All That I Am Review

carlos santana: All That I Am
Release Date: Nov 1, 2005
Label: Arista
Genres: Pop/Rock, Latin Rock, Album Rock
It's not a good pop album, it's a bland, friendly affair that disappears into the ether the moment it's finishing playing.
 Lyrics: 6.5
 7.1
 7.2
All That I Am Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on february 27, 2006

Sound: Santana, coming back after his ultimate album Supernatural failed to impress with his new album All That I Am. With all the starpower etc. Santana managed to get only one hit single by the name of Just feel better. Apart from about 2 or 3 tracks, this album was quite useless. The biggest disappointment for me was, Trinity, the one with Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Santana. I hoped it would've been more like a duel between the two maestros but instead one guy was playing chords on acousic in the background while the other played some moderate solos. Anyway, on the whole I think it was the sound that saved the album. // 8

Lyrics: OK/decent lyrics for this album. Nothing close to some lyrics in his previous album. I mean there was not a single track that made a lasting impact on you apart from maybe Just feel better. That had the trademark of Steve Tyler on it! But apart from that, there was almost nothing in this album as far as lyrics are concerned. I am not a pop lover so maybe that's the reason I didn't like this album, but come on I mean in Supernatural, he teamed up with Everlast for what was one of my favourite songs of Santana, Put Your Lights On! // 6

Overall Impression: It is no comparison to Supernatural, it has a few decent tracks but apart from that it is a useless buy and a waste of money. If you were to ask me I'd say buy Supernatural instead, If you really want to listen to thisalbum beleive me don't waste your money in buying the album, borrow it from your friend, or something. If I somehow lost this album I wouldn't miss it one bit. Yet, some artists will come and go but Santana will remain. I think only the names like Santana, Tyler, Kirk etc. saved this album's ass. // 6

All That I Am Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2006

Sound: First of all, since I am latin, hearing the latin influences in the songs are awesome to me. I love the way Carlos mixes latin with rock and blues, however I was not feeling the two or three songs with rappers saying sumthing about Carlos Santana. I love his music and I love rap music but the two shouldnt mix as often as on this record. But the overall sound of Carlos' Paul Reed Smith guitar with the drums and the beats are awesome dude. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are like most bands, not very meanngful. However the lrics in Just Feel Better, I'm Feeling You, I Am Somebody, and El Fuego are amazing. The lyrics and the music generally go well together, they stay on beat and on pace. // 7

Overall Impression: This album is not as good as Shaman & Supernatural so it's a little disapointing, but its pretty good. I love the guitar and the latin feel to El Fuego and Con Santana. I also liked the modern rock sound and the guitar in Just Feel Better. I am Somebody is also a great song, I loved it. So anyway it's worth paying money for, definetely go out and buy it if you're a fan of Santana, latino, rock, blues, or even hip hop/pop kinda party music. // 9

More Carlos Santana reviews rating latest review