An Answer Can Be Found Review

Released: Jun 28, 2005
Label: Island
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Alternative Metal, Punk Revival, Post-Grunge
This album is just amazing. They sound incredable with all the effects, hand movements, foot movements, and such.
 Lyrics: 9.8
 9.7
 9.8
 9.5
An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: Guitar Skater, on july 13, 2005

Sound: I have never heard a CD like this before, I don't know where to begin. I have been waiting for this CD since they finished the BOTNA tour. The first track Suddenly Tragic kicks off the amazing record with a simple drum beat follwed by Derons Amazing Riff. Chad Ginsburg lets out everything on the solo something never seen on a CKY record before. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics ranger from revenge to haunting and a hero saving the day to a song about girls who like guys with money. Deron Miller's voice to me has improved dramatically for the better. With his overdubbed vocal harmonies give me chills. // 10

Overall Impression: I was a little pissed cause they still use the octave pedal in all but 2 songs. I would think theyd want to change it up a bit which they did by using no moog synths or keyboards, the only effects I notice are wah, octave delay, flange and phase and they work out well. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: CkY freak, on june 30, 2005

Sound: This CD is the greatest Cky album yet. On this CD, Deron and Chad bust out some of the most craziest riffs ever. Chad pulls some amazing guitar solos on the record, my favorite ones are Familiar Realm, and Tripled Manic State. Deron shows that he can also play acoustic guitar extremely well, on the song Behind The Screams, which is an instrumental. The music is very aggressive, but without being metal. This is truely a fantastic CD. // 10

Lyrics: Deron uses a wide range of vocals on this record, he has an amazing voice in my opinion. He sings very well on all the tracks, but he can get a little "harder" on tracks, Sniped being a great example of this. If you read the lyrics, they are amazing, you can get stuff out of the lyrics, and you can understand what Deron's talking about. // 10

Overall Impression: This is by far, Cky's greatest CD yet. I love every single song on this album, it is so so great, and unbelievably good, it would be very very difficult to pick just one favorite song. There is not one thing I would change about this album, I would leave it the way it is. If it were stolen or lost, I would go buy it again right away. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 01, 2005

Sound: Everything is so perfect about this CD. The sound is so full and has that heavier kick to it without the metal screaming. I love the tube scremers, overdrives, and incredible sustain chad uses in his guitar solos especially in "Familiar Realm." The sustain in "Don't hold your breath," one of the more mellow songs on the CD, is simply amazing. The music is just incredible. "An Answer Can Be Found" is deffinatly a must buy CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really good and have good meanings behind them. Along with the lyrics is some great vocal talent. Unlike some vocalists, you can hear what hes saying clearly without skimming through the lyric booklet. I love how its actual singing as well. I myself dont prefer screaming so this cd won a 5 from me on that one. // 10

Overall Impression: One of the best yet from CKY. I myself love every song but I especially love "Dressed In Decay" the guitar riffs are awesome and had my hooked the first time I heard it. Everything is just amazing on it. It'll be in my stereo for quite some time! // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 01, 2005

Sound: I was definately blown away by the new CKY CD; the sounds, solos and just the general feel was mindblowing; also it was hard rock enough to keep IDR and Volume 1 fans saisfied, but soft enough to bring in more fans and even better! You can jam it infront of anyone! // 10

Lyrics: Of course Deron brings it home with his deep insiteful lyrics. In my view a Machiavelli of our time. The lyrics this time around also give a more personal view into CKY's minds and souls. // 10

Overall Impression: I think anyone who enjoys music or music that pumps you up, needs to get their hands on "An Answer Can Be Found." Definately "Familiar Realm" applies to almost all of us, "Behind The Screams" is just a very personal and awe inspiring song, and "All Power To Slaves" is just bad ass. This CD is just irreplaceable and I can't wait until the next CKY. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: flashfury6481, on july 02, 2005

Sound: I was a bit nervous before popping the new CD into my player, hoping I would get the same quality album that IDR was. But no more than 5 seconds into the CD did I recognize the familiar CKY sound, a little older, a bit more matured, but it definintely had me thinking, "I love this CD already." The sound was everything I expected and more the second half of the album slows down a little, but still hooks you in. This is a band with a lot of potential and a very unique approach to music. // 10

