In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Review

Lyrics: 9.4
 9.4
 9.5
 9.3
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 24, 2004

Sound: Coheed And Cambria is one of my favorite bands of all time because they have the smarts and musical talent to back up the complexity within this album. With songs like "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3" they reach such a dramatic high, that when I first listened to the song, I got goose-bumps. They have alot of very good dramatic songs that are at times less experimental then their previous record, and they have many good popish songs which will bring the listener in and get you thinking "Ok... I can handle this stuff." The song "A Favor House Atlantic" (the first single) is one of these songs and it struck a very good chord with me. // 10

Lyrics: As I said before, Co&Ca have some of the most complex musical theory that I've herad. Beneath what seem like meaningless lyrics with interesting hooks and dramatic 'shout-a-longs', there is an underlining story. Listening to the music, and looking up the lyrics, you see things like "You're father's dead, he passed in his sleep" you think Claudio (lead singer/guitarist) is just singing some mindless emo crap, when he's telling a detailed plot. On the other hand, when I introduce Coheed's music to my friends the first thing they comment on is the singer's high pitched voice. And yes, at first his voice may seem a little obsered. But when I first heard one of their songs on a Warped Tour compilatoin cd, I was hooked. The thought of a weird voice never popped into my head. So pretty much you'll just have to judge it on your own. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this album. It struck a cord in my head and I was addicted. Between the detailed backstory, and the great thought put into the melodies, there are few errors. There 23 tracks on this cd and 10 of them don't have music on them. The last song "2113" goes back to Coheed And Cambria's old experimental rock style, and I like it. I would advise anyone and everyone to buy this amazing album. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 08, 2005

Sound: This is the second CD released by Coheed And Cambria but it serves as the third CD in the series. The lyrics, if you know what they are about, will make your jaw drop and you wont pick it up any time soon. Even if you have no idea what the lyrics mean, they will be stuck in your head. The songs on this CD are epic. The title track In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth is an 8 minute long song. With the generally short attention span of the media public you'd think this is a bad thing wrong! Every second of this song is riviting. And about 2/3 of the way through the intro starts over again to a chant chorus which sends a chill down my spine every time I listen to it. The Light & The Glass is an incredible song as well. A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer have the commercial appeal that the douchey MTV crowd likes, but they don't sacrifice anythign to loyal Coheed listeners. A Devil In Jersey City is the most profane song on the album whic can tend to get on peoples nerves, not the case here. It only adds to the impact of the song. All in all one of the best sounding albums ever. Period. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics that Claudio Sanchez crafts are so incredible, that you can have no idea what the story of Coheed And Cambria means, and be enthralled by their sheer impact. Claudio Sanchez has a set of pipes that can set Ronny James Dio and Rob Halford to shame. His voice digs into your head and does not leave. And you'll drop to your knees and thank the maker that it does but cause it is in-freakin-credible. Gutiarist Travis Stever and bassist Michael Todd add to the fun by singin or screaming at key points in the song that only make it a whole lot sweeter. The singinh by the three maches the guitar lines so well that at times they blend together. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first heard Coheeds first CD The Second Stage Turbine Blade, I thought they would never top it and that made me sad. But, I went out and bought In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. I was sceptical when I started listening, knowing that it wouldnt be as good. Hot damn was I wrong. I would list the songs that impressed me. but I mgiht as well say all of them. Everything about this album keeps it in my CD player almost non-stop unless I'm listening to The Second Stage Turbine Blade of Live at The Starland Ballroom. If it was stolen I would beat the theif within an inch of his/her life but let them keep the CD and just open one of the five other copies I bought just in case of a situation like this arising. Buy it now. This CD is the new life of rock music that we have needed for 'o so long. I would like to take this time, on behalf of all listeners out there to say this, "Thank you Claudio Sanchez, Travis Steever, Michael Todd, and Josh Eppard, your guys rock." // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: BlackMagic17, on may 08, 2007

