Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Review

9.4
 9.3
reviews (14) user comments vote for this album:
Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: CkY freak, on october 02, 2004

Sound: Ok, this is a great cd, I was very impressed with this cd, I bought it because I had heard 1 song off of it, so I went to get it. Everything is great about this record, the guitars sound great, and they added more "moogs" then the previous record, moogs are sounds made with keyboards, its hard to describe them, and they put them in at the right times in the songs, Cky knows how to make a song sound good. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics and meanings of the songs have more meaning in this cd, this time around they sung more about life, and things that happen in life, I think Deron Miller has a great voice, and shows that in this cd, and also shows that he can write good songs. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is Cky's greatest cd yet. What impressed me most about this cd was that they are not just all hard rock/metal like people and myself thought. One of the songs on it, titled "Close Yet Far" is a soft acoustic song thats just as good as any other song. I think the most impressive songs are songs like "Escape From Hellview", "Flesh Into Gear", "Close Yet Far", "Inhuman Creation Station" and my favorite, "Frenetic Amnesic". I love everything about this cd, every cd they have come out with has gotten better, and the next cd will probably be even better than this one. If this cd was stolen or lost, I would just go to my computer and burn it because I saved it on my cpu, but if I didn't have a computer, I would go buy it again immediately. Even if you don't like Cky, I would suggest buying this cd, you wont be dissapointed. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2003

Sound: This is the best cd I have ever heard. Cky has the most original songs, riffs, and cant really be categorized. It's just strait up rock which the world has been needing due to the lack of talent and originality from other bands today. This CD will NEVER get old. I repeat NEVER. // 10

Lyrics: Awesome lyrics, music and original topics. Deron Miller has an awesome rock voice. It's like nothing you've ever heard before. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is definitely worth buying. I would have definitely bought this CD twice if it was stolen. I can't find anything about this CD I don't like. Every song is completely awesome and original. CKY even uses mini moogs to give some of their songs some awesome effects. CKY is like NO OTHER BAND. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: haines62, on march 16, 2004

Sound: CKY is probably unlike any other band on the market. Their sound is wonderful from Chad and Derons punchy innovative riffs to Jess's awesome drum technique, to Derons voice which is also very good. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very innovative, and fit perfectly with the music. Deron has a wonderful voice and is a natural when it comes to writing lyrics. This album trancends many sub-genre's of rock and is a totally different experience. // 10

Overall Impression: The best song on the album (In my opinion) is Escape from hellview which is kind of a sequel to a song on one of their earlier albums, the guitar is excellent and the vocals are also done really well on this track. Other good songs are: Inhuman Creation Station, Sink into the Underground, Shock and Terror, Flesh into gear, Attached at the hip, which that is the majority of the album. If this album was stolen I would definitely buy it again, as a matter of fact I sat on the disc like two weeks after I got it, snapped it in half and ended up buying it again. I would definitely recommend this album. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2004

Sound: They seem to have a deep, heavy, bassy type of sound. Chad and Daron have some pretty creative riffs. I wish they would a little more variety in their playing. It kind of pumps you up. // 8

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics are okay, but what is up with, "I caught my daughter giving head to my brother." Daron definitely has a deep heavy voice. // 6

Overall Impression: I like they are a talented band, but it just goes to show you that Bam Margera can make any relatively-talented band world reknown. I'm not trying to take anything away from the band, but it seems their own popularity is. // 8

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: LedZeppelin, on march 29, 2004

Sound: The sound is very bass-heavy (which gets kind of annoying after a while) and simplistic. The riffs are repetitive and boring. To be honest, I only listen to this when I've got nothing else to listen to. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics is where cKy really shines. They're deep, well-thought out, and have a lot of meaning to them. Every song is used as a metaphor, which is very clever and they all kind of fit together. The singer has a fairly average voice- it's kind of boring, but on songs like Escape From Hellview he does an awesome job. // 10

Overall Impression: I've never heard any cKy CD's, so I can't compare it...the most impressive songs are Escape From Hellview, Flesh Into Gear, Sporadic Movement, and Inhuman Creation Station. Close Yet Far does an admirable job of trying to be soft and acoustic, but just ends up being overly theatrical and annoying. If it was lost or stolen, I probably wouldn't buy it again. In my opinion, only buy this if you like cKy or want to listen to some really profound lyrics. // 8

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 26, 2004

Sound: I was Very impressed with cKy's abillity to combine post-grunge rock with kind of a "Our Music Will Kill Your Music" kind of style. // 10

