Chicosci Review

artist: chicosci date: 07/15/2006 category: compact discs
Release Date: 2006
Genres: Rock
After the successful release of band's third album entitled "Icarus" they're back again with another fresh, self-titled album.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Chicosci Reviewed by: guiltkill, on july 15, 2006

Sound: After the successful release of band's third album entitled "Icarus" they're back again with another fresh album which is a self-titled track "Chicosci". Well as we all know every album of the band since the first release differ a lot when it comes to musical style. Their third album comprises 12 new tracks which is far different from their previous recordings. If youre expecting heavy sound then dont expect on this album cause the sound is just like those common emo bands out there. A line of melodic guitar riffs by mong and sny and emotional vocalization of Miguel Chavez which is enhanced and emphasized by the drum beats of jose mixing up with the percs of yug as well as the basslines of calde. The album first singel is entitled "A Promise" which showcases their new sound and probably labeling them as "emo." // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics is filled with emotonal lines ("I'm not alone, I can feel your eyes on me", denied another day life took you away I love you just the same") this lines are from their first single entitled a promise. The lyrics are given its meaning through Miguels delivery of vocals. Every song showcases Miggy's different vocal styles from deep screaming and to soft and mellow lines. // 8

Overall Impression: Well I can say their 4th album is well done, from post production to the packaging. Although some songs are a bit similar to other foreign bands which is one thing to be avoided, to be not classified as a rip-off band or a band which just riff-off things/parts from other bands. Long live opm rock music. // 9

Comments