So Far From Real Review

artist: cauterize date: 08/18/2004 category: compact discs
cauterize: So Far From Real
Released: Aug 19, 2003
Genre: Rock
Tones: Rollicking, Bittersweet, Irreverent, Yearning, Giddy, Knotty, Slick, Sugary
Style: Punk-Pop
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
So Far From Real Reviewed by: H@rd To S@Y, on october 10, 2003

Sound: This is a great sounding record which im sure many of you out there HAVE NEVER HEARD OF! I had the oppertunity to catch this band once at a show and was impressed right a way, Cauterize, formally (TOE)are going to make some waves in the punk scene soon, "So Far From Real" is a great riff orientated record with catchy pulsating rythyms, which are intwined their own heavy emo style leads. // 8

Lyrics: well what can i say, but man did some girl mess this guy up, emo fan or not youll love it. "So Far From Real" well sounds like an "I hate you and miss you love letter to your girl" from start to finish, but I do give props to "JESSE SMITH" for strayinfg away from many of the rhyming shceme cliches hear in a lot of punk these days, and for still being able to keep the lyrics flowing in a good direction and completing the story. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, if you want to hear something different, buy this record, great leads and great time changes, I recommend you pop "So Far From Real" into the Car stereo, and cruise around, its one of those records. Looking to tell the ex how badly she hurt you, buy it and give it to her. Best Tracks: Promise Me, Choke , Something beautiful, and of course my favourite "If you go" till next time, support canadian Punk! // 8

So Far From Real Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 22, 2004

Sound: I really liked their sound quite a bit. They have a punk rock style that is very catchy. Once you start to listen to it you won't want to take it out of your cd player. // 8

Lyrics: Once again I liked the lyrics alot. The lead is very talent and can control his voice weather it's loud or soft. The lyrics get the point across clearly. // 10

Overall Impression: I would encourage everybody to get this cd. I heard a couple of their songs on the game 1080 Avalanche and fell in love with it. I really like the tracks Killing Me and Choke. I've listened to it for about 3 weeks straight and I'm still not tired of it. // 10

So Far From Real Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 05, 2004

Sound: This cd is near perfect, I'm not to into the pop-punk genre but these guys are REALLY good I love this cd. The guitar is especially incredible, and this bands singer is just great. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics got to me the first time I heard them in every song. I related to almost every line. The lyrics are just perfect there's no other way to put it. You'll understand when you hear one of their songs. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the best album I've heard in a long time, these guys are going places. I refuse to take this cd out of my cd player. Not only is it worth buying but I don't know what I'll do if I lost it, I'm thinking about buying a second copy just incase. // 10

So Far From Real Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 18, 2004

Sound: This is a killer band, and I usually don't like pop/punk rock genre bands but they really surprised me. Whats good about them is that the music is so addicting. Brilliant guitar work and rock hard drums (lets not forget about that bass solo in the "Choke" bridge, insane) they just blow my mind. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics I think almost everyone can relate to, whether you have experienced it or imagined it no matter what it is, they sing about it. Jesse is such a talented musician how he can manage to play lead guitar and sing so well, just incredible. Songs that the lyrics really get to you are, (in my opinion) Choke, Killing Me, Taste Of Tears (outstanding guitar work) and Something Beautiful. // 10

Overall Impression: This is probably the best album I have heard in a long time. Like I said before, my favs are Choke, Killing Me, Taste Of Tears and Something Beautiful. There really is nothing bad to say about this album and even the band themselves. If it was stolen from me or if I lost it I would buy it again in a heartbeat, I highly recomend it to everyone. // 10

Comments