Brothers Review

9.3
 8.4
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Brothers Reviewed by: JC Rea, on january 30, 2004

Sound: This album contains a musical combination made between Carlos Santana, his brother Jorge and his nephew Carlos Hernndez, as a result of the colaborations that this two guys made on 1992 Milagro album. Santana Brothers features several instrumental music styles: Blues, rock, ska or ballad. It's great to hear the sound produced by Carlos's PRS guitar, together with the guitars played by Jorge and Carlos Hernndez. // 10

Lyrics: Since this is a CD that contains instrumental material, I can't say nothing about lyrics, because there are no lyrics.And just because the system needs a note to proccess my review, I will rate it with a 5. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great piece of instrumental music, that must be included in any santana fan collection. "Thoughts", "luz amor y vida" and "La danza" are the tracks that impressed me the most, because of the rythm and the power of percussions and guitars heard. So, if you Santana fan (I mean real Santana fans) are reading this, don't have no doubts about this CD and buy it. Finally, I want to say that track number 3 "Luz, amor y vida", was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1994 (or 1995, I don't remember exactly) for best instrumental rock song. // 8

More Carlos Santana reviews rating latest review