Candlemass Review

candlemass: Candlemass
Release Date: May 3, 2005
Label: Nuclear Blast America
Genres: Heavy Metal, Scandinavian Metal, Doom Metal
Given both the music herein and the human events that led to its unlikely creation, one's faith is restored: the power of Candlemass compels you!
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Candlemass Reviewed by: Candlemass, on march 10, 2006

Sound: Great sound. A little bit mor progressive than the old Candlemass. But nontheless still awesome. Messiah is back in 2005 with even better vocals. he never seizes to amaze me. great sound and out standing melodics. This is their first album with their orinal line up from the classic night and the following CDs. The past two were quite not the same doomy candlemass. The guitars are sure no disapointment here. // 9

Lyrics: Not one of lyrics in this album dont really stand out but still they are all eaqually good. I like the mood set in the song in assasssin of light. Great fusion between the doom metal riffs with the deep and heavy yet tender vocals. Messiah Marcolin will never stop being what he is a great singer. His baritone sound will make you sing along. As you try to match his great voice. Great lrics and singing 9. // 9

Overall Impression: If I would compare this album to Nightfall or Epicus it wouldn't come to the top but still very close. Great album worth buying. again first album with the original line-up from the '80s. The most impressive songs are assassin of light and black dwarf. Take some time to look into this album and I'm sure youll enjoy it! Overall great great album and I love this band! // 9

More Candlemass reviews rating latest review
+ Lucifer Rising 3.5 11/08/2010