Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Review

artist: coheed and cambria date: 02/08/2008 category: compact discs
coheed and cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow
Release Date: Oct 23, 2007
Label: Sony
Genres: Progressive Metal, Hard Rock, Album Rock, Alternative Metal, Emo
Coheed And Cambria take it up a notch with heavy hitting riffs and awe-inspiring vocals in No World For Tomorrow.
 Lyrics: 9.1
 9.3
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: UG Team, on october 24, 2007

Sound: This record begins with the soft, acoustic track The Reaping. This track is the softest track on this entire album. From here, it just gets louder and heavier. Both are words in which you can describe Coheed And Cambria's latest effort, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow. For those who follow the storyline, this is the end of Coheed And Cambria's current album storyline. It definitely portrays an end to the storyline. As shown in the cover art, the album title, and the song titles, you can imagine this song will be about the end of many things, possibly including the world itself. When you think the end of things, you think of heavy metal playing as Satan awakes and destroys all who stand. This album is not exactly that, but it is the heaviest Coheed album to date. This can be shown in the guitar work that is put forth by front man/guitarist Caludio Sanchez and guitarist Travis Stever. Both are amazing guitarist as shown in their last albums and this one. This album is probably their best guitar work to date. They both put forth some stellar guitar riffs and solos on every song on the album. The songs themselves are some of the best songs the band has released. It is hard to pick favorites from this album, but here are some of it's highlights. Track two, No World For Tommorow, is a great opening to the album that you are about to journey through. The contrast to track one, The Reaping, automatically hooks your ears into the album. Another highlight would have to be The Hound (Of Blood And Rank. The song reminds me of something the brilliant minds of Rush would come up with. Another top track would have to be Mother Superior. While it one of the softer songs, it definitely hits hard in vocals and the band's overall sound. The closer The End Complete V: On The Brink can truly be know as one of the best album closer amongst Coheed albums and other albums of the genre. The album starts out slow and soft. It could almost be a lullaby. Suddenly, it veers off into a section you could suddenly start a mosh pit in, complete with heavy guitar riffs, screaming, and heavy drum beats. It then suddenly veers off to only a piano and violin. Then, a guitar battle amongst Sanchez and Stever begins. While the battle isn't long, it is definitely worth to the first six minutes of this song. // 10

Lyrics: The album starts: Hell must know/There have been worse things I've done./I'll hold out these hands,/Receive the sound./Approach these days,/Will we accept the things we must?/The world will now learn/Of change to come... or no world. These lyrics are brilliant for a simple intro and sync up to the music that is ahead for the listener. All the lyrics of this album can easily be compared to this simple sample. Coheed have always had a brilliant writing style, intertwining a storyline within the lyrics. You can almost clearly detect the storyline through this album as much as the others. Another positive note for the lyrics is that they can be compared to bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, and The Police. You can easily tell that the lyrics were thought out in the writing process. The lyrics also always match up with the music that they are meant to represent. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, the album hits hard in the beginning and holds you hard in its grasp until the very end, where it leaves you on the floor mindless except for what you have just heard. All you have on your mind is the album and the band's name engraved in your mind forever. The album simply does not leave your mind. Chances are if you like all the other Coheed And Cambria albums, you will love this one as much as the others. If you felt that the band's last works didn't hold you as much as people hyped them up to be, definitely check this album out as soon as you can. I can almost guarantee you will like everything you hear. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: Fatally Jon, on october 25, 2007

Sound: Coheed and Cambria have crafted their best album yet. Musically, "No World For Tomorrow" is comprised of the band's most intricate and diverse songs. Each song feels as though it's been carefully and masterfully crafted into a precise work. There are a wide arrange of styles, from pop ("Feathers", "The Running Free"), pure rock ("Justice in Murder", "The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)"), blues-rock ("On The Brink") and even electrifyingly metal ("No World For Tomorrow"). Story-wise, this album marks the end of the saga of Claudio Kilgannon, the Crowing, whose ultimate and unavoidable destiny is to bring about the end of the universe. As album, "No World For Tomorrow" lacks nothing and holds nothing back. Masterful guitar solos are worked into most of the songs, an element that was missing from most of their previous songs. Some of the songs also recall parts and lines from previous records, as Coheed has become known to do. "No World For Tomorrow" is one of the best albums to come out in the past few years, and one of the few that can truly stand out as a beacon of pure rock in a sea of emo and hardcore. // 10

