Pass Out Of Existance Review

chimaira: Pass Out Of Existance
Released: Aug 21, 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal
On an initial listen to Pass out of Existence, Chimaira sometimes bear the hallmarks of being little more than a copycat band following along in the scorched-earth wake of the mighty Slipknot.
 8.8
 9.7
 7.8
Pass Out Of Existance Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 25, 2005

Sound: I think that Chimaira's Pass Out OF Exixtance is one of the best metal albums ever. I think it has a good distortion and an all around killer tone. It is hard to find but if you can find it you will love the sound if you are a metal head. // 10

Lyrics: I think that Mark Hunter and Rob Arnold might possibly be the best metal combination ever. I think that the lyrics flow excellent with the song. Mark Hunter has a voice that I have never heard before, every time he opens a song with a yell I get cold chills. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of the album is awesome. I think it will go down as a heavy album that killed once Chimaira gets to be more known. It is by far their best album, even though it didn't sell many copies. I like it much better than Impossibility Of Reason. // 10

Pass Out Of Existance Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 20, 2005

Sound: This album gives a feeling of industrial metal witch electronic music, and my god it works! Tuning all the way down to A (yes readers, A), this is a metal album worth a listen or fifty. This album is a masterpiece. The tremolo palm muting is here by the barrel, and Chris gives the songs that dark edge that pushes it into industrial. // 10

Lyrics: At this point, Mark's lyrics, compared to TIOR, lack that killer roar on this album, though it is still there. The lyrics I feel are very personal, especially in the closing track 'Jade'. The lyrics "I want to be where you are, I miss you" is obviously very personal to him, it may be his mother or a loved one who passed away. Who knows. // 8

Overall Impression: I probably would buy this album again if I lost it or it was stolen because it is a classic and it shows potential of what was to come on 'The Impossibilty Of Reason." // 10

More Chimaira reviews rating latest review
+ Crown of Phantoms 6.7 08/01/2013