All's Well That Ends Well Review

chiodos: All's Well That Ends Well
Released: Jul 26, 2005
Label: Equal Vision
Genres: Punk-Pop, Alternative Metal, Emo, Punk Revival
Chiodos is truly a beacon of light in a sea of music cluttered by cookie cutter mediocrity. You heard it here first.
 9.5
 9.6
 9.3
All's Well That Ends Well Reviewed by: killmequickly28, on september 25, 2005

Sound: Awesome. That's all I can say about this album. It combines metal and emo and every cool ass element of music. The sound of this album is amazing. The guitars are great and the melodies of every song are extremely catchy. A must have for anyone. Trust me. // 10

Lyrics: The vocalist is badass. He has a high pitched voice but it's unlike anything you've ever heard. Think a mix of Coheed and Mars Volta's vocalist but in a sense better than both. The lyrics make sense and there isnt a dull moment on the album. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a must own album for anyone who likes music. This album has all the great elements of every genre of music that people indulge in today. Seriously, this band will hit it big in the near future. They are waaay too talented to do anything less. Pick this album up. I promise you if you are a fan of metal, hardcore, emo, alternative, rock, etc. this album will not dissappoint. Fav. songs are "All Nereids Beware," "Baby, You Wouldn't Last A Minute On The Creek," "There's No Penguins In Alaska," but the whole album is unbelievable. // 10

All's Well That Ends Well Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 24, 2007

Sound: This album takes getting used to. In this case, that's not a bad thing. The first time I listened to it, it seemed like noise. The second time I listened to it, I thought it was a solidly good album. The guitar parts are more complicated than most music being made these days. That might not be saying much, but rather than sounding like typical emo/metal/screamo/whatever guitar parts, they sound new. The drum beats are interesting, but they could lose some of the cymbals. But this impresses me the most: I can hear the bass parts. In most music that goes in their "category", I can't distinguish one bassist from another and they're all expendable. I like the bass on this album, though. I don't know anything about the creation of this album; I don't stalk Craigery Owens. This is also impressing: the band seems to be able to effortlessly jump from time signature to time signature, genre to genre, and mood to mood. In a split second, they can go from a piano rock ballad to a pop-punk anthem. The next thing you know, there will be a headbanger moment. Honestly, this is the most original album I've heard in a long time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are my least favorite part of the album. I never did find out whether or not they were stupid enough to believe there were penguins in Alaska, or whether or not their mothers got mad at them for breaking a lamp while moshing in the living room. Nope, they're all love songs, or something similar. However, the lyrics sound great with the music, that is, if you can comprehend them without peering into the colorful booklet they kindly provided. It sounds good to me. The singer... I don't know where to begin. Three cheers for Craigery. His voice sounds excellent on this recording. There is one problem, and it just might affect his voice later: You can tell his vocal cords are just screaming, "Help me! This man is abusing me! I'm going out, training please! I'm gonna die!" He is singing/screaming directly from his cords instead of his diapragm, and at times, you can just hear the pain in his pipes, usually after the screams. People might say that it doesn't matter, but it will when he blows them out like his friend Sonny Moore. // 8

Overall Impression: This album easily goes among my best. I can see why they would tour with From First To Last, the bands are quite similar in mannerisms and about equally talented. I love the originality and free spirit of it more than anything. But originality and free spirit can translate to "noise", so this isn't really for everyone. I hate the screaming. Can't one band of today refrain from doing that consistently? It defaces the purpose of the words they are trying to get across. I don't mind when it occurs occasionally, but when it's excessive, then I mind. I would burn a new CD off my computer if this were lost or stolen. The best songs on this CD are "All Nereids Beware", "Baby, You Wouldn't Last A Minute On The Creek", and "No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room". I'd recommend this CD to anyone who likes From First To Last or an MCR fan that can take something heavier than what they usually listen to. // 9

All's Well That Ends Well Reviewed by: slashchild, on june 14, 2008

Sound: Chiodos is a hardcore band fronted by one of my favorite singers, Craig Owens. The band actually got their name from the movie directors called the Chiodos Bros. Craig's singing is sweet. Jason's guitar playing is great and more complicated than most guitar parts in modern music. Pat's rhytym guitar is great, with nice chord shifts. Matt is a sweet bassist, and you can actually hear the bass loud and clear, which is usually a rarity in modern rock. Brad makes sweet effects on his keyboard and adds some beatiful melodies to mix up the heavy songs, and Derrick has some very nice and original drumming ideas, although the heavy use of cymbals can get annoying. Overall, Chiodos has an amazing sound, and they rocked my socks in concert. // 10