Sound: I was having a conversation with my friend the other day, and we both agreed that shredding is awesome, but there has to be a line where you separate too much shredding from just the right amount. Well, Coheed and Cambria have achieved just the right amount of shred on In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, while still keeping the music catchy and easy to listen to. Travis Stever and Claudio Sanchez, co guitarists really stand out on this album. There aren't very many solos, but really just little lead lines everywhere I just love. // 9

Lyrics: All of singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez's lyrics are based around his comic books, the Bag.On.Line. Adventures of Coheed and Cambria and The Armory Wars saga. I personally haven't read any of these comic books but have read the story behind them, and was able to understand the lyrics more fully. Claudio Sanchez is an extremely talented singer, with a very high vocal range. Some people are turned off by this but I personally think that Claudio's high voice makes the music all the more interesting. another good thing about claudio is he sings around the music, instead of the making the music based around the vocals. // 9

Overall Impression: Just to make it clear, the definition of shred that I typically go by is masterful guitar work. This album is filled with tasteful guitar and riffs that are really just fun to play. I have already learned half the songs on this album and they are a blast. I don't hate any song on this album. it's one of those albums where every track is perfect. I especially love the crowing and 21:13. If it was lost I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I love this album. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 20, 2004

Sound: To say the least it blew me away. I would like to think I am a credible source on music and I know what I like, and this album is the best thing on the shelf that I have heard this year. It's extremely tight, and their use of two guitars is as profound as it gets. What I liked most is that the songs are almost like compositions or stories. They don't follow the general formula to their songs, because they are constantly changing the mood, tempo, and overall feel of a song which some go 10 minutes. Similar to AFI, but a little more literal in the lyrics, they are very hardcore but very sweet and soft at times and overall simply amazing. // 10

Lyrics: I'll begin with the singers ability...unreal. I dont think I have heard anyone in a hardcore band with a better voice(even AFI). From piercing scream to a soft whisper to a long high note, Claude Sanchez delivers more feeling and a fantastic voice better than anything that has yet to touch my ears. Now, sometimes I think the lyrics are almost scary at times, but they have such poetic beauty that they are very convincing. Lines such as,"for them, I'll kill anything, cut the throats of babies...", and, " when I kill her I'll have her, die white girls", may seem scary but are only parts of stories and I don't think they reflect the views of the band. In summary, the best young hardcore singer out there. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that Coheed and Cambria have introduced us to what hardcore, punk, whatever the hell it is, should be. The construction of the songs is so deep it will take you many listens just to remember what song was which because they change so much. A couple very very impressive songs are "The camper velourium 3:Al the killer", "In keeping secrets of silent earth 3" and "The light and the glass". It is worth 5 times what is on the price tag because of its lasting appeal. If you like afi, you will definitely love them. Buy It! // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 24, 2004

Sound: Coheed and Cambria's music is really together and melodic, the guitar is amazing in some songs. It is a sound that is really distinct, and is easy to pick out from other bands. I personally like this sound because it is not trying to do what every other band is, even though everyone tries to say they are being original. Coca is really a new sound and is great to listen to all the different parts that make it awesome. Plus, Claudio Sanchez is incredible, he can sing higher than I can and I'm a girl. And he does it well - it's not annoying like Justin Hawkins of the Darkness. // 10

Lyrics: The only thing I found that was a downside on this cd is how many words there were in one phrase, which makes it less enjoyable to follow, it would make a better impression if there was less said. But most lyrics do have a lot of meaning, since it is telling a story, after all, so it is excusable for these guys. Their lyrics are great because they can have a literal meaning (to the band) such as the story line, and you as the listener can find your own deeper meaning. // 8

Overall Impression: I have never owned a Coca cd before this, but I recommend it over downloading it anyday, because there is a story being told and this way you are listening to the order of events so you get the chance to decide if you want to take the lyrics as literal or not. These guys are great because they are different and smart; they have to really think to create these lyrics. For making some of their songs almost mainstream, I am happy for them but I am confident they will never sell out, their lyrics have to be about the story and so their music should have to also stay the same. This was not a waste of money. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: harm0n20, on july 19, 2004