Lyrics: Deron Miller's lyrics are just what I want to hear and expect. They embody the raw intensity of what CKY stands for. They're intelligent, thought provoking, and appeal to the side of us that just wants to let go. They are, to me at least, very liberating, and honest. The lyrics ans singing fit right in with the music. It all fits in with the signature CKY sound. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is another big step in the history of CKY. Some say they have yet to prove their credibility as a true band. In my eyes, they have a while ago. It is exciting to hear what they will come up with next, and I have yet to see them live, I'll bet it is an ass kicking show. Suddenly tragic is an excellent track. It has the great CKY sound you love and hooks you right into the next track. Familiar Realm is also excellent and very much radio worthy. I feel it is time for this band to have more exposure, but then again, if they became too mainstream, would they still be the CKY we love? Most likely. They have developed a fantastic sound all their own and are all very talented musicians with no fear to be independent. An answer can be found is all that which I would expect from CKY and more. I would encourage anyone to pick it up, whether you've been a CKY fan from the beginning or are looking for some great, new music that doesn't sound like every other band out there. I now consider them on my top 3 bands of all time list. Their sound really hits home and I can totally relate to the whole CKY music and attitude. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2005

Sound: Overall, I love the sound, they bring out the good classic CKY feel to it, with a bit more OOMPH to it, this one gets a 5! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very meaningfull on this record, very in depth. The lyrics go perfect with the riffage, probably the best I've heard. The singer is also one of the best, my man Deron Miller. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, compared to all the new artists out today, CKY owns them all, bands like Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Chevelle, Crossfade, have no originality CKY decks it out, perfect everytime! My personal favorites are "All Power To Slaves" which has a fantastic solo in it, and "Suddenly Tragic" which is a great starter to the album, and ending it with "Don't Hold Your Breath" is the perfect song to signal the end of the record and the beginning of CKY's journey to take over the music business! If I lost it, or someone decided to steal it, I would buy 2 more copies just in case, thats how great this album is! A must buy! CKY has done it again! // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2005

Sound: This album has to be the best one by CKY. I found all the songs on this album very good. On this album they have a very hard sound, but on a couple tracks they show their melodic sides and slow it down a bit. "Behind The Screams" an instrumental song, has to be one of the most breath taking things I have ever heard. Also Chad has added some guitar solos on this album, something they really never did on their past albums. Many different effects are used on this album which makes the songs more interesting. Jess is an amazing drummer and has created excellent drum beats that fit perfectly with all the other instruments. CKY's sound on this album is much like on their past albums, but you can tell they have matured in to amazing musicians. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are excellent. Deron does a good job with singing the lyrics so that the people listening to the songs can understand what he is singing. The lyrics on this album really fit in with how the music sounds. Deron screams a few times on this album which sounds pretty good and fits in with all the instruments. Deron has oviously put a lot of effort in to his lyrics and guitar riffs, which makes this album amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: CKY has a unique and different sound than any other artist or band. "An Answer Can Be Found" is similar in some parts to their past records, but totally different in other aspects. My personal favorite tracks on this album are "Suddenly Tradgic," "Behind The Screams" and "As The Tables Turn." I got this CD the first day it came out which was a few days ago, and I haven't stopped listening to it. Overall, this has to be the best album by this great band, CKY. The CD features a hilarious video of Brandon Dicamillo interviewing CKY. Also an infomercial advertising this album can be found on www.rockadio.com, which also stars Bran. I would recomend this album to everyone I know, because it is extremely well done. This CD is a must for every CKY fan on this planet. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 04, 2005

Sound: Blown away! I knew it was gonna be great but this exceeded my expectations by far. The sound is so genuine and full of energy. Sniped is just ridiculously good, so is Tripled Manic State. // 10

Lyrics: Deron's always stood out as a really really good songwriter to me and that still stands. This album does him Chad and Jess much justice. // 10

