See The Morning Review

chris tomlin: See The Morning
Release Date: Sep 26, 2006
Label: Sparrow
Genres: CCM, Praise & Worship
Like labelmate and fellow Texan David Crowder, Tomlin injects just a hint of his down-home roots into an otherwise rock-centric sound.
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
See The Morning Reviewed by: <Guitar4God>, on july 31, 2007

Sound: Tomlin really delivered in See the Morning. He mixes worship and musical enjoyment all at once. It has kind of a soft rock feel to it. Compared to his previous CD, Arriving, some of the soungs are comparable to his huge hits such as "How Great is our God" and "Holy is the Lord". Yet at the same time he brings us songs like "Made to Worship", and if you own the previous CD, you can compare it to "On our Side". He delivers somehwhat the same sound, but in a completely different way. He even throws in a choir here and there, and this cliche' is perfectly used on this CD. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are just as well written as the previous CD, some may be even better. They are great worship lyrics, and he even brings a new worship chorus to the classic "Amazing Grace" called "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone". He is a great writer, and it really shows in songs such as "Glory in the Highest" where he simply brags on God, something that Christians sometimes don't do enough of, so this CD impacts my life in a way. If you have never heard Chris Tomlin, he has a soft-like, worship leader voice, such as Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, and his voice may even be compared to Plain White T's if your into them. In conclusion, I don't think I have ever heard any better written lyrics from a modern worship artist. // 10

Overall Impression: If you enjoy peole like Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, David Crowder, you will most likely enjoy "See the Morning." One thing I just love about is the new songs. I have been listening to the same Chris Tomlin songs for the past 2 years, and it is great to finally here something new. I especially love "Glory in the Highest" and "My Chains are Gone". If I lost this CD (and I didn't have it on my mp3 already), I would buy again! If you've ever listened to Chris on CD or in concert, you know that he is using his God given talkents for the right reason, to praise Him. He has given Chris this amazing ability to play the piano, play the guitar, and sing. My impression of this CD is probably something like 20, but they seem to have restricted me to only give a score of 10. // 10

More Chris Tomlin reviews rating latest review