Into The Pandemonium Review

celtic frost: Into The Pandemonium
Release Date: 1987
Label: Noise
Genres: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Symphonic Black Metal
Running rampant throughout Pandemonium is the massive metal crunch and lyrics about death and destruction with which Celtic Frost made its name, so fans of earlier stuff won't feel too taken by surprise.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Into The Pandemonium Reviewed by: SuicidalFreak, on may 21, 2007

Sound: This is where Swiss metal really started to take off. Celtic Frost was one of the bands that influenced the whole death and thrash scene when they were Hellhammer and also with their first two albums. Now with their 1987 third album "Into the Pandemonium", released 20 years ago, Tom G. Warrior and the gang decided to turn in a different direction and incorporate Gothic influences and operatic elements. In this album is where Celtic Frost started becoming avant-garde and including a lot of experimentation. In my opinion, "Mexican Radio", "Mesmerized", "Inner Sanctum" and "Caress Into Oblivion" are classics. // 10

Lyrics: Tom G. Warrior has to be one of the most brilliant metal singers there is, along with Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, Testament's Chuck Billy and Mercyful Fate's King Diamond. Can't say his lyrics are actually bad at all. He sings clean, can throw in the growl, and sing with a powerful deep voice. // 10

Overall Impression: I would probably compare this album to either Mercyful Fate's "Don't Break the Oath", Voivod's "Killing Technology" or "Nothingface", Kreator's "Pleasure to Kill" or anything by Bathory, King Diamond, Helloween, Savatage or Testament. In my opinion, "Into the Pandemonium" is the best metal album ever. I've always enjoyed listening to the guitar sound of a metal music album, even this one as well. In fact, "Into the Pandemonium" is the only Celtic Frost album I have so far. If the CD copy was lost, I could buy another, but don't worry, I always take good care of my CDs. // 10

Comments