Overall Impression: This blows away everything. Vol1 and IDR were great but this just crushes them. Most impressed by Sniped because it finally shows all the metal in Deron. I mean wow, amazing. I love everything, it flows perfectly and just all goes together so well, shame on anybody for hating something about this album. I would buy 10 more copies. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 04, 2005

Sound: The sound on the new CD is unbelievable. This is by far the best CD I have ever heard, which is especially crazy seeing as I said the same for IDR (their 2nd CD) only a few months ago. Go buy this CD. The guitar and voice sound amazing and Jess keeps the beat nicely on the set. // 10

Lyrics: Deron is my favorite singer. He has some major vocal talent and can scream incredibly well when he wants to. His lyrics don't follow any paterns and he doesn't write about ex-girlfriends or people who don't understand him. They tell stories and are insightful. // 10

Overall Impression: AACBF could be stolen from me 1 thousand times and I would buy it again on each occassion. Aside from their great sound on this CD, the band interacts with their fans on such a great level that it would be wrong for me to not buy it each time. It is their best CD yet, and the other 2 are both incredible. They have outdone themselves with an answer can be found. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 06, 2005

Sound: An Answer Can Be Found sounds absolutely amazing. I am a CKY fan from way back and even I was amazed at the quality of the album. I always knew that it would be an amazing but this album is an abslute masterpeice. The guitar, bass and drums all fit perfectly and almost effortlessly together. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are as always amazing. Deron has a very unique imagination and is extremely talented in the way that he puts his ideas into words. I have never heard any lyrics as compelling as Deron's. Deron is not only a genious when it comes to writing the lyrics but he is also an amazing singer. He is extremely good at arranging the lyrics and portaying them to the audience. It's also good to hear Deron going back to his death metal roots with Sniped. I couldn't say one bad thing about the lyrics or the singing. // 10

Overall Impression: The thing I love the most about CKY is their originality. There is no band out there that sounds even somewhat similar to them. It's also kind of reassuring to know that if a band was to try to recreate there sound not only would that band look rediculously stupid but CKY would just come out with something so much better and original. Another thing I love about CKY is their dedication and respect for their fans, which is why their fans have so much respect for them, I am proud to be part of the Alliance. Its almost an honour to be a fan of such an amazing band and I am proud to do some shameless free advertising for them. My favourite songs on An Answer Can Be Found would have to be Suddenly tragic, that song alone totally blows their previous album Infiltrate. Destroy. Rebuild out of the water, Behind The Screams, I have never heard such a beautiful song. I am not the biggest fan of instrumentals but I could listen to that song all day. But But my favourite song on AACBF is All Power To Slaves, a song about the minority dethroning the majority, dedicated to the Alliance. There isnt one bad thing I could possibly say about this album. If it were to be stolen ten thousand times I would go and buy a new copy every time. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 07, 2005

Sound: Simply amazing. CKY has always had their own original sound and it stays true for AACBF. Now with the addition of solos, their sound takes on a whole new form. Their solos are amazing with a sound of their own. The riffs too, beautiful, a masterpiece of an album. // 10

Lyrics: Deron has pulled out his greatest lyrics for the new album. Singing about topics like a person who dies and haunts someone to make ammends for what they've done, or where an assassin gets his before he causes chaos, telling you to "break out and carry on", or giving power to those whom society things insignificant. His lyrics are inspiring and motivational. // 10

Overall Impression: This album stands alone. Not one other album can compare, nobody comes even close to An Answer Can Be Found. You should definately check out "Suddenly Tragic," "All Power To Slaves," and "Tripled Manic State." If you like heavier stuff then "sniped" and softer songs: "Don't Hold Your Breath" & "Behind The Screams." // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 08, 2005

Sound: The band has a totally unique sound, but this album they have obviously returned to their metal roots, with crazy solo's, but then ohter songs like "Behind The Screams" they play acoustic softly. CKY obviously make the music they wanna make and hear and don't disappoint, I would say at the moment I do prefer IDR, but a couple of songs on here are brilliant. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics I've never really noticed but clearly CKY care what there singing about and are great musicians and miller is a great lyricist who delivers the lyrics perfectly with his voice. // 10

