component. Recording-wise anyways. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Ancestry Of The Antichrist, Five Faces Of Madness, Justicia, and Pity None. I mean, they have a piano in the intro of Five Faces Of Madness recorded by OJ, the acoustic riffs in the beginning of Red Neck War was recorded by their drummer Wolfe, and Tony's solos are just amazing. I am actually taking lessons from Tony right now. He's an amazing guitarist. Very kick ass. I love the whole album. I don't hate anything about it. If this album were stolen I would have to cry. I mean I got it signed by all the band members. But I would definetly buy it again. // 10

Comments