Lyrics: Claudio Sanchez. That's all that needs to be said! Claudio has taken his vocals to enourmous new heights, not only in pitch, but in a melodic vocal layering, most apparent in "Mother Superior". He can still nail those high notes, but also keeps to the darker voice that comprised a good part of Volume 1. Taking on the deadly persona of a hitman-looking-for-a-gunfight, Sanchez deeply sings "Leave a long trail of nothing, little bad boy with gun in hand" over "Gravemakers and Gunslingers". Taking all kinds of new angles, this is the most diverse vocal output from Coheed and Cambria to date. // 10

Overall Impression: 01. The Reaping - an acoustic opening track that gives you the sense of a calm before the storm. It's very short and offers faded explosions behind the slow acoustic riffs. 02. No World For Tomorrow - what a riff! Right off the bat, this song is kicking your ass. Feeling like the bastard child of "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" and "Welcome Home", this song weaves it's way back and forth over the edge of chaos. A slow break after the second chorus offers a short breather before Claudio screams, "I'm the Crowing! Fly!" This is one of the few songs that doesn't have a solo, but it's franticly fast main riff makes up for that in full. It also adopts lines from "The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth" and "Blood Red Summer" in "What did I do/To deserve all of this? /What did I do/To deserve all of you?" 03. The Hound (Of Blood And Rank) - this one begins with an eerie synth effect quickly joined by a very bluesy, echoing guitar riff. From there is the exciting build-up to the chorus. The chorus serves as a good example of very effective vocal layering. A very strong track with a fitting solo, this one just rocks. 04. Feathers - the opening guitar sounds is very reminiscent of Van Halen. This is the first pop-y song on the album but has a lasting impression as a great song. The vocal building in the chorus ("Right now/Hide your feathers on the back porch, baby/He's coming home for you've/been/such/a li-iar...") is a line that will easly stick itself into your head. Another perfectly fitted guitar solo, as well as an infectious ending line ("Wait a minute, little back porch lady/In in love") makes this softer pop song as strong as all of the other tracks. 05. The Running Free - you've probably heard this one already. An ominous opening riff balanced out with a catchy chorus easily make this the first single off the album. I found this song easier to listen to on the album than just by itself. 06. Mother Superior - live videos of this song have been floating around since April, but the album version blows all of them out of the water and into the void of the universe that our tragic hero is doomed to destroy. Layered with piano, violin, and the electric guitar, this song is truly beautiful. This one works similarly to "Light and the Glass" with an acoustic intro that gradually adds a second guitar, and violins, until exploding with drums and soaring, multi-layered vocals in the chorus. It's also interesting that the album version has a different arrangement than the live acoustic version, and the part with "Mother Superior/Go catch the rabbit, he runs..." is actually put near the end after the second chorus. Slight changes in the different parts ("They know you're just a boy/So grow up and be that man!") make this a masterpiece. 07. Gravemakers And Gunslingers - another straight rock song, a bit heavier than "The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)" in that Sanchez adopts the darker vocals. This song is sort of a heavier "Ten Speed" with the alternating vocal pattern in the verse. This was the second song released before the release of the album and clearly demonstrates that Coheed knows guitar solos and is not afraid to use them. This song contains one of my favorite lines from the entire album: "You've got the gun/I've got the bullet/(Don't wanna live no more)/Oh baby, be my lover/Go on and pull that trigger!" 08. Justice In Murder - a quick drumstick count of "1-2-3-4" and BAM! It's Iron Maiden! The intro riff is very Maiden-esque, as well as the chorus, with it's repeated line "There will be justice in murder!" Combined with a killer solo, this song feels very '80s rock. 09. The End Complete. I: The Fall Of House Atlantic - a forboding instrumental track that combines a frantic, classic-style fingerpicked riff, ringing crash cymbals, a constant floor tom pounding, and an ominous vocal chorus that leads into the maddness of The End Complete. 10. The End Complete. II: Radio Bye Bye - further builds on Coheed's ability to crank out awesome, unique riffs to create outstanding rock songs. A frenzy of "oh-ohs" and "woahs" make the interlude of this song one that easily gets into your head. While somewhat pop in feel this, too, is as strong a song as any other on the record. 11. The End Complete. III: The End Complete - "awesome" is a word that comes to mind many times during this nearly-eight-minute song. This one has one of the coolest drum beats, in my opinion. It's very epic, especially with the crash explosions and soaring vocals that are the the chorus. A creepy riff picks up with the second verse that adds to the power of this song. Heading towards insane, Claudio picks up with a vocal style that is similar to the verse of "The Velorium Camper III: Al The Killer". A slower pace combined with a great taping solo ensues. Making another reference to a past Coheed song, the pace quickens into a frantic, palm-muted riff accompanied by the chanted "woahs" from the track "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3". The song ends with a soft fingerpicked part and Sanchez crooning "We're going to get you, my love/Let your rabbit go run..." 12. The End Complete. IV: The Road And The Damned - picks right up and serves as a song I would fully expect to hear as a slow song at Prom. It has the strong feel of a ballad, with soaring violins and lead guitar to make the chorus. It's a different sound for the band, but pulls off very nicely. 13. The End Complete. V: On The Brink" can you say "blues"? If not, you will. Sanchez adopts a very bluesy, almost-whimsical vocal style for the final musings of the story. After a few minutes, the song turns to strictly piano, then turns a bit darker with a keyboard riff that sounds sort of familiar. From here is a somewhat repetitive interlude of heavy guitars and a consistent "Hey!" from Sanchez. Then we're back to a jazzy piano part that gets lighter, lighter, fades. Snare, kick, kick, snare, kick, kick, bam! It's The Final Cut! The all-too familiar riff kicks in full gear accompanied by an amazing guitar solo. The album finally ends abruptly, and we are left to reassemble our blown minds. This is definitely the best album that's come out all year, hands down. It's been a long wait, but it was worth every second of it. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: guns4ever, on october 24, 2007

