The Elephant Riders Review

clutch: The Elephant Riders
Release Date: Apr 14, 1998
Label: Columbia
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Grunge, Alternative Metal
The Elephant Riders finds the band continuing the stylistic breakthroughs of Clutch, sharpening their guitar attack while adding subliminal elements of funk to their rhythms.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Elephant Riders Reviewed by: MrBucket, on may 06, 2006

Sound: Very oldschool, with a still "exciting" sound to it. A very heavy and deep feel to it especially in the 12 minute track "Dragonfly" which has a sleigh bells sound for a while then silence and a blow-up-in-your-face comeback moment to it. The Elephant Riders is full of deep guitar riffs. // 9

Lyrics: Most of the songs have a Cat in the Hat rhyme to it but it sounds great, but some people may get annoyed at the lack of different lyrical beats, but I happend to love it. The lyrics are very regular life orriented, so to speak. "The Yeti" has a very odd story telling element within it making it a very good "recitable" song. // 8

Overall Impression: First Clutch album I've heard and I have no real complaints, fits perfectly with me, anyone else should try this one on for size. Since most ofthe songs sound alike and with a few lead ins to the next songs, its best when played just straight through. But, defitenly a major head bangin/bobber album. // 9

More Clutch reviews rating latest review
+ Earth Rocker 8.6 04/05/2013