Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live Review

artist: children of bodom date: 05/08/2007 category: compact discs
children of bodom: Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live
Release Date: Dec 5, 2006
Label: Spinefarm
Genres: Scandinavian Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
They sound as good as they do on the CD. They play all of their good songs on this record.
 8.7
 9.2
Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live Reviewed by: CkY freak, on december 06, 2006

Sound: I just got into this band earlier this year, so when I heard they were coming out with a live disc, I had to get it. I was impressed with the live performance. They sound as good as they do on the CD, and I think they sound a lot heavier live too. They play all of their good songs on this record. They play a lot of stuff from their older records like Hate crew and Hatebreeder. They only played a few songs from their latest CD, Are You Dead Yet? but it's still an awesome performance nonetheless. Really the only thing I didn't like about it, was that after listening to the CD version solos for a while, I grow acustomed to those, and he changes some of them up, which isn't a bad thing, I guess I'm just used to hearing the original versions. // 9

Lyrics: I'm going to be honest, even though the music is freaking awesome, Alexi isnt the best lyricist at all. While they are fun to sing (or scream) along to, they really just aren't that great, and some of them don't even really make that much sense, but that's cool because I think the music makes up for it. // 8

Overall Impression: Children Of Bodom are the only metal band I can stand to listen to, because I think they are different than what's out there right now. They do a flawless version of Angels Don't Kill on the CD, which is a great song. Some of the songs are sped up a little bit, faster than the CD versions, but it still sounds good. My favorite performances would have to be Silent Night Bodom Night, Sixpounder, Downfall (which they do this awesome alternate intro to the song), Living Dead Beat, and Needled 24/7. Don't get me wrong all of the songs are great, but those were the ones that I thought were the best. Really the only minor flaw on the CD in my opinion, is the changing up of some of the solos, like In Your Face, but again, it's just all preference. Other than that, this is probably one of the best CD's I've ever bought. If it were stolen, I would definitely get it again, without thinking twice. I highly recommend getting this CD, it's the best of all their albums, you wont regret it. // 10

Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live Reviewed by: TimmerGuitarMan, on may 08, 2007

Sound: Probably the greatest live band I've ever heard! Full of energy and able to pull off anything! The songs sound just like they do on the CD, but with bits added in, to give some variation. I definitely advise buying all their albums, as each one is different in sound and structure, but each as good as the next one! // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are kick ass, not the main feature of the band, as they write awesome solos and interludes. Frontman Laiho along with other members of the band write lyrics that suit the song itself, and don't just throw words into the music. Not some of the greatest lyrics I've heard, it has to be said, but still some great ones that illustrate how the band feel about certain people or places, or events that have happened. // 8

Overall Impression: One of my all time favourite bands! The live album has brilliant quality and the sound was perfect, unlike another live album I happened to buy and then regret! This album features a good mix of old and new songs, which kept me listening! Another thing which makes this album, and the show itself great was the interaction between Alexi and the crowd, and the playfulness of Laiho and Warman during "Clash Of The Booze Brothers." // 7

More Children Of Bodom reviews rating latest review