Sound: The sound on this cd is awesome. Every song is really good. There is not one dull moment on this cd! I didn't know about these guys until "A Favor House Atlantic" was aired on mtv and I thought that the guys voice was crazy. It was really funny to watch this relatively big guy with a high voice sing. But it went well with the song. So I decided to go out and buy this album. It is one awesome cd. I can't stop listening to it. // 10

Lyrics: I like his lyrics. They're really profound and deep. It's really cool. I didn't really expect his lyrics to be so thoughtful but they are. I hope to god that he sings in a falsetto cuz his voice is freakin high! My thirteen year old brother cant even reach some of those notes man. // 10

Overall Impression: This is probably one of my favorite cd's right now. The songs that I really like are well all of them. There is absolutely nothing bad about this album. I cant stop listening to it! I am listening to it as I write this thing. It's great! If it were stolen or lost I don't know what I would do cuz I just spent my last bit of money on this so I guess I'd have to try and make some money and then yes, I would buy it again, definately. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 30, 2004

Sound: I first heard of Coheed And Cambria via a friend of mine who told me about this at the time underground rock band that he thought was really good. So I took a listen, not really tryin to even hear them, and when I went back and really listened to them I was blown away. There really isn't a specific genre for this band, they're a little bit emo, punk, hardcore, and alternative. But the best description I can give u is that they are a progressive rock band. The songs on all of they're records are part of a sci-fi story being created by the lead singer Claudio Sanchez. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 is the second album and 3rd installment of this 4 part series (the series wasn't done in order), the first album being Second Stage Turbine Blade. The songs are composed of heavy power cords and dual layered rifts beautifully done. The sound can be described as epic, songs changing time signatures and showing the emotion of the lyrics. That also is a fault of the songs, out of 11 tracks possibly only 2 or 3 last less than 5 minutes. Some even stretching to 8 and 9. No matter how full and good the music may be, it is easy to grow tired of these songs that feel like they last a eternity. Each song brings u into a world created by the musicians that u can easily get lost in, which is a joy for anybody listening. Every song is awesome and nothing seems out of place or uneeded. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are very descriptive into the world of "Coheed and Cambria" the two lovers featured in this story by Claudio Sanchez. This album contains kind of dark lyricism relating to death and war. For example on the track The Velorium Camper 3: Al The Killer he screams "when I kill her! I'll have her, die white girls die white girls". One of the lines that make you rewind and go "what did he just say !" The lyrics go deep and are sometimes confusing due to the language used and the situations your thrown into. The songs make up a story, so they have some kind of relevance, but you just can't figure out what it is. The lyrics go unbelievably well with the music. The music is sometimes unbelievable how he can write lyrics that go along with these rythmes. Each note sung out of his mouth is in derect correspondence with each guitar and drum. One thing said by anyone who listens to Coheed is "what's up with the singers voice!" The style he choices is a kind of helium driven hi-pitched vocals. That is a petential turn off to this band. But the different style of vocals makes them stand out even more from your regular run of the mill rock band. He sings this way as a tribute to one of his favorite bands growin up (Iron Maiden). The sound isn't so high that it's annoying or anything, and it's definetly something that adds to the overall sound. The way he phrases words are also something of a trip. A first listen to a song, u might think the lyrics are one thing, but when u check out the lyric book it totally debunks your theory. So the first couple of listens u maybe stuggleing to understand what he's saying, but what's u get it they compute well. // 10

Overall Impression: Artist who Coheed and Cambria have been said to sound like are Mars Volta, Rush (even sometimes called a "Emo Rush"), and Shudder To Think. The songs most memorable from the album are In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 (title track), A Favor House Atlantic, Three Evils (Emboidied in Love and Shadow), Blood Red Summer, and the hidden track 2113. I love it for how different it sounds from everything else out there, the voice, the riffs, everything. But I hate that they can't seem to make many short songs. That just sometimes gets a little irritating. This is a album I would buy 100 times if I ever lost it, it's something everyone should own and support. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: dead_kennedy, on october 05, 2004

