Trashed Lost And Strung Out [EP] Review

artist: children of bodom date: 12/07/2005 category: compact discs
children of bodom: Trashed Lost And Strung Out [EP]
Release Date: Feb 22, 2005
Label: Century Media
Genres: Heavy Metal, Scandinavian Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal, Speed Metal, Power Metal
There's a hefty multimedia section boasting the title track's promo video and a 20-minute expose following the bandmembers as they goof around their native Helsinki to help convince any fans with itchy trigger-fingers.
 7.8
 9.3
 6.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Trashed Lost And Strung Out [EP] Reviewed by: fade2black2004, on december 07, 2005

Sound: I found this EP on-line one day so I decided to order it and man am I glad I did. It is definatly my favorite EP of all time. The guitar in it has sck solos, the drums are super fast and loud, and they keyboard fits in perfectly. I think this CD is more melodic then any of their other cds, it is probably the direction COB are heading towards from now on in future albums. Also on this CD is the Trashed, Lost, and Strung Out video, and a live video of it in japan I think. Bodom seem to get increasingly aggressive with each album they put out. Hatecrew Deathroll saw the beginning of Alexi's almost tuned down and heavier riffing, and this trend continues on this album. Janne Warman's keyboards are a little more profound on this release than they were on Hatecrew, and are used best on the track "Knuckleduster." As usual Bodom put out a slamming album full of technicality and virtuosity. The two covers are awesome. // 10

Lyrics: Well only 2 of the songs on this is new material (the others being covers of Andrew WK's "She Is Beautiful" and Alice Coopers "Bed Of Nails"). Children Of Bodom have never really been about lyrics but about the music, you can't really understand all of what Alexi is singing but it doesnt matter he has a great voice and it just goes perfect with the music. // 9

Overall Impression: I can't really compare this to other COB CDs, because it's only a 4 track EP but it still is a great CD for any COB fans to have. "KnuckleBuster" has to be my favorite song on their it got heavy, crunchy riffs, and random bad ass solos in it. This CD will never get lost or stolen because I won't let it! // 9

More Children Of Bodom reviews rating latest review