Sound: Coheed and Cambria return with a new drummer and a new album. Coheed has always been a band that has evolved with each album, and this one is no exception. In the final chapter of the CoCa series, the band has taken a pretty epic approach with the songs, and I must say that it works. The album opens with "The Reaping", a little acoustic number that, for the minute or so it lasts, definately succeeds in setting the gloomy atmosphere for the rest of the album. This leads you right into "No World For Tomorrow", which smacks you in the face with a pure metal riff, definately the epic Welcome Home of this cd. The lack of any real solo was the only downfall of this song. "The Hound(Of Blood and Rank)" follows. The tone of the intro riff has a very David Gilmour sound to it, and it's awesome. It then develops into your typical Coheed song, with a catchy "Come on and set me free" chorus. Gilmour-esque solo is done very tastefully. "Feathers" is more of the same, with that Coheed sound intact. "The Running Free" is next, the albums first single. This song made me skeptical of the album when I heard it, and it is definately the low point of the album. A little too cheesy for me, but for those into that sort of thing, eat this number up. "Mother Superior" follows, the Light and the Glass of this LP. Claudios signature acoustic style is excellent, and this song is no exception. A great Coheed ballad. "Gravemakers and Gunslingers" is up next, and this is an excellent song. Claudio brings in the riff, and Travis slaps a screaming lead on the song not long after. He creates a wonderful solo for this one, and the chorus is excellent and very catchy. One of the better hard rocking songs on the album, alongside No World For Tomorrow."Justice in Murder" has a pretty good lead from Travis throughout, in my opinion this makes the song. Great use of the Wah pedal with it, and the solo as well. Now we have a series of 5 songs called "The End Complete", done Willing Well style. The first. "Fall of House Atlantic", is a quick minute long instrumental. it's very epic, and if I'm not mistaken the drummer breaks out the double bass, which adds big time to the tone of this cool number. "Radio Bye Bye" continues with the traditional Coheed sound. Nice solo, and I can see all the girls singing "uh-oh, it's the curse of the radio bye bye" in their rooms as we speak. "The End Complete" is the second part of the series of the same name. At 7:45, it's a good long song that slows down a bit towards the end."The Road and The Damned" is a much slower song. No curveballs here, just a good ballad. The album is finished with "On The Brink", another long song. This one goes from a Pink Floyd-like intro, and keeps that tone for about 3 and a half minutes, and then the heavy guitars kick in. We go from an "In the Flesh" type intro to the second half of the song, to a pretty cool riff where they chant something I can't understand over and over again. After that calms down, we get a reimagining of "The Final Cut" with some different tones and a sweet sounding solo over it. The story finally ends with some creepy organs, and a quick crash of the bass drum. Saga complete. // 9