Sound: What can I say. Amazing. This album truly shows why Coheed And Cambria are the best at what they do. Although like the first album (Second Stage Turbine Blade) it shows the raw, melodic sound of Co&Ca, it sounds more majestic and better produced than their debut. Truly brilliant sound, the tracks blend together to give that, non-stop journey through the CD eg the first track "The Ring In Return" perfectly blends into the next track "Iksose: 3". The album has more darker tracks "Cuts Marked In The March Of Men, The Camper Velourium III: Al The Killer" and some more lighter and poppier tracks "Blood Red Summer, A Favor House Alantic". // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are well written, although on some occasions listeners may be confused because the 2 albums that have been released are based on a story (I won't say anymore, don't want to give to much away). The lyrics that are written go really well with the music, it normally suits the sound to each song which is great. Some occasions Claudio (songwriter, singer) writing is very abstract and disturbing. "I'd kill anything, cut the throat of babies". This will disturb a lot of people but I've gotten used to it. Claudio is such an awesome singer, people may be put off at first but people like that need to listen more. His voice is different and unique for this day an age and I couldn't imagine Coheed And Cambria without it. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is breathtaking, after fully listening start to finish you will be amazed at how good this is. It doesn't compare to anything you have heard before. Every song on the album is amazing in its own way, I honestly cannot pick because thats how good the album is, from start to finish just fantastic. I also cannot hate this album, it's not possible. If it were stolen or lost I would run to the shops and buy it again, I urge everyone with any musical taste at all to buy this album. You will not be disappointed. Breathtaking. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: fugazi_punk, on october 06, 2004

Sound: Stop whatever you're doing now and get ready to go buy this CD. I discovered this band right when "A Favor House Atlantic" hit MTV. At first, I was [like many others] sort of turned off by Claudio's voice. But soon it turned from annoyance into interesting into amazement. I bought IKSOSE3 after listening to "A Favor House Atlantic" and it took me about a week to get into. Thank God I did, because the cd has never left my cd player. The two guitars amazed me. Reminded me of Rufio in a way how the two guitars entwine in each other, but with more of a hardcore/metal sound to it. Not to mention more interesting. Claudio is a very talented rhythm guitarist, and Travis is an awesome lead guitarist as well. The bass lines are amazing as well. Most hardcore bands I know keep the bass to root notes, while Co&Ca opens the bass up to freedom on a large scale. I don't know much about drums, being a guitarist, but I do know that they impressed me a lot. Not to mention, I know many talented drummers who can't accomplish any Co&Ca. Co&Ca sound has been said to be a metal Fugazi, although I find Co&Ca to be more of a pop-metal/emo/punk/progressive rock band. // 10

Lyrics: Their is a SCIFI story built within the lyrics of IKSOSE3 and T2STB but I can't really describe it to you. I really like the lyrics, but I can't really seem to understand the story. Still, it's very original and great to say the least. Claudio's vocals are amazing. I don't think anyone could replace Claudio. He puts so much emotion into his voice, yet still retains his dark tone. Very unique and talented vocalist. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this album. Out of all 48 of my cds, this one is easily #1 (It being the 27th I bought). I seriously can't pick a single impressive song from the album, because they all are. Co&Ca has been the only band I know to retain their style from the first CD (which I bought and is also in my cd player) and still remain amazingly interesting. Not only do I respect Co&Ca the most of any bands I listen to, I also am influenced by them. Learning their songs has given my own songs a certain reflection of Co&Ca. If I lost this cd, I'd buy it again without hesitation. This band is simply amazing. If you like this cd, buy "The Second Stage Turbine Blade", which is also incredible. This band deserves a lot of credit. Coheed & Cambria rock. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 25, 2004

