Lines In My Face Review

Released: Jun 22, 2004
Label: Interscope
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
Lines finds a workable formula in rangy, angry, or searching verses slipping easily into choruses of loud guitar and actual singing.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.6
 9.1
Lines In My Face Reviewed by: Heaviest Thing, on august 17, 2005

Sound: It's a pretty cool expierence to listen to this band due to there heart felt songs and there hip-hop and punk influences to create funk rock like that. It's just a diffrent expierence to listen to them and to think of the hardcore punk, rock, and hip-hop in this album to create a blast of diffrent sounds. The music could be annoying to thick headed mall punk music lovers though. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics for me hit home like in "Thank you" is just about saying, "Thank you for putting up with me." There are other harder themes like anti-war, heartfelt, sad, pist, and a few diffrent others to create a splash of diffrent sounds. It's manely a heartfelt album about the death of friends and family memebers. // 8

Overall Impression: This was there first album so I can't really compare it but I'd deffanteley buy there next album (if they have one). // 6

Lines In My Face Reviewed by: flying_chipmunk, on october 08, 2005

Sound: The sound of Chronic Future for me is totally unique. I have never heard a CD with so many different types of music put into one. Hip-hop and rap is fused with pop-punk and hardcore punk. This is definately a unique band that should be heard than they are now. Anyone that need a different type of music that is absolutely rare to find in today's music should pick up Lines in My Face from this truley amazing band. // 10

Lyrics: Chronic Future's lyrics go perfectly with they type of music they play they can break it down and play stuff that hits people whree they need to be hit like in the song "Thank You" (track 6 on the CD) has a line that plainly says thank you for setting my mind at ease. I mean this is band that knows what they are singing and will not change. Their lyrics go into such depths as meeting some of the most basic feelings anger, sadness, and juss plain out pist off. // 10

Overall Impression: Lines in My Face is a definate pick up for most everyone because of the shear diversity that it brings to the table and as far if it were lost I have lost my first copy and I bought another one that is how much I love this cd and this band and I hope that they can continue to make good music for coming years. // 10

Lines In My Face Reviewed by: Td_Nights, on january 08, 2007

Sound: The sound overall is rather phenominal, considering the range of the different styles of music. There is a mixture between hip-hop and more rock related styles, and the keyboards adapt well along with this. There is a nice use of bass in it as well, seeing as most bands who use the more general style of rock often overshadow it. In my personal opinion, very well written, and the transitions from style to style aren't bad either. // 10

Lyrics: First off, I'd like to point out that during the more hip-hop moments of their songs, the lyrics make quite a bit of sense, the song Memories In f Minor being one of the best. There is some screaming in here, but nothing death metal related, it just adds to the effect of the guitars. The lyrics in themselves are well written to go along with the songs, and there are a few moments when they are very soft/hard to understand, which in all the cases adds effect to the songs. // 10

Overall Impression: This album from Chronic Future is trully like nobody else that I've ever heard of. It mixes several styles of music including rock, hip-hop (being the main two) along with an anti-war song in my opinion (Time And Time Again, watch the music video if possible). The thing I can't stand about it is the hip-hop moments, but that's just a personal distaste I have, if you like both rock and hip-hop, this should be a deffinite buy. The music in itself is simple, but well written, well thought out, and well done overall. The most impressive songs would definitly be Thank You (6) which shows a more thankfull part of the band (obviously) considering that their other albums didn't have much success. I also favored Shell-Shocked which shows how it can feel being on the recieving end of something tragic. New York, NY describes someone's strive to make it big in the corperate (spell check) industry, and also I think shows the bands own disire to succeed as much as they should. I say buy this if you can, although I haven't heard much of them lately, so suggest get this while you can! I know that if something happened to mine, I'd search everywhere for another, hands down. // 10

Comments