Lyrics: Claudio has always been a master with the pen, and this trend continues on "No World For Tomorrow". Choruses like "Gravemakers And Gunslingers" have you singing the words almost immediately. "You've got the gun, I've got the bullets, don't wanna live no more, oh baby be my lover cmon and pull that trigger" is one of the catchiest parts of the cd. The lyrics never really falter, and will have longtime fans pining for more("Now the Crowing dies"). The choruses stand out on this album, both musically and lyrically, and the rest of the album keeps this pace. Well done Mr. Sanchez. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved this album. I really wasn't expecting much from it, considering how aweful I thought The Running Free was. All those fans who felt the same, I encourage you to listen to this album regardless, you wont be dissappointed. Coheed has grown by leaps and bounds since Second Stage Turbine Blade, and I couldnt ask for more from No World For Tommorrow. "No world For Tomorrow", "Gravemakers and Gunslingers","The Hound(Of Blood and Rank)", "Justice In Murder","Mother Superior", and "On the Brink" are all worth the purchase of this album alone. Do yourself a favor and get it people! // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: TJM2482, on october 25, 2007

Sound: Coheed's new album sounds a tad bit heavier overall than past efforts, gone are the abundance of slower songs, and now you see a lot of heavy stuff with some softer stuff sprinkled in here and there. The guitars themselves sound great and are well written, they really harmonize and mix for an awesome wall of hard rock glory. My only issues with it are that some of the overall feel of the songs are frequent, and it's not as varied as their last album, or the one before it. // 8

Lyrics: A lot of the lyrics are based around the Armory Wars, a common theme in a lot of Coheed's work. It is a concept album, a part of an overall story. It is kind of cool, that it's based on something instead of randomness, and it's not as obvious and it doesn't always make you feel like you're reading a book alongside some music. Of course, Claudio's voice is an acquired taste. His somewhat feminine voice is kind of annoying, but on this album he doesn't sound as girlish, and it's a good breath of fresh air from a lot of the popular modern day hardcore vocals. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, it's about equal to their past efforts. It's not going to scare away hardcore fans, if anything it may bring in some of the skeptical people who were turned off by the vocals on songs like "A Favor House Atlantic". Some notable songs are the title track, The Hound, and Gravemakers and Gunslingers. I love the energy in the music itself, and the aggressive in your face vocal style of Claudio Sanchez. The only thing I really dislike about it is the random little vocal parts that don't really fit (see Gravemakers and Gunslingers, the voice of a little girl saying "there's just no time for this"). I would recommend this album to friends, and if it someone was completely eliminated from my library, I would probably give it another buy. It's a quality album that's sure to please it's fans, and probably some non-fans alike. // 9

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: thedudeguy, on january 05, 2008

Sound: Ah, finally, we come to the awaited second half of the Good Apollo, this one titled, No World For Tomorrow. Like all Coheed albums, it opens with an instrumental (though this one strays from the usual melody that is played to start the album). It then kicks into the first song and rocks all the way to the end. There is that catchy sound that we are all so familiar with, but on this album, I fell that they took more chances, and experimented with different kinds of chord progressions, that give many songs a different, but still very melodic sound. I also feel that on this particular album, they are living up to the progressive name that they have been dubbed with, using different genres of music to expand on their own, creating more intricate, and well crafted songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good on No World For Tomorrow. It seems as though they've been able to improve with every album, as far as how poetic the songs become. If you compare these to their first album, you will clearly see that they are written in a more mature manner, though, this could be because the main character of the story has grown up. Even though the lyrics are more poetic, there is still the feeling that they are down to Earth. This can mainly be seen by the use of profanity in some songs (not that being profane takes away from the poetic feeling of the lyrics, it just shows that the characters in the story, and Claudio Sanchez himself, is not infallible). // 9

Overall Impression: This is, personally, one of my favorite albums of 2007, and has really set it self from the rest of mainstream rock music. Yes, it's sad but true, the era Coheed and Cambria is living in is one of generic copy cat bands, but, they do a wonderful job of setting themselves apart from the crowd, and truly show their uniqueness with this album. My personal favorite songs are as follows: The Hound, The Running Free, Mother Superior, Gravemakers and Gunslingers, All of the End Complete parts. I love the great melodies that they created, by taking their own ideas, ideas from the music around them, and ideas from different genres of music, and creating these wonderful songs with them. I can't say that there is much dislike in this album, and if there is, then it's only momentary. I would be devastated if this were stolen or lost, and I'd have to buy another one, or I would cry myself to sleep every night. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: gowdyjames, on october 24, 2007