Sound: Well if you were to compare this CD with the first it would fall short. But on the other hand if you were to compare it with any other CD except their first it would be the best. If you read the other reveiws for IKSOSE3 you probably saw the review that said it reminded the person of Rufio, my mortal enemy. I would like to find this person and kick his/her ass. I was the first to put a review up for TSSTB and many others followed me. Their music is great but as I said before it just fell short of their first CD I could not give a genre to this band because just when you think you've figured them out their whole sound changes. // 10

Lyrics: In the first actual song In Keeping... it is telling how Jesse (the prize fighting inferno, and also Coheed's brother) is preparing for a battle and hiding his brothers children. In the second actual song Cuts Marked... it is telling us how all the children die except Cladio (yes he put himself in his story) and how the enemy captures the one Jesse loves, Chase. By the end of the song he turns himself in to save Chase. The lyrics don't really help you understand the plot of the story, but you can get the jest of it. I think that the lyrics are great and they fit right in with the music. What can you say about Cladio Sanchez? I don't think anyone can compare. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't think Coheed and Cambria sound like anyone out there. After the four CDs are complete I hear they will change their name, but that is just a rumor. The best songs on the album are "The Crowing" and the secret track "21:13." I love everything about this album except I don't think it was as great as their first. Nothing is ever lost, it is always stolen so if it was stolen I would definitley buy it again. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 31, 2005

Sound: Pretty spooky on some of the songs. Especially the end of "Three Evils (Embodied In The Love And Shadow)". But some of the songs are great like A Favor House Atlantic. The instrumental at the beginnning is pretty boring too. They do use a lot of metaphors in their song so if you try to figure out the story, good luck. So basically if they had some more songs I guess it would've been a lot better but I guess no album can be perfect. // 8

Lyrics: Two words: extremely confusing. As I said before, they use a lot of metaphors so its borderline impossible to actually understand a line in one of the songs. Although, Claudio Sanchez's vocal range is amazing; especially if you've ever heard him talk. // 7

Overall Impression: I can't really think of a band similar to this that is from my time so that makes them cool. I think the best songs on there are A Favor House Atlantic (I already said that) and Blood Red Summer, both incidentally were 2 singles. The only real bad thing about this album, yes I'll say it for the third time, are the metaphors! If they just made them understandable they would be my handsdown favorite band. // 8

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: Zamboni, on november 10, 2005

Sound: Coheed And Cambria have really outdone themselves on this album. It is comprised of a wide range of styles, from emo, to punk, to hardcore, to even a touch of metal. It's quite a concept album, with strange lyrics and song titles. It's also a very long CD, with over 70 minutes of music from just over 10 tracks. I must say, in some parts of this album, the guitarists sound very talented. Fast, melodic runs give this album musical depth, as well as songwriting depth. // 9

Lyrics: Claudio is a pretty good lyricist. From dark, angry, tortured songs, to brighter, happier songs, he writes them all. He's also got one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard in rock music. He's fast and pitch-perfect, as well as adding some nice sound effects and well-placed screaming. All of which adds up to lyrics sung by an extremely competent singer, as well as melodies that fit over their songs perfectly. // 9

Overall Impression: This is one of my newer albums, it's probably too soon to call it a favorite of mine, but it's definitely a quality production from a very talented band. I would have to say that my favorite songs are track 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7. But all of them are quite good. If lost or stolen, I would definitely get it again. It's a great album, and I would recommend it for fans of almost any genre of music. // 9

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 10, 2006

Sound: I first heard Co&Ca on the Warped Tour '04 Compilation, their song "Three Evils (Embodied In Love And Shadow)". I didn't think much of it until I bought this CD. It is incredible! Co&Ca are one of the best bands around right now. Where most bands stick to strumming powerchords, these guys break into fantastic riffs over an above-average rhythm guitar. The drumming is great and the bass, too, is a lot more complex than what today's bands are doing. // 10

