Rock Bottom Rocknroll [EP] Review

Chase The Ace: Rock Bottom Rocknroll [EP]
Released: Dec 16, 2012
Genre: Glam Metal, Hard Rock
Label: Self-released
I'm a big fan of the rock giants of the 80's the crushing drums, wailing vocalists and long passionate guitar solos. I found all of those in this small new band coming out no other than Israel.
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Rock Bottom Rocknroll [EP] Reviewed by: Bringback80snow, on january 04, 2013

Sound: I found this band thru a page I follow on Facebook and I loved it! First of all you can listen to the full album here. Well I'm a big fan of the rock giants of the 80's the crushing drums, wailing vocalists and long passionate guitar solos. I found all of those in this small new band coming out no other than Israel (?) These guys apparently had a Hard rock band singing in Hebrew for the past 6 years, had 5 albums out (All as an indie band) and just now decided to address the world by launching some English songs. The sound is really fresh and sounds professional for an indie band. I would like to hear their second album to hear how they'll settle into that sound a little better but really good start! Rock&roll! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are pure rock&roll kinda lyrics - Rocker Chicks, Rebel songs and the pursuit of the rockstar dream. I would like it better if it was a little dirtier but still kinda edgy and really cool phrasing. The last song is definitely a filler - It's nice but won't last. Well every album's gotta have a filler :) The ballad "Bring You Back" really surprised me - for one second there their singer hit those high notes like he had his balls cut off them the next minute he sounds dirty like he grew an extra pair. // 8

Overall Impression: The songs are really catchy and fun yet still heavy, especially "The Cat Is On The Loose" and "California" the first and third songs on the EP. The lead singer kinda reminded me of a controlled version of Vince Neil. I tried to think of what other albums it reminded me of but it was hard - The sound is pretty new. If I had to pick something I would go with Slash's new album as a reference. You can hear they were listening to a lot of Motley Crue, Skid Row, GNR and Van Halen. Anyway support The Ace and get their EP. If you ask me we'll be hearing about them.

// 9