Overall Impression: In my opinion this probably has 2 of CKY's best ever songs on it, "Deceit Is Striking Gold" and "Dressed In Decay", phenominal songs, I just love these songs, completely worth buying the whole album just for them, but the other songs are great too, I would def buy again if I lost it because CKY rock, however I'm not a huge metal fan, so the solo's in some songs are not as hard hitting as something like flesh into gear, but the most impressive thing about CKY is the consistency to keep delivering amazing riffs which suddenely impresses. // 8

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 12, 2005

Sound: CKY's new sound is unlike anything I've ever heard. All the crazy effects they have going at once is just awesome. There haven't really been any solos on previous CKY albums, but on "An Answer Can Be Found" there is a solo for just about every song, and they are amazing. This CD is everything that CKY stands for, they have worked tirelessly for years on this album and it turned out better than anyone could have hoped. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on "An Answer Can Be Found" are by far the best, most thought out lyrics I have heard in a long time. Deron (lead singer) is really an extremely gifted vocalist, and it shows on this album. Whether he is screaming in "Sniped" or soothingly singing in "Don't Hold Your Breath" he performs flawlessly. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I'd have to say that I have not heard an album released in the past few years that even compares to AACBF. They are one of the few bands left today that are 100% original. The most impressive songs on the album from my perspective are: "Suddenly Tragic," "All Power To Slaves," "As The Tables Turn" and "Don't Hold Your Breath." I love everything about it and I would definitely buy another if I lost this one. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2005

Sound: An Answer Can Be Found is rock at its best. CKY doesn't conform to any genre of music. They have their own sound. It is great to hear a band that is so refreshing. This record doesn't fall into the same rut that rock music is stuck in right now. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics go right with songs. They talk about many things and give everybody something to grab on to. // 8

Overall Impression: CKY still has their same great guitar riffs but you can hear that they have matured in their music. They have a classical guitar interlude called "Behind The Screams" and maybe some more catchy songs like "Familiar Realm." Even with the new they still have their old great sound with songs like "Suddenly Tragic" and "All Power To Slaves." // 8

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: ckypirateking, on july 25, 2005

Sound: One word, amazing! Deron and Chad are so well formed in guitar playing. Deron plays "Behind The Screams" (special feature) in Bam's movie about Ryan dunn called Haggard. When I first heard Deron playing it I was blown away when I got AACBF and I discovered it was on there I was so exited. Familiar Realm's solo is awesome, Suddenley Tragic is my favorite song on there only because it has the best riff. And Jess's drum beats are so awesome, the rhythem is so gut busting. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing, as any CKY song. The best lyrics are on "Suddenly Tragic" Deron's voice is amazing. He can scream and do choir vocals. The lyrics go perfect with the music. I cannot wait to see them in San Diego. // 10

Overall Impression: CKY is an amazing group who dont get enough credit for what they do. They are simply awesome and next to perfect. Again, the best songs on the album are: "Suddenly Tragic," "Behind The Screams" and "Deceit Is Striking Gold." Once again CKY is an amazing, they deserve more credit then what they get. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 23, 2005

Sound: Holy flying dung beetle! This album sounds so good, you could name ure first born child after it. The first time I heard this album I was shocked that after all these years they could still pump out amazing albums. The solos are a welcomed alternative to the extended riffs, like on IDR. The grungey, metal sound they have had since they started is still mind blowing. Completely new, original complicated riffs from one of the best bands ever. // 10

Lyrics: Deron's singing sounds varied in every song. He hits no 'bum' notes and sounds consistant through then whole album. The lyrics, like in the other albums, are nothin short of awesome. They are so catchy you will be immediately enveloped into the meaning of every song. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is an amazing follow up to their Infiltrate, Destroy, Rebuild album. AACBF is so addictive I can't stop listening to it; it's with me everywhere I go! I would recommend this album to anyone into complicated riff, great lyrics and an addictive sound. AACBF is the best album I've heard in a long time. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 24, 2005