Lyrics: There was only one song I did not like as well as the other lyrics. It was "Sink Within The Underground". But If you want to know what songs are worth your While They are: Escape From Hellview, Flesh Into Gear, Attatched at The Hip, Frentic Amnesic, Shock And Terror, Inhuman Creation Station, and Sporatic Movement. The lyrics were way more than just some guy selling the lyrics to them. // 10

Overall Impression: I can't stand it when people compare H.I.M. To cKy because HIM's gay-sounding lyrics don;t come close to cKy's hard-rockin, speaker-blowing sound. I would defanitely replace it if it were stolen. The most impressive songs were the songs I listed above. I love evrything about it. The poster was killer inside the inserted album art. If there was anything you liked or hated about my review e-mail me at austinlgossett@hotmail.com. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: JIBTEXHNKA, on april 27, 2004

Sound: I love this cd, CKY combines heavy distortion and metal sounding guitar with catchy melodic riffs that you can listen to over and over because they're original, they dont sound like any other band out there. And you would think the singer would scream out the lyrics but he sings in a way that just blends everything together. Very good. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing. Like someone else said, almost all of them are some kind of metaphor for a real life experience. It goes great with the music because it seems so different but it flows so good. The singer isn't amazingly skilled but hes perfect for the sound they are trying to get. // 10

Overall Impression: I woulnd't compare it to anything else ive heard, ESPECIALLY not H.I.M., they suck ass. If it were stolen, I would buy 2 more and keep one locked up in case the other one was stolen again. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 18, 2004

Sound: I know this is really late to be doing this for idr(especially since they're working on their new album)but IDR needs to be brought to justice... Their sound is completly original.. like nothing i've ever heard.. the styles are original and as far as I know hasnt been named yet.this is definatly the best album ive ever heard... i've had it since september 24, 2002... i still listen to it everyday! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great... Deron writes some of the greatest lyrics i've ever heard... every song has a story.even if the album was instrumental it would still be great but the lyrics really make it whole.Deron's voice is GREAT... i read a review from someone named "led zeppelin" that said deron's voice sucked... its at least 100 times better than robert plant's annoying voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to volume one... this is a great improvement... the most impressive songs on the album are "escape from Hellveiw", "Frenetic Amnesic", "Shock and Terror", "In-human Creation Station", "Sparadic Movement" and "Close Yet Far"... although close yet far is a ballad... its still great. I love everyting about it. The riffs, the guitar effects, the lyrics, the vocals, the drumming... everything. I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen I would definatly buy it again... i already had to because my first one got scratched to hell... its definatly worth buying.it is no doubt The Best Album Ever! // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 21, 2004

Sound: CKY has a sound of their own. CKY Vol.1 sounded a little bit like some Zeppelin stuff, but IDR was amazing it was like nothing I've ever heard before the guitar was spectacular! Jess' drums and Vern's bass played perfect together. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics couldn't have been better. Derons voice is definately one of the greatest I've ever heard. The height of the album lyric wise, must have been "Escape From Hellview", "Close Yet Far", "Inhuman Creation Station". The lyrics have definately improved since Vol. 1. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this album was amazing, never have I ever felt so amazed by an album. If it were lost or stolen I'd definately buy it again. IDR is positively worth buying. I love everything about it. I'd say that all of the songs are impressive. I went to CKY's concert in the Redlands in my and they were amazing! CKY doesn't compare to any band in the history of music. My only complaint about the album is that it didn't have more tracks. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 09, 2004

Sound: CKY is undoubtedly the most original band out there and IDR is a shining example of this. Some of you say that it's really bass heavy. Here's a solution, turn the bass down on your stereo not so hard. Some of you *cough*LedZepplin*cough* also say that the riffs are boring. You must be def then seeing as it takes a musical genius to just come up with this stuff and it's hardly boring. CKY has it's own style, there may be hints of other styles of metal and such but it's wonderfully blended into this unique sound. They sound much more unique and refined that Vol. 1. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are a bit dark at times, but genius none-the-less. Some of the lyrics definately show Deron's love for the horror movie genre. The lyrics and the music blend perfectly. I find it very easy to sing as I play all of the songs that I am able to. Deron's voice is phenominal. When paired with Chad's backup vocals, absolutely mind-blowing. // 10