Lyrics: The first gripe I hear about Co&Ca is Claudio Sanchez's voice. "He sounds like a girl!" Get over it! It's irritating for about thirty seconds, about as long as it takes you fully get into their music. IKSSE:3 is their second release, part three of their four part story. The first few tracks depict the dream Claudio (in the story, not the band) has about the war against Wilhelm's Red Army and the torturing of Will by Mayo ("Three Evils"). From "The Crowing" on, we follow Claudio, Ambellina, and Newo, who are helped by Al the Killer, a paranoid, racist sniper, to reach the House Atlantic ("A Favor House Atlantic"). From there, Claudio decides to escape with Ambellina, bidding farewell to his girlfriend, Newo. The final track, "21:13", is an excellent retelling of "Everything Evil" (from The Second Stage Turbine Blade) from Claudio's point of view. The story is a bit hard to follow, but the songs are great to listen to even if you're not interested in the story. My favorite lyrics come from the title track ("Man your own jackhammer! /Man your battlestations/We'll have you dead pretty soon") and "The Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer" ("When I kill her/I'll have her/Die white girls/Die white girls"). Overall, Co&Ca brilliantly piece together words and screams to create the perfect lyrics for their music. // 10

Overall Impression: This is and always will be one of my favorite cds. Of all the songs on the disc, I am constantly finding new favorites, including "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3", "Cuts Marked in the March of Men", "The Crowing", "Blood Red Summer", "The Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer", and the absolutely perfect "The Light and the Glass". If this CD was stolen, I'd buy it again immediately. It's that good. Get over any problem with Claudio's voice; there are singers out there that are much harder to listen to (for me, it's GN'R, I had to get over him). The only real problem I have with this disc is that it ends. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: Pittman, on may 22, 2007

Sound: I first heard this band a couple of years ago, when my brother brought in a band and said "You like Rush? Check this out" and I fell in love with them from the first time I heard Blood Red Summer, but that was years ago, and now, I have all the albums, so now I know more about them. Now, to the sound, I don't care what people say, CoCa is awesome. The guitars and the bass and drums, all sound out of this world. The complications of the instruments impressed me as well, especially on songs like VC II Backend of Forever and so on. They have improved a lot on this album from Turbine, it just seems that in Turbine, they are trying to find their sound, but they found it on this one. // 10

Lyrics: O yes, the lyrics and vocals. People can say all they want about Claudio, but his voice is awesome. It isnt those same boring voices you hear all the time that anoy you to death Nickelback. The lyrics are the 3rd part to the Coheed And Cambria story, and this onoe deals more with Claudio than the other. The lyrics are great, but too complicated, and I like it like that.I would get bored if the lyrics were too easy to figure out, I guess the only way for me to figure out the story though is from the comics coming out soon. // 10

Overall Impression: I personally think this is Coheed's best so far. Turbine they were working on the sound, and Good Apollo 1 was too confusing, switching back and forth between the real world and the story. Overall, one of the greatest albums I have ever heard in my life, an instant classic. // 10

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: James TH, on october 15, 2007

Sound: Starting off with a classic coheed and cambria intro to the CD, with the phone ringing and the answer coming in like a burst of flame. Coheed must have known that they had a classic on their hands in recording. Next up on the tracklist is the title track IKSOSE:3. Here, coheed starts with a mystical sounding riff that grabs your attention and then burst into a full blown fury of sound and fantasy, with a catchy verse chorus and breakdown riff. This song is ths big step forward in with coheed and cambria becoming hte heavy techinical force they are today, and IKSOSE:3 is still their anthem. The album progresses on from track to track, each distinictively differnt from the last. At track five, coheed lays down another big hitter, The Crowing. This is fast picking, larger than life tune is a pleasure to listen to and a workout for the arm. Another big hitter comes almost twenty tracks ahead. Track 23 is the hidden track on the album, incorporating a little bit of RUSH, blues, metal, and exerts from their past songs all in one for the song 21:13 to end it all off. Simply astounding. // 9

