Moonmadness Review

9.6
 9.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Moonmadness Reviewed by: Silenced, on january 20, 2004

Sound: The sound of this record is very ambient, and full, thanks to the great production. The one I have is the remastered version, so this may not apply to the original, but Im sure it would still be great. Andy Latimer's guitar sounds very smooth and jazzy, like a Les Paul with single coils, and the drumming is top notch prog beats. The sound is what really attracts me back to this record, time and time again, because of how atmospherically symphonic this record turned out. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are not too deep, but very simplistic and meaningful. Reminds me a lot of prog poetry, and they leave you feeling like you understand them, but you know there's more in front of you. // 10

Overall Impression: This is probably one of Camel's best albums, along with Snowgoose and Mirage. All songs are truly masterpieces, but Song Within A Song, and Air Born have become personal favorites. The whole album really gives an undescribable feeling when fully understood, and that's exactly what keeps me putting it in the cd player time after time. If you are a progressive rock fan, and enjoy the jazzier side of bands like Led Zeppelin, this album is for you. // 10

More Camel reviews rating latest review
+ Mirage 8.8 04/20/2012