aaronmcm99, on may 24, 2013 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: "Karma.Bloody.Karma" is the fifth studio album by death metal band Cattle Decapitation, and is arguably the worst. No I'm not saying short songs are a bad thing, see the Ramones for short but great songs, but the this album is comparatively short, sloppy, and as well put together as their other albums, but the drums are a saving grace on the album, and the guitar - while not his finest work - does deliver a solid performance and sleek sweeps. The bass was not much to write home about but at times had its moments. Not bad musicianship by any means. But sill not as good as good as "The Harvest Floor." // 7
Lyrics: Travis Ryan sucks a fat one on this album and that's the killing blow. He is a fantastic vocalist but something went wrong here, his grunts are no where near as good as they should be, and the lyrics are surprisingly tame. Not tame really, it's still gorey and brutal, but for a Cattle Decapitation album I expected worse. Maybe that a sign of maturity, but as the guys who made "Forced Gender Reassignment" that probably not the case, once again, not bad, but more sloppy than it needs to be, and a bit of a clusterf--k at times. // 6
Overall Impression: 01. "Intro" - well its an intro, it's ok, but only 19 seconds.
02. "Unintelligent Design" - vaguely cohesive and not very good.
03. "Success Is... (Hanging By The Neck)" - quite good and a solid performance.
04. "One Thousand Times Decapitation" - another stellar track.
05. "The Carcass Derrick" - a dip in quality somehat.
06. "Total Gore?" - good, traditional Cattle Decapitation.
07. "Bereavement" - just a feh track and nothing special.
08. "Suspended In Coprolite" - best track on the album.
09. "Alone In The Landfill" - the worst track on the album.
10. "Karma.Bloody.Karma" - the title track, and a solid effort.
11. "The New Dawn" - sounds like a C.O.F. title, but a good song.
12. "Of Human Pride And Flatulence" - charming.
13. "World Full Of Idiots" (Japanese bonus track) - great track.
In reality, it's a good little album, albeit a bit disappointing, and for a newcomer it's a nice little listen.