Sound: This album in the final part in the Coheed and Cambria saga, "The Amory Wars" and their 4th studio album. With the next album being the first part of the saga. Over the last 2 studio albums the sound of coheed and cambria has been becoming increasingly technical, though also mainstream. The songs sounds have a much bigger dynamic range than their early recordings (compare devil in jersey city from SST to Gravemakers and gunslingers from NWFT). The album is littered with the usual Coheed and Cambria catchy hooks and little licks that we've come to expect, songs like "mother superior" and "feathers" manage to slow down the tempo while still retaining the feel of the album. This is the first album of Coheed and Cambria not to have the talents of Josh Eppard on drums (now of hip-hop outfit "Weerd Science"). The band now have Chris Pennie on drums (formally of Dillinger escape plan), though Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters recorded the drums in the studio (due to Chris Pennie having contractual obligations preventing him being used). With all that said, the drums don't have a particularly different feel, if anything though, they are slightly tighter. // 8

Lyrics: The Lyrics are very much the same as the previous Co&Ca albums; with each of the songs telling a part of the Co&Ca Amory wars story. With every live Co&Ca performance I've seen Claudio Sanchez seems to get more and more confident with his vocal abilities, it's a shame then that this album doesn't seem him explore any new sides to his vocals. // 7

Overall Impression: Well if you like Co&Ca then I'm sure your going to like this album. Its very much a "more of the same" album. The album has (the now customary) nth part long song taking up half the album (in this case its 5 parts long) - and to be honest, it labours a little. That said, some really nice tracks on this album help to redeem the bands lack of forward momentum and experimentation. The phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. Tracks to look out for being: The Hound Of Blood And Rank, Feathers, Gravemakers And Gunslingers. // 8

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: XgamerGt04, on october 24, 2007

Sound: I've been a longtime Coheed fan and this album is no disappointment like many people we're guessing when they heard The Running Free. Claudio seems to just get higher and higher vocally each album. The story of the music itself is quite interesting, and would take more space than I have to write out, but the overall just is that the main character Claudio, aka The Crowing, has finally decided that he is going to accept his destiny and defeat Wilhelm Ryan and destroy the keywork. The music itself has quite a variety to it, the first song, The Reaping, starts off with a nice acoustic intro and then jumps head first into No World For Tomorrow with guitars blazing. The tracks are layed out in such a way that you don't go from one heavy song to another, the album shows a porgression of energy, with a bit of a withdraw between each track, with songs like Mother Superior and Feathers that seem less erratic as the end of the world is drawing near. Then when it's least expected Mother Superior jumps into Gravemakers and Gunslingers, a song that just screams Guitar Hero at the top of it's lungs. The End complete also shows off the Coheed talent, jumping from a hard rock song to a more bluesy and then a throwback to The Final Cut at the end of the very last song. All through it all Stever wails on the guitar. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics and instruments compliment each other, what's better than hearing a song about the end of the world backed up by erratic guitar and drumming. Claudio has an amazing vocal range, and he shows this off as live as well as on the cds. The lyrics all illustrate a story so it's quite more difficult to judge them when their interpretation is still completely unknown. // 8

Overall Impression: The End Complete is one of my favorite songs from the album, but I love all of the songs really. Gravemakers And Gunslingers really shows off Travis's skill on the guitar, and Mother Superior is such an amazing song. I'd deffinetly buy it again if it was stolen. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: Confetti, on october 24, 2007

Sound: The chapter II has been relised and the longing of Coheed and Cambria fans is finaly over. Coming back from a album like From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness must have been a hard process. What's new one the newest addition to the saga? For the Starters the massive guitar walls have been toned down for a little bit and it has given C&C more flex in the songs compared to the previous album. I personally like it a lot but this might divide the Coheed and Cambria fans in two groups. What music doesnt't. It makes me a little teary eyed when first I lived the albums story and the finishing song The End Chapter V On The Brink starts with such a soft and melodic guitar. I don't know why but that part minded me of Carlos Santana. can't find anything to complain about. Allmost every song has great compositions. // 9

Lyrics: By the lyrics Coheed And Cambria's love story is one of the sadest things that I have seen put to music. It never hits me on the first time with C&C albums, what does the lyrics mean, but like now when I sat down and lissened the whole album from start to finnish, with lyrics in front of me. It helped a lot. It opened my mind to a nother great piece of this story and to me. The lyrics department has never been this good. From a deathseeking tale in Gravemakers & Gunslingers to the soft but sad Feathers and to the Mother Superior that I find to be one of the albums darkest probings in to he charachters live. Everyone has their favorite lyrics and it's hard to debate over them but still I find that best lyrics are reserved for The End Chapter 1-5. The albums story in whole seams to sum the time where everything started to go to hell with their love. // 10

