Into The Cauldron [EP] Review

Released: 2007
Genre: Heavy/Thrash Metal
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Into The Cauldron [EP] Reviewed by: guitfiddleRR, on october 06, 2010

Sound: In 2006, former members of the disbanded doom metal band "Goat Horn" came together to form "Cauldron". At the dawn of the next year, they released possibly the greatest modern metal E.P of the time. With only four songs (6 on the vinyl version), this record is just as head-bang inducing as any Metallica album. The only reason I am reviewing an E.P. is because this is one of the best, heaviest sounding recordings I have ever heard in my life, and that does say a lot. The guitars do seem slightly tuned down, but only just a bit. The riffs are heavy, the rhythm is tight, and the solos are awesome. This E.P. easily surpasses the album that followed it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome. The vocal performance is also outstanding. The musical compliance is very impressive, especially considering this was the bands first release. Jason Decay has introduced a slight new way to sing heavy metal. He seems to just keep most of his singing in his lowest registers. Its nothing that hasn't been done before, but for this music it fits perfectly. This was the E.P. that landed Cauldron. This E.P. is why I always say that Cauldron will be a band that will consistently impress us with their music. // 10

Overall Impression: This E.P. surpasses many other metal albums. It is simply so awesome in and of itself that it deserves this review. This is one of my favorite listens of all time. Its four titles (The Striker Strikes/Into The Cauldron/Restless/Tortures Too Kind) are some of the heaviest metal songs ever written. You would have had to have been a Cauldron fan before they were signed to get this. I hope they re-release this some day. This was the E.P. that got them their record deal and was followed up by "Chained To The Nite". In all honesty, this is the best Cauldron release there is, and it is going to take a lot to top it. // 10

More Cauldron reviews rating latest review
+ Tomorrow's Lost 6.7 05/23/2013