The Unattractive Revolution Review

Label: Universal Music
 6.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Unattractive Revolution Reviewed by: pepsilawson, on may 31, 2011

Sound: The 2007 release by Crashdiet features new vocalist H.Olliver Twisted (Herman of Reckless Love). The album tries to pick up from where they where left from loosing Lepard. There down and dirty, sleazy sound remains and their song writing has definitely developed well and also features 2 tracks with Mick Mars of Motley Crue. If you are familiar with Crashdiet you will know what to expect a cross of early GNR and Crue covered in sleaze picking up where they left off. // 8

Lyrics: Unfortunately after the loss of Lepard I believe Crashdiet have made a mistake in the selection of Twisted. He just doesn't sound genuine when he sings and it sounds as if he is trying too much to sound like Lepard instead of sounding natural to himself that may of made me believe in what he was singing instead of sounding strained. The lyrics however are great they have a lot more of a dark touch then on Rest In Sleaze and instead of the sort of we can do it attitude its a more of us against the world feeling which works as they have definitely had a lot to try and overcome. However i find it hard to over come Twisteds vocals to score this very well. Which is a shame because I have heard resent versions of songs such as Falling Rain with another vocalist that make it sound genuine and real and if I had heard this before I had heard Reckless Love I probably wouldn't of given Olli a chance. // 6

Overall Impression: This album had all the tools to be great except one. Sadly the vocals let this down incredibly which is disappointing as musically it is a work of art and the chorus of Falling Rain is incredible and well worth a listen if you can only pick up a single of it. Also what stands out a lot is how great of a guitar album it is, it shows them in a more complex state then previously which is great. I also feel it lacks a slight feel of a voice for the youth which they captured perfectly on their debut album but all things considered after loosing a vital member it would be expected that they may take on a darker root which they have. // 7

More Crashdiet reviews rating latest review
+ Generation Wild 9.3 05/31/2011