Hell Hath No Fury Review

civet: Hell Hath No Fury
Released: Sep 9, 2008
Genre: Rock
Label: Hellcat Records
These beautiful kittens not only grab your attention with their hypnotic look. They are the real deal.
 8.9
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Hell Hath No Fury Reviewed by: PoshBoy, on march 11, 2009

Sound: Prepare for the invasion of feme punk rock. I already know what you're going to say "An actual all female hardcore band" which poses the question, can women real help with healing punk rock? These beautiful kittens not only grab your attention with their hypnotic look, but the melodies and harmonies are making the punks from the mid 80's say "WTF?" They are the real deal; imagine a beautiful rose, bleeding ruby red cause it was cut with an awkward saw. Edgy yet catchy. You'll be screaming along. // 8

Lyrics: Liza Graves has the raspy voice of Bonnie Tyler but the body of the former Mrs. Broody Armstrong. Is it possible? Guess so. Although her yells, screams, and singing demand your respect at times she seems to be reaching notes that are above her pay grade. The track "Son of a Bitch" makes you pogue but not quite slam. The lyrics are somewhat predictable but they certainly deliver. Unfortunately I heard there album "Massacre" before and that album sports their abilities in a far more hardcore fashion. // 8

Overall Impression: Do not compare them to Kittie, the Distillers, or even Hole. Try more like Motorhead on rock-n-roll cocaine. Lemme would be proud. All members are no joke bad ass at their instruments and have formed a bond with music that will not go unnoticed. My 13 year old daughter won't stop listening to the album and neither can I. Can you believe that. Punk has a future? I adore the edgy music and the courage to shred like a boy. They are without a doubt THE rising stars of punk rock. Punks across the globe, these Betties just sky rocketed women 10 years in rock. // 8

Comments