Sacred Fire: Live In South America Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sacred Fire: Live In South America Reviewed by: JC Rea, on january 30, 2004

Sound: I must say this is the best Santana CD i ever heard. This album is composed by live material recorded during Santana's 1993 tour, and contains live versions of the songs which turned Carlos and the band into famous rock stars: "Black Magic Woman", "Oye Como Va", "Samba Pa', 'Ti", "Europa" or "Soul Sacrifice", among others. The good thing in this album is that is possible to hear that old songs played with the sound of the Santana band of the early 90's: Alex Ligertwood and Tony Lindsay on vocals and the percussion team composed by Raul Rekow and Karl Perazzo, who are still in the band. So, the sound is great. // 10

Lyrics: Well, there are a few songs that feature lyrics, but I must say that Santana is not a band that shines because of the lyrics of its songs; but I must say they are good because despite they are so simple, they are able to transmit enough energy and feeling, so you won't be able to avoid singing. Finally, the singers heard in this CD are great. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to other albums, Sacred Fire is the one I like the most of all Santana's albums I've heard; I think it's even better than 1999 album "Supernatural". For me, the most impressive songs in this CD are "Esperando", "Europa","Samba pa ti" and "Toussaint L'Overture". As you can see, I have a very good opinion about this CD and I even think it's worth its weight in gold (although we all know that a CD doesn't weigh so much), so, don't miss the opportunity of buying this album, and the VHS or DVD version if you can.Finally I want to say this CD is great because it is the last recording in which singer Alex Ligertwood is heard with the band, and for me, he's the best singer the band ever had. // 10

More Carlos Santana reviews rating latest review