Shine Through The Stars Review

chasen: Shine Through The Stars
Released: Apr 15, 2008
Genre: Christian Rock
Label: OMG
Chasen has a classic Christian music sound mixed with some rock style guitar and drum parts. This album is great I suggest it to anyone looking for a good Christian music album or artist to listen to.
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Shine Through The Stars Reviewed by: breather13, on november 04, 2011

Sound: Chasen has a classic Christian music sound mixed with some rock style guitar and drum parts. This is their first full length album and is great. Chasen Calahan (lead singer) is from upstate SC and you can hear a little bit of southern influence in his writing. The albums feature songs about God, Hard times and then just about love. One song on the album which was on their EP is titled "Crazy Beautiful". This song is about knowing you are beautiful no matter what other people say. Another great song is "All Creation". This song is about the glory and amazement of God's creation and just how great and beautiful it is. This song is a little more up beat. Also there is the song "You And I" which is about loving someone. Then there are songs like "Desires", "God & King", "Nothing Like You", and "All I Can Say" which talk about being a Christian, Gods awesomeness, wanting to please him and wanting to be more like him. Also this album has the song "History Tonight" which is sort of a serious song. It is about a girl who had bad experiences with her dad and hated her life and the song tells her that this wont last and that "your old life will be history tonight". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are really good. They convey great messages. The song "Crazy Beautiful" is about know that you are beautiful even though people tell you differently and you are made in Gods image. "All Creation" is about just teh sheer beauty of God's creation and how marvelous it is. "Nothihg Like You" is about how nothing compares to the greatness of God. "History Tonight" is about a girl with a troubled past that will be gone and will get better. "You And I" is about being in love. "All I Can Say" is about living a life for God. "Desires" is about following after God and living your life for him. "God & King" is about how God is our divine ruler. "If It Comes Down" is about chosing God over worldly possessions. "Don't Walk Away" is about wanting God to stay with you and never leave you. These songs have some very powerful lyrics and are amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is great I suggest it to anyone looking for a good Christian music album or artist to listen to. The best songs of the album are "Crazy Beautiful", "All Creation", and "History Tonight" but all of the songs are really good. I love the traditional Christian sound mixed with modern Christian rock sound. The instruments blend really well between the acoustic and electric guitars. Over all this is a great album and if you get it you wont regret it. // 8

Comments