Overall Impression: If you haven't picked it out yet, I think this is the best album the band has ever made. When the From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness, had a bit of a broblem keeping it all together this album stays solid throughout every song. Building the foundation for The End Chapter with the first eight songs works. Like the song Mother Superior one of the best song in total. It creeps around the mind and crips with story and the compositions. In my mind it doesnt't lack anything. I hardly ever think perfection when it comes to songs, but this is frighteningly close. And what does this all come down to? The End Chapter. I was disappointed at first when I heard them. Was that it? I tought that it has nothing on The Willing Well. What a fool I was. The End Chapter blows The Willing Well away! Well it's a bit of to compare them but that was one thing that came to my mind when I started to lissen to the album. If I start to think the albums in the year 2007 this has just gone to the top. And what an year it has been! To think that some people have the nerve to say that no one makes good music. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: guitar_hero_man, on january 05, 2008

Sound: Prog-rockers Coheed and Cambria return with the final chapter of their musical science fiction saga. The album opens with dual, epic-sounding pieces, with the title track being the more rock-sounding. "No World for Tomorrow" is straight out of Atreyu's book, circa 2006. The following "The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)" is a keyboard-heavy song that sounds like an electronica Guns'N'Roses. "Feathers" sounds like it could be penned by Fall Out Boy. "Hound" and "Feathers" both have hair-metal solos. When you get to "The Running Free", you're in for a treat. The song, originally written for the Transformers movie, is a high-octane blast of otherworldly, Chinese-response vocals, and U2-like sounds. "Mother Superior" provides a superb acoustic break. From there, the album gets somewhat confusing. While the pair of "Justice in Murder" and "Radio Bye Bye" fit together, they are adjacent; "The Fall of House Atlantic", a one-minute, dramatic instrumental with choir vocals intervenes. By the time the album concludes, you find yourself at the end of an outer-space soundtrack. For those unfamiliar with the band, Coheed has a concept behind the songs, penned in comic books. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics illustrate frontman Claudio Sanchez's story. Descriptive and unrealistic, the songs represent chapters in the story. You might want to search the story before listening. The lyrics are good, and Sanchez's voice is remarkable. The words fit in well with the music. In "The Running Free", you can imagine Sanchez as the top-hat-bearing, surrealistic master of fate, with marionette and cane in hand. The circus ride through Mars and into the neverending galaxies does not disappoint. // 9

Overall Impression: I've made artist comparisons. My personal favorite tracks are "No World for Tomorrow", "The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)", "Feathers", "The Running Free", and "Mother Superior". I would definitely buy this again. It's a great album. There aren't too many disappointing moments, not a note out of pitch. It's the album currently haunting my brand-new Walkman. // 10

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow Reviewed by: majonior, on february 08, 2008

Sound: Coheed's sound has always ranged from poppy to hard rock and in NWFT the same same holds true. Over all the CD is Coheed and Cambria's darkest heaviest album yet, rife with 80's style guitar riffs and heavily distorted guitars. If you know Coheed then you know that every CD is a part of a scifi epic concept five part story, but I won't get into that. The truth is although this CD stays true to the whole concept album thing it can be completely enjoyed without knowing the story behind it. This is definately one of the best Coheed albums to date. // 9

Lyrics: Coheeds lyrics have always left me gasping in awe and NWFT has done the same. All of the songs have incredibly vivid lyrics that seem to have the perfect flow even though they hardly rhyme. The darker tone of this album can really be seen in the lyrics but at the same time they maintain the poppy effect of making you want to sing along to Gravemakers and Gunslingers and The End Complete II: Radio Bye Bye. Singer skill? Claudio doesn't have skill he has like magic vocal chords that would blow away the best 80's high note singer. // 10

Overall Impression: Coheed and Cambria and all of their cds compare to nothing that is out today in music. Even Coheed's don't compare to each other but that's what I love about them. The best songs on the CD are Radio Bye Bye, The Running Free and the titular No World For Tomorrow. The only thing that I hate about this CD is that it's end isn't as epically awesome as Vol. 1's The Final Cut. I would tottally buy another one if I lost mine but that's unlikely because I have it on display (it's signed). // 9

More Coheed And Cambria reviews rating latest review
+ The Afterman: Descension 9.1 02/20/2013
+ The Afterman: Ascension 9.2 11/27/2012
+ The Second Stage Turbine Blade 9.7 07/31/2012
+ Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness 9 05/20/2011
+ Year Of The Black Rainbow 8.6 05/28/2010