Generation Wild Review

9.3
 9.1
 9.4
Generation Wild Reviewed by: Cam Dude, on november 16, 2010

Sound: Crashdet are, essentially, a modern day sleaze metal band hailing from Stockholm, Sweden. Quite possibly one of the better Swedish sleaze metal acts, it's prominent that they are influenced by groups such as Skid Row, Mtley Cre and Guns N Roses. In saying that, these guys have taken those influences aboard and created a signature sound. This record features their third singer, Simon Cruz, who absolutely gives it his all. If I had to draw any comparisons, this man sounds somewhat like Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame. Whilst this record is much more consistent and melodic than the band's second release 'The Unattractive Revolution', it is still a notch behind the band's debut - the undisputed 'Rest in Sleaze' album. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically, this album is very much spot on. Sex, drugs and rock and roll - what else could you want? Matter-of-fact, title track 'Generation Wild' could even be seen as the new 'Youth Gone Wild'. What I admire about this band is the fact they can write some decent lyrics, even if English isn't their primary language. Personally, I find this record has no cheese factor, when compared to some of their contemporaries. It even brushes with the rather touchy topic of suicide in 'Save Her' - the album's only ballad. Singer Simon Cruz (previously of Jailbait) fits in well with the music, giving it an extra edge some bands lack. // 8

Overall Impression: In my opinion, 'Generation Wild' is the greatest album Skid Row never released. It's great to see the band finally return to form after the tragic loss of singer/songwriter/founder Dave Lepard. We didn't quite see it on their second album, but we are seeing it now. I think the band have finally found the right frontman in Simon Cruz and we can hopefully expect an even better record next time around. Possibly even their best yet - who knows. The most impressive tracks would be 'Armageddon', 'Generation Wild', 'Save Her', 'Native Nature' and 'Chemical', but in all honesty this album is just pure killer. It is a record I would go out of my way to buy again if it were stolen or lost. // 8

Generation Wild Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 06, 2011

Sound: Crashdiet is a glam metal band form Sweden which sounds like glam metal bands from the 80s. In my opinion, they sound different from the most of new bands. Their newest album is called "Generation Wild" and there are 13 songs on the CD and all of them, from the first ("Intro") to the last ("Fear control") are really great, from the music to the lyrics. The album is pretty heavy - there are only two ballads on it. If you ask me this is their best album so far. // 10

Lyrics: This is their first album with the new singer Simon Cruz and his husky voice sounds perfect along with Martin Sweet's crashing guitar solos. The lyrics go with the music and they are typical glam metal lyrics. I think they describe lifestyle that band members stand for. // 10

Overall Impression: Crashdiet can be compared to some of the 80s glam metal bands but they sound pretty unique. Their music is a mix of glam and heavy metal. If you ask me the most impressive song on the album is "Generation Wild". It sounds like a party anthem and it is really perfect song. Other songs I especially like are Chemical, Save Her, So Alive and Native Nature, but every single song on the album is great. There is nothing to hate about this album, at least in my opinion. The album is definetly worth buying, especially if you're an 80s glam metal fan. It is one of the best new albums and Crashdiet are one of the best new bands. In fact, I'm very surprised that Crashdiet is not more popular because it surely deserves to be. // 10

Generation Wild Reviewed by: pepsilawson, on may 31, 2011

Sound: From the intro of Armageddon I knew that this would be special, and as soon as the vocals of their 3rd singer Simon Cruz below in I new it was. They re grabbed that sense of naturalness and believable quality in the music and maintain that sleaze rawness that made them who they are, but also a more developed band with insane vocal parts that sound some one choir like at times. // 9

Lyrics: The vocals are a hell of a lot stronger this time round and they have a better feel for the band. Simon Cruz clearly has a great set of pipes but he is also not trying to imitate Depard or anyone else for that matter. The lyrics on tracks Rebel hits the mark in what has made them who they are, also Generation Wild sums up their audience in a swoop that makes you want to grab a beer and go wild. They also have a moment to pause as the lyrics for the emotional heart breaker that is Save Her slides in from an angle i was not prepared for and Peep Show singer Johnny Gunn did an amazing job writing the lyrics to this, and Simon did a great job retelling them. The Lyrics from just Generation Wild and Save Her make this album worth a 10. // 10

Overall Impression: In my honest opinion I believe this to be the best Crashdiet album. I know your reading this thinking REST IN SLEAZE! But I honestly feel that if this had been their debut album know one would be complaining. Stand out tracks are Generation Wild, Save Her and Chemical, the guitar worth on all 3 is insane with chemical having a GNR My Mechelle styling with it, Generation Wild having what could be the voice of the generation and Save Her taking a step in the spot light to slow things down and make you think. Before I was a part time listener of Crashdiet but I feel this album has made me a fan. // 9

More Crashdiet reviews rating latest review
+ The Unattractive Revolution 7 05/31/2011