Prospekt's March [EP] Review

coldplay: Prospekt's March [EP]
Released: Nov 21, 2008
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
Label: Parlophone
This CD is basically the counterpart to "Viva La Vida" - a lot of the sound is similar, and some of the songs are basically different versions of ones on "Viva La Vida".
 7.3
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Prospekt's March [EP] Reviewed by: GuitarMan147, on march 30, 2012

Sound: As we all know, Coldplay are a great band and they have great sound, both live AND on the CD's. I'm sure we know already how good they are, so I don't think I should go into detail on all the bits and pieces about the sound. Anyway, this CD is basically the counterpart to "Viva La Vida" - a lot of the sound is similar, and some of the songs are basically different versions of ones on "Viva La Vida" (e.g. "Lost+"). The genre is the same as the rest of Coldplay's music - Alternative Rock, or just Pop. The sound of the band is also a lot more 'real' as such than a lot of music is now - they use proper instrument rather than having computer-generated tracks, which I personally think is great, as people still enjoy Coldplay and continue to support them. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics throughout Coldplay's music continue to be great, with different impacts on different people. For some, they might change how they see the day, or their life, and for others, it can just be great to listen to. The best thing I think about the lyrics is that Chris Martin, lead singer, does really well on singing them in the way that just seems to be 'right' - they always fit well with the music, and the whole thing flows really well. // 9

Overall Impression: As with all Coldplay albums, I feel I can only really compare this to their others - obviously, if you enjoy "Viva La Vida", you are likely to enjoy this as well. I particularly like: "Life in Technicolor II" - The sort of continuation of "Life In Technicolor" (from "Viva La Vida") - this one not only has the great music, but also has lyrics which are really good and fit well with the song too. "Glass Of Water" - This has a really cool rhythm and chords progression, and they keep it really simple at the same time as making it sound great. It's the kind of song that I would enjoy listening to on holiday or just throughout the summer - it has that kind of relaxed feel in the verses, and then becomes louder and more catchy in the chorus - something that you could listen to a lot and not get bored by it. "Rainy Day" - this song helps make me feel better if I'm upset or whatever, it's really upbeat and groovy, I love the little interludes they do between verse and chorus, it adds to the song and so I think that it's another great song. There isn't really anything I don't like on the CD, but if it did get stolen or lost, I'm sure I would get another copy, as I love Coldplay and their music - the little bits they add on the end of songs makes them stand out more from other artists, and I want to keep listening - they are my favourite band and I personally think they're great! // 9

More Coldplay reviews rating latest review
+ Ghost Stories 6.8 05/26/2014