Forever Review

cranes: Forever
Released: Apr 23, 1993
Genre: Shoegazing, Dream Pop
Label: Dedicated Records
If you dig real gothic music, I mean not Marilyn Manson but something totally sad and dirge like, this is for you.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Forever Reviewed by: swave75, on july 05, 2011

Sound: I admit this is one of my all-time favorite albums. I got this in 1993 when I was still in high school. Through time my love for it has never died. I have heard their other releases and though they are good, they get it right on "Forever". They use acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and piano on this wonderful album. I believe they toured with The Cure before making this cause they thank them in the sleeve of this album. I would say if you dig real gothic music, I mean not Marilyn Manson but something totally sad and dirge like, this is for you. // 10

Lyrics: Sometimes the words are hard to understand but you get what Alison Shaw is singing about. Something sad or mysterious or about someone who has lost their way. The music and lyrics are one in the same on this album. Alison Shaw sounds like she has breathed in a lot of helium. But her voice is so beautiful at the same time and totally fits the music. Her brother Jim Shaw plays in the band too. // 10

Overall Impression: I would compare this with all my other favorite albums of all-time. Nirvana "Nevermind", Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here", Depeche Mode "Violator", The Cure "Disintegration", KISS "Creatures Of The Night" etc... I just love it so much. My favorite songs... All of them. 1. "Everywhere" 2. "Cloudless" 3. "Jewel" 4. "Far Away" 5. "Adrift" 6. "Clear" 7. "Sun And Sky" 8. "And Ever" 9. "Golden" 10. "Rainbows". All of them are perfect. But if I had to pick one... Golden might be it. Check out the guitar on it. If it were stolen I think I would probably die. Yeah, I am a fanboy for this one. Just buy it already. // 10

Comments