Isolation Review

carpathian: Isolation
Released: Aug 2, 2008
Genre: Hardcore
Label: Resist Records
Isolation is the second studio album by Australian hardcore punk band Carpathian.
 8.4
 7.8
review (1) 19 comments vote for this album:
Isolation Reviewed by: WILL MURRAY, on january 12, 2009

Sound: The first thing you notice when you listen to this album is Difference. Difference that left a lot fans asking questions like, "Where did the breakdowns go?, Where did they throaty growls go?". To these fans, Carpathian may now seem 'bad'; though in reality, Isolation is one of the most powerful well written hardcore releases of 2008. Marty (vocalist) has found a very different style to his usual growls, that can only be described as hardcore or punk yelling. Combining Martys new vocal technique, and the new punk influenced line up, you get yourself a great hardcore/punk album. // 10

Lyrics: A very dark, smothering vibe hangs over the lyrical aspect of this album. With a lot of singing about the dark and the cold.'Sun Heights' contains a vocal line that is sure to send most pits crazy around Australia "On my own against the world, and I never felt so f--king cold. The track named 'Seventyk' is solely about the days of graffiti, when he moved around with his crew defacing property. // 8

Overall Impression: Listening to Isolation, you are extremely hard pressed to find a sub-par track, this band has evolved out of sight of what they used to be. Carpathian have created an unforgettable hardcore/punk record. If I lost this album, not only would I be devastated, but I would go out and buy it again. The most impressive songs on this album: Isolation, Insomnia, Sun Heights. // 9

More Carpathian reviews rating latest review
+ Nothing To Lose 7.9 01/26/2007