Celldweller Review

celldweller: Celldweller
Released: Feb 11, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Trance, Industrial Metal, Industrial, Tech-House, Electro-Industrial
Celldweller derives its name partly from the long hours Klayton spent in his home studio crafting its elaborate, production-heavy cocktail of trance, drum'n'bass, and heavy industrial guitar.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.5
 9.9
Celldweller Reviewed by: slippy456, on january 25, 2005

Sound: The sound of Celldweller is mostly a heavily techno influenced industrial sound. The sound of the album is mixes of techno hard rock and the occasional shots of slipknot style nu-metal and gothic industrial (you'll see their song frozen in the what is goth article) plus even some acustic guitar and all of this mayhem is created by one man yes celldweller is a one man band. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are some what confusing. There those kind of lyrics that cause you too sit around while listening to the album to understand. The lead singer has a voice that somehow reminds me of Chad Grey of Mudvayne with how he switches from soft singing to Corey Taylor-esque screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definatly for the fans of bands such as apex twin and Rammstein or nu-metalers that enjoy tehcno. The most impresive songs in my opinion are "The Last firstborn," "Under My Feet," "I Beleive You" and "My Own Little World." What I love about the album is it sound it mixing of styles and the vocals are amazing. // 10

Celldweller Reviewed by: VidGamer870, on june 22, 2007

Sound: The sound of this album ranges from industrial rock (Songs like "Switchback") to almost techno ("The Last Firstborn" comes to mind here). It has a Nine Inch Nails-esque sound to it, except the music has less distortion and sounds fuller to me. It also seems like Klayton, the vocalist and producer, was a perfectionist when it came to the production of the songs. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are for the most part very good. There are a few songs where the first verse and the second are the same, but that is for me forgivable as long as it doesn't happen in every song. Since I've already compared the album to Nine Inch Nails' work (as they really do sound similar), I might as well mention that Klayton has a better vocal quality than Trent Reznor (Trent's voice was very scratchy-sounding to me during NIN's first albums). The only problem in that department is that in some songs Klayton over-processed his voice, giving it a deliberately electronic sound. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, this album is a very impressive debut from Celldweller. I would, despite some minor flaws, recommend it to any (or at least most) fans of electronic or industrial music. And finally, if I were to lose it or accidentally scratch it, I would probably buy it again. I look forward to their next release. // 9

More Celldweller reviews rating latest review
+ Wish Upon A Blackstar. Chapter 1 Of 5 8.9 04/02/2010