God Shuffled His Feet Review

9.1
 8.2
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
God Shuffled His Feet Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 29, 2003

Overall Impression: This cd is an amazing combination of great instrumental and composing talent combined with brilliant lyrics and the unique element of Brad Robert's baritone vocals. Many people have said that "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" or "Afternoons and Coffeespoons" is their favorite, but my favorites are "Two Knights and Maidens" and the instrumental at the end of the album. It's not very often that a modern rock band comes up with minstrel-type songs, and even rarer when they can actually pull it off, but the Crash Test Dummies pull it off nicely. This album is a MUST HAVE if you consider yourself a music fan. // 10

God Shuffled His Feet Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 29, 2003

Sound: I first heard this album a few years ago when a colleague played it at work. I very rarely like a whole album the first time I listen to it, but this one was an exception. I raced out and bought a copy, and it is still one of the favourites in my collection. The lyrics are originally refreshing - it's great to find an artist who can sing about something other than love. The album is light hearted, comical, and guaranteed to put you in a good mood. Every song is completely different, but every one is individually brilliant. // 10

Lyrics: I don't often listen to lyrics, but in the case of this album I can recite virtually every word. Brad Roberts' gravelly voice suits the lyrics perfectly and is never tiresome. // 10

Overall Impression: I read a review which said this album was the Dummies' best work, and I wholeheartedly agree. I can't really compare them to anyone else because their style is so different, but if you liked 'Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm' or 'Afternoons and Coffeespoons' on the radio, then rest assured you'll like the rest of the album. // 10

Comments