Sound: As soon as the riff kicks in on the first song "Suddenly Tragic" you can tell its CKY, the same great sound as they always have had. The songs vary so much from "Tripled Manic State" as fast and rocking song to mellow chill out songs like "Don't Hold Your Breath" and an acoustic instrumental "Behind The Screams" proves they are not a one style band and can be great whatever they try to do. There isn't a bad track on this album, each song has been my favourite at one point since I bought this CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are regular cky style and have improved since their earlier albums, Lyrics that I seem to love are those in "Dressed In Decay," "Deceit Is Striking Gold," "As The Tables Turn" and "Don't Hold Your Breath." Deron's singing on this album is great on every track, His voice sounds amazing on every track. // 10

Overall Impression: This is on par and maybe better than their older albums I love CKY so much and don't understand why they arnt more famous than they are other than the fact of Bam Margera, I dont like fans that just like songs like "96 Quite Bitter Beings" as it's on Jackass. Ok thats how I found out about them but I grown to love all their songs. But back to this album, All the songs are amazing especially those I have mentioned. I would buy this album again if I lost it and it is worth watching not just for the music but the video that comes with it. Of Brandon interviewing CKY it is so funny, Brandon is proving he doesn't need Bam as he edited it himself and is really great. I love it. Lack of bass is its only downfall but other than that get this album if you haven't! // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 29, 2006

Sound: It's alternative rock/experimental music. I love CKY because they have a unique sound that I haven't really heard from any one else. The guitar work on this album is much better then past albums, and even contains solos on many songs. They make good music and are deserve more credit then the get. // 9

Lyrics: Deron can write some really good lyrics. I understand what he is talking about. His voice goes really well with the music. You can really feel the energy in his voice especially in Sniped, and Deceit is Striking Gold. // 10

Overall Impression: The only other album I have from them is IDR. An Answer can be Found, is similar to IDR, but it has a much heavier sound to it. I am glad I bought this album. The best songs are Familiar Realm, Suddenly Tragic, Sniped, and Tripled Manic State. I would definately buy this album again. There really isn't anything bad about this album, it took me a couple of listens to get used to a few of the songs, but now I like each song. It isn't all that often really good CDs are made, this band is original and they make great rock records. // 10

An Answer Can Be Found Reviewed by: CampKillUrslf, on august 26, 2006

Sound: The sound is very different than Volume 1 or IDR because CKY has upped their musicianship on An Answer Can Be Found. Chad Ginsburg has the duty of solos on the album, unlike on the previous albums where there were no solos. They wanted to put out a perfectly recorded album and they did just that. Also, unlike IDR, AACBF was produced with no synthesizers. CKY has a very unique and catchy sound. Like on their first 3 album's, they utilize the boss OC-2 to achieve their sound along with some distrotion. As always, frontman Deron Miller has done it again with amazing riffs in songs like Suddenly Tragic, Dressed in Decay, and All Power to Slaves that make you listen to the album over and over and over again. // 9

Lyrics: Deron Miller ceases to amaze me with his talent. He writes great riffs and he also writes great lyrics. The lyrics fit well with the songs. For instance, tough and gritty riffs in Tripled Manic State and Sniped are accompanied by tough and gritty lyrics. On this album, Deron's backing vocals are better than ever. They give the album even more of a harmonic feel. // 8

Overall Impression: The only thing to compare the previous albums are their guitar tones and attitude. AACBF is a large step up for CKY. They really proved that they are accomplished musicians. When I first popped the CD while driving away from the CKY meet n greet the day AACBF was released, I knew that it wasn't going to sound like Vol. 1 or IDR. I'm saying that in a good way because how many bands that you listen to that have only produced 3 full albums most of the time sound the same, well not with CKY. There isn't one song on the album that I skip when I listen to AACBF. Some favorites from the album include Dressed in Decay, All Power to Slaves, Tripled Manic State, and Sniped. I would absolutly go out and buy another copy of An Answer Can Be Found if it was stolen. So pretend someone stole your copy (even if you don't own a copy yet) and go buy CKY's 3rd album An Answer Can Be Found! // 9

More Cky reviews rating latest review
+ CKY, Vol. 1 9.2 04/29/2011