Lyrics: Anyone who knows coheed and cambria knows that they are mostly in the music to tell a story, in this case, this album is from the coheed and cambria series, or the Bag Online Adventures as it was previously called. Lead singer Claudio Sanchez takes us all for a ride through fairy tale land on this one, always leavin the fans to interpret the lyrics into the events of the story he weaves. He is never short at amzing with catchy one liners and powerful high pitched vocals, the story is displayed in difficult metaphor and skillful word play. Lyrics will always be the strong point of coheed and cambrias music in my opinion. // 10

Overall Impression: I wasn't happy with some of the songs on the CD, including some of the more poppier sounding songs that come near the middle of the CD. Notably well written songs are, IKSOSE:3, the crowing, Backened Forever, Faint of Hearts, A Favour House Atlantic, The Light And The Glass, and 21:13, and yet all the songs are well written and a journey to listen to. If the CD was stolen I would go out and buy it in a heartbeat, it ranks as one of the greatest cds of all time, and a contender for coheeds best album they have ever written. I enjoyed the story, it seemed like the breakthrough from the boring beginning to the series and really captivated me. Definetly worth checking out when you have the chance. // 9

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: ashesofwake, on july 02, 2008

Sound: Really different sound way different from the sound on the second stage turbine blade. Same sort of tone by the overall quality of the sound has definalty improved. Some parts of the sound is the high pitch of Claudio's voice it's not like that is just his singing voice in reality but I think that it is his singing voice for the type of music that he plays because Coheed and Cambria are a different stlye from every other type of band these days so Claudio offers his unique voice to describe the events in the story as if it is part of his burden and he is telling part of his lifes story to his fans by singing. // 9

Lyrics: Really awesome lyrics people who are listening to Coheed for the first time are going to be wondering what the lyrics are all about. The complicated story is what makes up the whole part in the lyrics the story of the lyrics in Inkeeping Secrets are totally insane almost every song has it's own sort of rythmical poetry to it. The lyrics can offen be confusuing to any person not familar with Coheed and Cambria but their is not really any complication a story that fufills the lyrics is what Mr. Sanchez tries to put into his writing a very clever aspect of his writing of the lyrics is that he tries to incorperate the setting of the future in universes where the story takes place but he also brings may aspects of reality of his writing in the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: The album is very unique from all of the diffrerent albums as the story go's on I feel that the lyrics tend to become a little more dark and somewhat disturbing. Still this album can definalty make a great impression on a die hard coheed and cambria fan. Some of the songs that are totally insane are inkeeping secrets of silent earth 3, the favor house atlantic, blood red summer, and I feel that the crowing is the best track on the whole album. The song has something to offer for all coheed fans. Their are so many ups and downs throughout the whole entire piece that it is almost impossible not to like. The part about most coheed albums which I really don't like and this one inparticular is the bonus songs that are at the end of the album. Even though they are very well written they seem to have some sort of a distance from the other tracks on then main part of the album. // 8

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: Zapfire, on october 15, 2008