Overall Impression: The whole band has greatly improved since Volume 1. I must clear something up though, The band consists of Deron (Lead guitar/Lead vocals), Chad (Guitar/Backup vocals), and Jess (Drums). Vern had nothing to do with the recording process, he was only for live shows. The most impressive songs are Escape From Hellview, Shock&Terror, Inhuman Creation Station, and Close Yet Far. I love everything about it. Every aspect is completely amazing. If this cd were stolen, I'd beat the living crap out of whoever took it, and then buy a new one. If I couldn't get it back, I would definately buy this again. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: FLESH_INTO_GEAR, on september 13, 2004

Sound: Lots of crazy good timed riffs and evil sounding effects from a moog and a combination of Boss Chorus pedals. CKY are inspired by other great bands such as GG Allin and Malevolent Creation. The opening track Escape From Hellview is a horror song with heavy riffs and goes along the same storyline as The Classic '96 Quite Bitter Beings' which everybody seems to know. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are all genius. They go together so well and non of them are just filling in the songs. the timing is great with the riffs and Deron Miller Can play guitar brilliantly whilst singing. He is a brilliant singer aswell. // 10

Overall Impression: IDR is a masterpiece and everybody should at least listen to it once. Don't listen to Kerrang and what they say about Cky, who are they to say if music is good or not, especially when they feature Avril Lavigne and Good Charlotte. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2004

Sound: CKY's style is unique besides the fact that they had a Jackass-style show named after them. Drummer Jess Margera's simple, yet perfectly placed beats give the perfect base to the deep sounds of Deron Miller, Chad Ginsburg and the bassist. All the guitar riffs go amazingly well the lyrics of Miller and produce the perfect imagery. best guitar work is on "Escape From Hellview," "Attached At The Hip" and "Inhuman Creation Station." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are those of a heavy metal band. Dark imagery about the monsters that go bump in the night. They are also those of a hardcore punk band, citing the disillusionment with a girls obsessions. Amazing. The imagery conveyed by the lyrics, like I said, is perfectly in tune with the music. Millers raw vocals also give a hauntingly amazing feel to this album. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is a mile ahead of vol's 1 and 2. It is one of those rare albums that I can listen to from the first notes of the first song to the ringing out of the last chord in the last song Over And Over Again. I love the entire album and I would definitely have to find the theif and kick his ass and steal 14 dollars from him to buy the cd again, should someone steal it. I wanted to give this a 5 1/2 but that's not an option. // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2005

Sound: The music is bassy and the riffs are great and catchy. The quality is good and with extra bass, the music is beyond amazing. The music is like grunge-rock, and some of them are more alternative while others are heavier. Cky really doesn't have a specific classification, but if you like one of their songs you'll most likely like all of them. // 10

Lyrics: Personally I like Deron's voice a lot. The lyrics have subliminal messages so people who don't really understand the background of the band won't really get them. Even if you don't understand the lyrics, they fit perfectly with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: This Cky CD is one of my favorites. All the songs are great in their own ways, so I wouldn't say that I have a favorite because they all are totally unique, but ones I like a lot are Reo Bravo, Flesh Into Gear and Sporadic Movement. If you put the CD in the computer there are music videos that include the Cky crew (Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Bran Dicamillo, Raab and Rake Yohn). // 10

Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild Reviewed by: emo123, on december 03, 2007

Sound: This album really stands out in the eyes of fans and critics alike. CKY really breaks away from the simple chord progressions many hard rock/punk bands tend to use. So instead of just a E, G, D progression, they would throw a jaw dropping riff into the mix. For thst reaso, this album is very hard to tab. It's very powerful throughout the album, except for the last song on the album, Close Yet Far. I do wish there were a few more heartfelt songs on the album however. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are the low part of the album. Not much really stands out from every other band out there. A lot of violent lyrics and brainless repetativeness. However, Close Yet Far, and Escape from Hellveiw stand out. Escape from helveiw is a sequal to a previously recorded song- 96 Quite Bitter Beings. The story line is great and the band puts an image in your head that prepares you for the rest of the album. Close yet far, however, closes the album with lyrics from the heart and slower paced music. After hearing this song I called my ex girlfriend and got back together because this song remainded me of the lonlieness I was feeling and that we all feel. It was extremly powerful. // 6

Overall Impression: The lyrics let me down but the powerful drums and driving guitars make up for its low point. Anyone who is a fan of tough, loud, music needs to stop reading this reveiw and buy a copy now. It's a great CD if you're the type of person who finds the music more important than the lyrics. If it was lost of stolen, I'd buy another one without a doubt. // 8

More Cky reviews rating latest review
+ CKY, Vol. 1 9.2 04/29/2011