Until I Feel Nothing Review

carnifex: Until I Feel Nothing
Released: Oct 24, 2011
Genre: Deathcore, Blackened Death Metal
Label: Victory Records
There are tons of metalcore/deathcore acts out there right now, and these guys are not re-inventing the wheel, but as far as the genre goes, these guys are doing exactly what they should be doing.
 7.4
 6.8
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Until I Feel Nothing Reviewed by: wbjackson517, on may 09, 2012

Sound: Carnifex is a Deathcore band from San Diego. They are actually a little more death than deathcore. There are breakdowns and everything that goes with a Deathcore band. This album was produced by Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying at his studio. I think this a very good mix of straight ahead death metal and Deathcore. This genre and styles like it are extremely popular and finding the real talent is getting harder. I think these guys do it really well. // 8

Lyrics: This is section is the reason that I think Carnifex are a little more death metal. The intro is called "Deathwish" and with song titles like "Dead But Dreaming", "Dehumanize", and "Wretched Entropy", Carnifex score major points for cool death metal song titles. The very first thing Scott Lewis screams is... "F**k The World!" And from there it never let's up. Here are some lyrics from "Dead But Dreaming": "So who's to say can't die in our dreams? Sometimes dark but always bitter and bleak". Also some pretty killer lyrics on "Creation Defaced": "I will drink your blood and never look back. I'll let you rot in hell and rip your Heart in half." That is awesomely brutal. And Scott delivers these lyrics better than most so-called death metal singers. They definitely are Deathcore but they are more death than core. A lot of people don't like these guys but I think the musicianship is excellent and the vocals are brutal. // 8

Overall Impression: There are tons of metalcore/deathcore acts out there right now, and these guys are not re inventing the wheel, but as far as the genre goes, these guys are doing exactly what they should be doing. Playing heavy music and writing extreme lyrics with a nice production from one of metalcore's heavy hitters, Tim Lambesis. I like every song on this album. I also like Deathcore. I am sure there will be some little tweener out there that is gonna bash this music or my review. That's cool. I have been listening to and playing death metal for 20 years. I have it all from Cannibal Corpse to Burzum, to Cradle Of Filth. For this genre, these guys reign supreme! // 8

More Carnifex reviews rating latest review
+ Die Without Hope 6.2 03/07/2014