Sound: In Keeping Secrets is the 2nd album from New Prog Rockers Coheed and Cambria, part 3 in their story "The Amory Wars". The Style of this album is much different from the first album, SSTB, because it takes a more fun, almost poppy turn on most songs. The guitars parts of Stever and Sanchez stay amazing as they continue to utilize that duel guitar attack. The Vocals are as usual, amazing, with Sanchez hitting all the right notes and stunning listeners with his range. And, lets not forget Mic Todd and Josh Eppard, as they both contribute some impressive drum tracks and bass lines to push the greatness of this album. As I said earlier, the album is far more upbeat, poppy, and heading to a more radio friendly style, yet it still finds a way to stay true to their prog/ hard rock side throughout. Sometimes the album goes a little to poppy however, as songs like "Blood Red Summer" and "A Favor House Atlantic" sound as if they were meant for "MTV". Not saying that they are bad songs in any way, but it is just not the Coheed from SSTB. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are stunning, by far better than SSTB (which had amazing lyrics itself) because of the many catchy choruses and memorable verses. The entire album is easily listened to in sequence, and you cannot almost feel the story as the powerful lyrics hit you. From the first verse of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, to the final lines of 21:13 (IRO-Bot) you will be hooked on the words and phrases of Coheed and Cambria. Lets not forget the vocals either. Claudio, along with some backup of both his band and a chorus on several songs, put together in my opinion his absolute best vocal performance of all the albums. He hits the highs and lows, the screams and wails, and it all comes together perfectly. He hits it, the Rockin' songs such as "The Crowing" or "Three Evils" to the lower, softer songs such as "Backend of Forever" and some of "21:13" the vocals are just outstanding. Overall, one of the best written, and sung albums I own. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, it is a great album, even with the small change in muscial style. The album rocks throughout, and having 21:13 finish it off at the end seems far too perfect. However, it could have been better in my opinion. The guitar work on some songs was lacking in style. Several songs bring together familiar chord progressions that have been slightly re-worked. Because of this, I can't regard it in the same way as I do SSTB, which changes so dramatically from song to song. Even so, the album is amazing, and as all Coheed and Cambria albums are, it will always be a classic to me. // 9

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Reviewed by: Methus72, on october 17, 2008

Sound: This album, in the mind of many devoted fans of Coheed and Cambria (as well as many true musical reviews) is the most epic album the Heed has ever made. Of course, if you dislike the music put out by the band, you'll dislike it a lot. The band isn't trying appeal to everyone. But, if you like anything the band has ever done, whether it be hearing them for the first time on Rock Band and looking for songs like "welcome home" or possibly you heard a poppy song like "the suffering" or "a favor house atlantic," there is something to appeal to you on this album. In a heavy anthem, the album's title song, "In Keeping Secrets: Silent Earth," Claudio instills a sense of almost pride in his vocals and most music fans can't help joining in the epic ending. Another highly noticable song on the album, "Blood Red Summer," is a very catchy pop song. (even though, after a brief examination of the lyrics, you realize it's fairly different than you thought) A single off the album, "A Favor House Atlantic," seems to be a favorite song of not only devoted fans of the band, but a song many people can't help attempting to sing along to. The album, much like two of Coheed and Cambria's other albums, also has a "mini-series" or "mini album" on the track list. The Camper Velourium saga, in the Amory Wars universe, deals with some mishaps on Claudio's adventure, resulting in an encounter with a spaceship's murderous captain named Al. The final songs on the album, "The Light and the Glass" and the hidden track "2113" are an amazing ballod and a seeming fusion of songs from the previous album "The Second Stage Turbine Blade." Also, at the end of "The Light and the Glass," a recurring theme of the band's album, the song "The Ring in Return" can be heard being played on a glockenspiel. To a fan of the band, this is an amazing album alone, and, in the series, an essential part and one of the best set of songs the band has released. To others, I highly recommend it, if not for the fictional world, the music in it's own right is something that cannot be ignored. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of the album come from Claudio Sanchez, who also plays guitar. They all apply to his fictional world's story told through the albums. Claudio's singing cannot be compared to much of contemporary music's major singers. The closest thing most people sense is a relation to Geddy Lee's (Rush) vocal style. The ridiculously high lyrics are not only ranging, but almost operatic. // 7

Overall Impression: Coheed and Cambria have a very different style than that of most contemporary bands. They rise out of a classic rock-sounding style and go almost into progressive territory. Songs that one should notice the most are In Keeping Secrets: Silent Earth, The Light and the Glass, A Favor House Atlantic, Blood Red Summer, and The Crowing. I, being a devoted Heed fan, would re buy this album if anything ever happened to it in a heartbeat. // 7

More Coheed And Cambria reviews rating latest review
+ The Afterman: Descension 9.1 02/20/2013
+ The Afterman: Ascension 9.2 11/27/2012
+ The Second Stage Turbine Blade 9.7 07/31/2012
+ Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness 9 05/20/2011
+ Year Of The Black Rainbow 8.6 05/28/2010