Lyrics: Craig Owens is one of the best singers I have ever heard. His voice is beatiful and high-pitched, but he can also make some awesome, brutal screams. Honestly, you wouldn't believe it's the same guy singing and screaming. The lyrics are the typical emo fare of lost love and crazy women, although one song(all nereids beware) is about being lost at sea. The only problems are the song titles usually have absolutely nothing to do with what the song is actually about, and Craig can sometimes hit bad notes when he goes back from screaming to singing. However, Craig is still one of my favorite singers ever. // 9

Overall Impression: In my opinion, this album is much better than "Bone Pallace Ballet", although that one is good too. My favorite songs are "All Nerieds Beware", "Expired in Goreville", "There's No Penguins In Alaska", "No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room", and "To Trixie and Reptile, Thanks for Everything", but all songs are great. I love Craig's amazing voice and how the band can easily play so many different genres of rock in one song. If it was stolen or lost, it wouldn't matter because I have the songs on my ipod, but I would probally buy a new copy anyway. // 10

All's Well That Ends Well Reviewed by: thegrounded, on may 01, 2007

Sound: The sound in All's Well That Ends Well is awesome. First, I have to give my congrats to Craig Owens for his awesome vocals. Although extremely high pitched, but very awesome. The instrumentals from light and drifty to heavy and tight show very much emotion. That's my favorite part of the album. Another congrats to Bradley Bell (Keyboards) for his leaving-in-awe and random flowing keystrokes, Jason Hale (Lead Guitar) for his sweet and original leads, Pat McManaman (Rhythm Guitar) for some awesome chord-shifts and rhythms during breakdowns, Matt Goddard (Bass Guitar) for his original and perplexing note shifts, and Derrick Frost (Drums) for his tight time signature changes throughout the album and original drumming ideas. // 10

Lyrics: Oh yes. The second-best part of the album, the lyrics. Craig Owens provides some extreme, emotional, and just-plain-awesome lyrics on this album. The lyrics here are my favorite of all the songs I've listened to. From lyrics about being lost at sea to songs about revenge show some great emotion. The downside to Craig Owens singing is when he sings louder he tends to lose the tune of the song and hit bad notes. That's the reason why I gave this part only a nine. It would be ten if he got some singing and screaming lessons. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is my favorite album. Period. It's just the best album I've ever heard. Others may have other opinions about it, I respect that. Here's the tracks of the album and the rating I give them. 01. Prelude - a sweet beginning to an album but it doesn't really get you at all prepared for the pulse-pounding song All Nereids Beware! 02. All Nereids Beware - awesome song. It is my 5th to favorite song on the album (and I gave it a five). 03. One Day Women Will All Become Monsters - sweet song. A little sexist but easy to understand because girls can be a little at times if you know what I mean. 04. Expired In Goreville - awesome, but a little short since the intro takes forever to finish because all it is is waves crashing, but the rest of the song is awesome. 05. Baby, You Wouldn't Last A Minute On The Creek - sweet, but a little repetitive. 06. The Words "best Friend" Become Redefined - awesome intro and bridge/outro but the middle of the song (I've been lying in this bed for weeks) is a tad boring. (still a great song! ) 07. Interlude, Pt. 1 - not much different from the Prelude. 08. There's No Penguins In Alaska - oh yes. 3rd to favorite song on the album. 09. Interlude, Pt. 2 - worst part of the album. I thought this song was a joke. 10. We're Gonna Have Us A Champagne Jam - awesome song, not in my top 5, though. 11. No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room - another awesome song. 2nd to favorite song on the album. 12. Who's Sandie Jenkins - awesome guitars and screaming. 4th to favorite song on the album. It would be tied with No Hardcore Dancing but it's a short song. 13. To Trixie And Reptile, Thanks For Everything - purely awesome. Best song on the album. (bonus tracks on CD/DVD version) 14. Baby, You Wouldn't Last A Minute On The Creek [Acoustic] - the original version of the song is better. 15. Queen Of Diamonds [acoustic/demo version/live] - the singing hurts mah ears! 16. Lindsay Quit Lollygagging [acoustic] - words cannot express how great this song is. If I lost/got this album stolen I would definetely rebuy it. // 10

More Chiodos reviews rating latest review
+ Devil 6.2 04/08/2014