Camino Palmero Review

calling: Camino Palmero
Release Date: Jul 10, 2001
Label: RCA
Genres: Pop-Metal, Post-Grunge, Alternative Pop/Rock
Along with their sturdy musicianship and rhythmically driven melodies, this band very likely will enjoy a longer shelf life than most of their contemporaries.
 8.4
 7.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Camino Palmero Reviewed by: djura, on august 02, 2007

Sound: This album simply doesn't have a boring song. You could listen to it over and over again, and you couldn't really get enough of it. The singer (Alex Band) has a truly unique voice which really matches the songs. The drumming is also very interesting. But I must say, all of their songs sound kind of similar to each other, but still worth listening to! Wherever you will go, Could it be any harder, Adrienne and Stigmatized all have videos and I guess those are the most popular songs from the album. // 9

Lyrics: 01. Unstoppable - opens the album pretty well, it's about a couple who's in love, but can't be together for some reason. 02. Nothing's Changed - about how parents don't believe in their children. 03. Wherever You Will Go - their biggest hit, a classic power ballad. 04. Could It Be Any Harder - Alex wrote this song when his mother left him, but he transformed it, so it's about a girl that left him and he'd do anything to have one more day with her. 05. Final Answer - another love song, about how a relationship is going wrong and he needs to know what's going on, so he needs an answer. 06. Adrienne - their second biggest hit, about a girl who didn't appreciate everything he did for her, so now after the break up, he wants revenge. 07. We're Forgiven - about homeless people and how we're all being so ignorant, and that we could make the world a much better place if we all just paid a little more attention to what's going on. 08. Things Don't Always Turn Out That Way - about a guy who's obsessed with this girl, but she is ignoring him, and he doesn't have the guts to tell her that he loves her so much. 09. Just That Good - about people pretending to be something they're not, thinking they're better than others, but they're actually 'just that good'. 10. Thank You - about how you should live your life and use the time we're given as best as possible. 11. Stigmatized - I heard it's about a gay couple being misunderstood in society, but maybe it's just about a normal couple struggling to stay together because they believe in each other. 12. Wherever You Will Go - the same song, but live and previously unreleased and it's acoustic too. // 8

Overall Impression: All together, it's a great album, definitely worth buying. The only thing that bothers me is Alex's singing sometimes (the same as on their second album, 'Two') because he IS using the oh's and the yeah's too much, but never mind. The calling developed their own style, and it's very enjoyable, if someone stole it, they'd better move to another continent, 'cause I'd go after them and then after months of torturing, I'd probably bury them alive somewhere in the desert hell yeah. // 10

More Calling reviews rating latest review
+ Two 9.4 06/25/2009