Live Cannibalism Review

cannibal corpse: Live Cannibalism
Release Date: Sep 26, 2000
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Heavy Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
Live Cannibalism is Cannibal Corpse's first live album, recorded in 2000 at venues in Milwaukee and Indianapolis.
 8.8
 8.6
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Live Cannibalism Reviewed by: Sintera666, on february 27, 2007

Sound: What to say, what to say. I know! How about, one of the best live albums I have ever heard! Not only do they out do themselves, but they play the best CC songs! It's almost like a best hits CD except live! The sound is terrific and grips your very soul and takes it on a roller coaster of gore and mayhem! No muffled guitars, no muffled drums, and you can hear every pitch of George Fischers gutterals! There is nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with the sound of this album! // 10

Lyrics: There were two questions going through my mind as I listened to this album. How does George keep a steady gutteral, and does he even remember the words to the songs he is singing? I mean, the guy has terrific vocals, but hearing every pitch of his voice in this album is not a great thing. Including the fact that he can't remember the words to the songs. He remembered all in F--ked With A Knife, but all the others, it just seems he had a little too much alcohol before going on stage (if he had any). But without his gutterals, there wouldn't be Cannibal Corpse and this would just be an instrumental album, which isn't too much of a bad thing, espescially if you like to listen and play guitar. But I like George a little more than Chris Barnes so I'll go easy. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I have the biggest whiplash and I can't stop listening to this album! Remember how KISS became noticed? It was with a live album. Now if CC isn't noticed by now by the general public, this might be the CD to change all that, if people wern't so damn controversial about the lyrics. If you are a big fan of CC, I will guess you already got this album, if not go get it! And if you are a death metal fan looking for a good CD, buy this one! It will give you the time of your life! // 10

More Cannibal Corpse reviews rating latest review