The Coral Review

7.5
 9.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
The Coral Reviewed by: j0nmcc, on september 08, 2003

Sound: The Coral's Debut album has fairly decent sound to it. The sound used on this album is soft rock. The band uses some decent Guitar Riffs with their songs, which to some extent is very good. All the guitar riffs used are very catchy which is a good thing. The only thing I thought was that The Coral rely on their guitars too much for the songs, and the fact that a certain riff can last a while during songs, makes the songs seem abit boring. But still a good effort. // 8

Lyrics: I felt though, that the lyrics in this Album, could of had more time Spent on them. Although, I felt the Lyrics were good, but, I felt that they become repetitive very Quickly. Kind of a Let down. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall, The Coral's debut album was a decent attempt, although a few flaws brought it down. songs to watch out for on the album are, "Dreaming of You" and "Goodbye". // 6

The Coral Reviewed by: Superdogspider, on january 21, 2009

Sound: This is The Coral's debut album, a young (at the time of release) band hailing from Liverpool. It's hard to pigeon-hole the Coral under a certain genre, since there are so many going on in the album from hypnotic sea shanties (Shadows Fall) to pure pop (Dreaming Of You). // 9

Lyrics: I love the lyrics on this album, it's not clear what a lot of the songs are about but those are the best types of lyrics. Then we have the obvious, such as Simon Diamond, about a man who turns into a tree, and the love confusion of Dreaming Of You. // 9

Overall Impression: I consider this the Coral's best album, as it contains most of my favourite Coral songs. Highlights of the album are I Remember When, Shadows Fall, Dreaming Of You, Simon Diamond, Goodbye and Skeleton Key. Definitely worth buying again if lost or stolen! // 9

More Coral reviews rating latest review
+ The Invisible Invasion 9.5 08/07/2006