Live From The Road Review

chevelle: Live From The Road
Release Date: Nov 11, 2003
Label: Epic
Genres: Alternative Metal
The intensity and chemistry of the Loeffler brothers is unparalleled and makes them absolutely dynamic on stage.
 6.9
 8.8
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Live From The Road Reviewed by: fattymcfat97, on may 04, 2006

Sound: I love Chevelle and think they're a great band, but the sound of this album is basically dissapointing. The instruments are not level, the bass overcomes the guitar most of the time and the drums are not very noticable, I'd say the most attractive thing about this CD is the singing from Pete, I don't like Joe's backup singing it's usually off key. Other then that the interatction with the audience is pretty good so it seems like there pretty good performers. // 3

Lyrics: No dissapoinment here, Chevelle always has very good lyrics and this is no exception. The lyrics are great like always and go with the music perfectly. I especially like the lyrics to the songs on "Wonder What's Next" and "Until Your Reformed". Pete Like I said before has most of the part very good vocals, but Joe's back up vocals are off key and don't mix in with the music very well. // 8

Overall Impression: This is definatley not as good as their studio efforts and I have heard much better recordings of them live. The best songs overall on this album would be "Wonder What's Next", "Family System" and "Until Your Reformed". I like the vocals but hate the mix and if it were lost I probably wouldn't buy it again. // 4

More Chevelle reviews rating latest review
+ La Gargola 8.5 04/09/2014